SportsWrath

Welcome David Wilson.

BlueInCanada

Guest StrahansGap

Ask Eli what he REALLY thinks of his offensive line....especially after that San Francisco game. Some of you guys are acting like there isn't a problem there when there is. Beatty hasn't proved himself at LT yet. McKenzie is gone. Snee had his worst year as a pro last year, Baas was in and out of the lineup, and how much longer can Diehl really hold it together???

And shame on the giants front office for relying on Eli's toughness to get him through games. Eventually it will catch up to him and Reese and company will be the ones responsible for not protecting the best QB this franchise ever had.....

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants trade up to get one of the remaining offensive linemen.... I can't believe so many fell to the 2nd round.

I'm fairly excited about this pick. Wilson was originally at the top of my wish list, IMO he's the most electrifying offensive player in the draft. Not a perfect player at all, but I'm not going to complain because the guy is basically Reggie Bush. Now, Bush at 2nd overall was a stupid pick... but at the back end of the 1st round its straight quality and a very good fit for what the Giants were missing.

The morning after, I'm still on the fence with the pick. He's got great abilty, but comes with significant reservations (fumbles, pass protection). If he can improve those two things and still run the way he has, than I'll be happy with the pick. But right now, I'm at a B or B-

I was surprised at the pick, but happy.

saw this retweeted by Schefter:

According to STATS, David Wilson gained 990 yards last season after making contact with a defender, the best mark in the NCAA.

I will say this, it is possible they could have traded down and grabbed Wilson... but you have to have a trade partner to do that, and we don't know what was going on in those war rooms. Now Wilson was the next highest ranked RB... he would've gone early in the 2nd... don't believe me? Watch how early Lamar Miller goes tonight. Another RB will be taken early in the second. Reese believes this is a factor back and I agree. And there is something to be said for Reese and the Giants' staff as talent evaluators. Like has been said, the only draft board that matters is Reese's.

I don't disagree with V's statistical analysis of mock's and rankings as statistically significant predictors of draft positions. However, that doesn't take into account that a lot of teams do not draft well, and their picks don't pan out, and are wasted.

If the argument is we could've traded back and got the same player, again I say it takes two to tango, and once Weeden was taken by the Browns in the first I think that made a trade down for us far less likely. So Reese got his guy at his spot.

I'm looking forward to watching this guy, I think he compares favorably to LeSean McCoy and LaDainian Tomlinson in his prime. That's some high praise I know but that's how good this guy can be.

I will say this, it is possible they could have traded down and grabbed Wilson... but you have to have a trade partner to do that, and we don't know what was going on in those war rooms. Now Wilson was the next highest ranked RB... he would've gone early in the 2nd... don't believe me? Watch how early Lamar Miller goes tonight. Another RB will be taken early in the second. Reese believes this is a factor back and I agree. And there is something to be said for Reese and the Giants' staff as talent evaluators. Like has been said, the only draft board that matters is Reese's.

I don't disagree with V's statistical analysis of mock's and rankings as statistically significant predictors of draft positions. However, that doesn't take into account that a lot of teams do not draft well, and their picks don't pan out, and are wasted.

If the argument is we could've traded back and got the same player, again I say it takes two to tango, and once Weeden was taken by the Browns in the first I think that made a trade down for us far less likely. So Reese got his guy at his spot.

I'm looking forward to watching this guy, I think he compares favorably to LeSean McCoy and LaDainian Tomlinson in his prime. That's some high praise I know but that's how good this guy can be.

Reese did say last night on MSG that they where waiting for a team to offer up the mutha load in picks to trade out of the first but no team emerged. that was why they waited so long on the pick announcement.

Trent Richardson, to the Broooons.

Yea I forgot.. they traded up to get him. So when Reese says Wilson was the 2nd best rated RB on his board, it means he thought Wilson was a better prospect than Martin... Fuck the Bucs.

Yea I forgot.. they traded up to get him. So when Reese says Wilson was the 2nd best rated RB on his board, it means he thought Wilson was a better prospect than Martin... Fuck the Bucs.

Not necessarily, why would you have a player on your board that you are certain is going in the top 5 picks when you're picking at 32? Plus, even if you're premise is right, that Richardson was on their board, he could have had Martin AND Wilson ahead of Richardson.

But I think that Wilson was just behind Martin on their board.

Listening to sports radio down here, Mike Sullivan (our Mike Sullivan, who is now the OC for the Bucs), was talking about Doug Martin and said they really liked him and we're taking a long look at him when he was still with the Giants... of course he goes to the Bucs and they take Martin just ahead of us in a trade up. So you would think that maybe Sullivan brought some inside info to the Bucs war room that told them they should trade up just ahead of the Giants to get Doug Martin.

Wilson set a Virginia Tech record with 1,709 yards last season. His 2,253 total yards broke the ACC record for juniors set by Tiki Barber in 1995. However, he also fumbled seven times (losing four), which Tom Coughlin made sure to point out. Wilson likely will be the No. 2 back behind the injury-prone Ahmad Bradshaw, whom Reese said was still the Giants’ “lead dog.”

Wilson, though, is one interesting cat (or a “live-wire,” as Ross said). He’s an amateur standup comedian. He’s known for wearing a suit, tie and fedora to class. And then there’s the backflip video he posted on YouTube just two days ago, in which he good-naturedly called out Jason Pierre-Paul — the Giants’ first-round pick in 2010 who has a viral backflip video of his own. Pierre-Paul’s video had him doing 14 backflips. Wilson did seven more.

“When I was making the video I knew I was stirring up something,” Wilson said. “Maybe we can get to the bottom of it.”

ROGERS SIGNS

The Giants signed DT Shaun Rogers (6-4, 350), a 12-year vet who played with the Saints last season. The three-time Pro Bowler will add depth behind starters Chris Canty and Linval Joseph.

make it a .gif and run the back flips in revers and as he get to the First one have him pop up in a Giants UNI #34

Dude I can't even paste a fake head on somebody, let alone do anything like that.

That had to be the stupidest switch of the draft. The Vikings weren't going to take Richardson so what was the point?

They obviously feared the Vikes would just grab Richardson anyway, figuring the Browns wanted him bad and would just hold him hostage. The Vikings held all the cards, they could've taken Kalil, Claiborne, or Blackmon and would've been happy.