SportsWrath

Giants LB'ers

Balloonknot

here are our Current LB's

Rivers, Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams, Mathias Kiwanuka, Greg Jones, Mark Herzlich, Clint Sintim, Spencer Paysinger, Chase Blackburn and Adrian Tracy.

Thats a total of 10 LBer's I can't see us keeping more than 6 or 7 at most.

I could see the giants using Kiwi more at DE this year with the loss of tolly. I could see Sintim getting cut at this point. In my opinon the other odd man odd would be adrian Tracy.

Leaving our Full time LB'ers as Rivers, Boley, Williams, Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger, And blackburn

I would go to war with that group.

Agreed!!! I'm so fucking pumped!!

Boley is a beast

kiwi will likely become the "joker" or "rover"

Rivers has tons of ability to become a monster tommorow.

Chase brings the grit, smarts and vet presence.

Willliams is a phenomenal athlete and prospect who is already a stud in coverage as a rookie. Dude has game, and will get better and better since he's raw as fuck. He will see significant playing time in all phases. ST stud as well. Amazing 6th round steal!!

Jones is a solid backup and really good ST player, he is a solid and decent end of the rotation Lb.

Herz is similar to jones but has more potential. High motor, good guy, tons of talent let's see.

Paysinger is a good athlete but i personally don't like him.

Wild Card is Chad Jones. If he can suit up an make this team, he can potentially be a huge help on STs an or backup safety. Dude has so much heart, he will make the team IMO. He will be at mini camp as a participant next week I think.

They're not demoting Kiwi from starting LB to only 15 or so snaps/game at DE. He was moved to LB to keep him on the field as much as possible.

Not this year anyhow...wait until Osi is shown the door and Kiwi is the 3rd DE...subbing for Tuck or JPP or being on the field when Tuck moves in to DT

I would be really, really shocked if we took a linebacker early in the draft. We have a plethora of linebackers already and most likely, anyone of them is more NFL ready than what we could get in the draft.

I'm a huge Herzlich fan and believe he is going to become our stud LB in a couple of years. I also think Jones and Williams are going to be better this coming season after a year's experience with the big boys. For being rookies, they proved they can transition to the NFL.

The draft is a crap shoot. Hell....even Hightower - the top linebacker in the draft - could be a bust...and a multi-million dollar bust to boot. It takes a year on the field to find out if you rolled snake eyes or gone bust. I think we've been pretty damn lucky to get some serious talent at the linebacker position.

I would be really, really shocked if we took a linebacker early in the draft. We have a plethora of linebackers already and most likely, anyone of them is more NFL ready than what we could get in the draft.

I'm a huge Herzlich fan and believe he is going to become our stud LB in a couple of years. I also think Jones and Williams are going to be better this coming season after a year's experience with the big boys. For being rookies, they proved they can transition to the NFL.

The draft is a crap shoot. Hell....even Hightower - the top linebacker in the draft - could be a bust...and a multi-million dollar bust to boot. It takes a year on the field to find out if you rolled snake eyes or gone bust. I think we've been pretty damn lucky to get some serious talent at the linebacker position.

I'd hold off on claiming Jones, Herzlich, and Paysinger to be serious talent...I'll give you Williams.

I agree though, that I'd be a bit surprised to see LB taken early given our youth at the position already. Jones, Herzlich, and Paysinger...with another year or two of development and tutelage under Boley, Kiwi, and maybe even Rivers...with Blackburn to back them up...LB in general, is not nearly the biggest hole.

I still think one gets drafted, but very simply, not in the top 3 rounds.

I'm in total agreement here. I don't see us picking a LB or a RB early in the draft. As I read more I'm inclined to believe we're landing a stud DE or DT followed by a stud OT to be groomed. In Osi's mock draft thread I saw he picked a safety and I'm a huge fan since the GM side of my brain things Rolle's contract is killing us although I wonder if Sash can be a starter soon.

Our LBs are (this guy we just got from the Bungals), Boley, and Kiwi. Then we sill have Williams who has shown enough as is.