SportsWrath

Add Diehl to the List Of Restructures

Mr. P

I'm not sure all this restructuring is good for upcoming years... we maybe in cap hell for years to come.

The new media deal should kick

In within a year or two which will raise the cap by a good amount. My guess is upwards

Of $10 million.

Just trust Reese, he obviously knows the deal.

In within a year or two which will raise the cap by a good amount. My guess is upwards

Of $10 million.

Let's hope you're right. If it's ok to help the team then every team would be doing this same pony trick. Let's all remember everyone dump their cash at Madoff in saying " just trus him".

Of $10 million.

The cap increases for everyone.. it still means we'd be in cap hell compared to other teams

Do the "option" years affect salary if we choose not to pick up the option? Not totally sure how that works, we obviously would not be paying the guy but does that money still count against the cap?

The cap increases for everyone.. it still means we'd be in cap hell compared to other teams

Giants seem to be right up against the cap most years but are able to still adequately replace the players they lose through the draft (or they are already on the roster) and by making good free agent acquisitions that don't break the bank....so as long as we keep that going, I'm not worried.

Giants seem to be right up against the cap most years but are able to still adequately replace the players they lose through the draft (or they are already on the roster) and by making good free agent acquisitions that don't break the bank....so as long as we keep that going, I'm not worried.

I don't recall the Giants or any team for that matter do THAT much restructuring.

Not quite, Jerry Reese knows what he's doing, and by then some of our guys can be cut without much of a cap hit. Like Canty, Rolle, Diehl etc...

It's really not a big deal as long as we resign some of our homegrown core guys. Nicks, Phillips, JPP, Cruz etc...

I don't recall the Giants or any team for that matter do THAT much restructuring.

Happens all the time

Last year off the top of my head, Rolle, Jacobs, and Webster all restructured.

I think the jets had like 5 guys restructure.

It's not as big a deal as you making it.

It's not ideal, but it works. And the cap rising helps us.

It's not like we are the only team up against the cap. Pretty much any team with a franchise QB is.

Happes all the time

Last year of the top of my head, Rolle, Jacobs, and Webster all restructured.

I think the jets had like 5 guys restructure.

It's not as big a deal as you making it.

It's not ideal, but it works. And the cap rising helps us.

It's not like we are the only team up against the cap. Pretty much any team with a franchise QB is.

Yep the key is managing the cap and keeping good talent around your franchise QB for as long as you can to compete for that trophy for as long as possible....until you have to rebuild....

Do the "option" years affect salary if we choose not to pick up the option? Not totally sure how that works, we obviously would not be paying the guy but does that money still count against the cap?

I'd assume that the salary in the option years would not count against the cap in the option years unless the option was actually picked up by the team and/or player. As for original bonus money, I don't know if that's prorated over the base agreement or if that's prorated over the base agreement + option years.

Might have to keep an eye on T2's deal on spotrac given the Giants have an option to release him after 1 year. Not sure how that'd affect his 11 million guaranteed in regards to the cap. Would that bonus get accelerated into next year, thereby all but forcing the Giants to pick up the option? Is that where injury settlements come in to play? Don't know.

Me neither...and most of these FA's are just looking for a fat payday. Most don't pan out with their new teams as they get complacent and say why risk too much...I got mine.

Not quite, Jerry Reese knows what he's doing, and by then some of our guys can be cut without much of a cap hit. Like Canty, Rolle, Diehl etc...

It's really not a big deal as long as we resign some of our homegrown core guys. Nicks, Phillips, JPP, Cruz etc...

Restructuring by means of converting salary to bonus money, like Eli did...only worsens the cap hit in out years. Look up my post on T2's deal where I went through it all.

Restructuring by means of converting salary to bonus money, like Eli did...only worsens the cap hit in out years. Look up my post on T2's deal

where I went through it all.

Yea I mostly understand the process of restructuring contracts.

My point was the new media deal will help the cap situation is the upcoming years.

Yea I mostly understand the process of restructuring contracts.

My point was the new media deal will help the cap situation is the upcoming years.

Yes, the cap increase will certainly help consume any potential cap hit we'd take...but at the end of the day, we'd still take a hit for cutting said players.