SportsWrath

Tickets for the big one ?

UK-Giantsfan

Has anybody on the boards got tickets ? ....is anyone planning to make the trip. ?

I can't find tickets anywhere ........i got offered 2 from a guy who works for NFL UK ( buy he wanted $4600......and that aint going to happen )

I'm thinking about making the trip and trying to buy one in Indy for cash ( longshot ! )

Incredibly ...my wife WILL let me go ! ( i married well there )

Please let me know if anyone finds a source of tickets and can sell 1

Regards

UK

Prices almost always fall dramatically in the last 36 hours.

People don't like to make the trip with out the certainty of a ticket.

Almost always. Which is, of course, a big gamble if you are coming from the UK.

Unfortunately my group did not score any tickets in the lottery despite having had some of our tickets since the 50s and the rest from the 70s.

here is a little bit of info on what is an extremely opaque process

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/23/in-wake-of-win-giants-have-bad-news-for-fans/

Has anybody on the boards got tickets ? ....is anyone planning to make the trip. ?

I can't find tickets anywhere ........i got offered 2 from a guy who works for NFL UK ( buy he wanted $4600......and that aint going to happen )

I'm thinking about making the trip and trying to buy one in Indy for cash ( longshot ! )

Regards

UK

http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-tickets/

Stub hub starting price 2400.00

Here is what the NYG told me about SB seats. Five superbowls and the seats have been in my family since 76, not once did I get the oportunity to buy them.

January 2012

The allotment of Super Bowl tickets given to the participating Teams is very limited. In order to distribute tickets for purchase as fairly as possible to our Non-Club Season Ticket Holders, we conducted a drawing by a random computer selection that was weighted by seniority. In order to be eligible for the drawing, your account must be in good standing. However, as in all drawings, there are no guaranteed selections; and unfortunately, your account was not selected for an opportunity to purchase tickets to Super Bowl XLVI.

For each year that you have held tickets in your name, your account number was entered one time. For example, if you have held tickets in your name for fifteen years, your account number was entered in the computer drawing fifteen times. If you have owned tickets in your name for three years, your account number was entered in the computer drawing three times. If your account has been in your name since Yankee Stadium, your account number was in the drawing forty-six times. If your account has been in your name since Shea Stadium, your account number was in the drawing forty-one times. Therefore, the longer you have been a ticket holder the greater the likelihood of your account being chosen.

We thank you for your support and look forward to a great 2012 season.

Sincerely,

New York Football Giants

its pathetic ....the way you have been treated First ! ......we need loyal folk like you at the game

i cant find a ticket for under $2300 either .......looks like im staying home

i might just fly over anyway

It's the way of the NFL now. I guess i should shut my mouth a deal with it. Hell I pay up every year buy new gear every year. Waste hours thinking about the Giants and discussing it. I'm an addict.

Regards

UK

UK....seriously, you're my fucking hero...I hope you can put it together.

It's the way of the NFL now. I guess i should shut my mouth a deal with it. Hell I pay up every year buy new gear every year. Waste hours thinking about the Giants and discussing it. I'm an addict.

look I'm pissed too. we have 8 seats in the 5k licence bracket. 2 date back to the polo grounds and the other 6 to the Yale Bowl in the early 70s and we didn't eben get a sniff.

Yet in '86, '90 and '00 we hit at a 25% ratio. 2 In each year.

But at the same time, If they are giving preference to someone who gave them 20k for a seat license? Well i guess I understand but they should have been up front about that when they built the dump that replaced our old stadium.

look I'm pissed too. we have 8 seats in the 5k licence bracket. 2 date back to the polo grounds and the other 6 to the Yale Bowl in the early 70s and we didn't eben get a sniff.

Yet in '86, '90 and '00 we hit at a 25% ratio. 2 In each year.

But at the same time, If they are giving preference to someone who gave them 20k for a seat license? Well i guess I understand but they should have been up front about that when they built the dump that replaced our old stadium.

I don't care if they a coughing up 20 g's you're right it's BS

If I was you, I would just fly to Ny and catch it in a sports bar. I know it's not the same, but you could stick around for the parade. Also, the hotels in Indy are insane right now and there is not much to do in Indy, besides the super bowl.