SportsWrath

Another Reason to Love Richie

Allstarjim

I saw this article about the last playoff game with San Francisco in 2003... the game that shall not be mentioned. I didn't know this, but then head of officiating Mike Pereira apologized to the Giants a day after the non-call P.I. on Richie Seubert. I had not heard this before, that Mike explained the officials thought Seubert was ineligible, and thus could not have been interfered with, which wasn't the case, he HAD reported as an eligible receiver. Probably most of you guys knew that already. I think I didn't want to read anything about that game afterwards. But anyway, what I loved was the end of the article, Richie is going to the game on Sunday and of course will be rooting his ass off for the Giants, check it:

Seubert recently moved to California. He was cut by the Giants before this season though he refuses to say he is retired. If his reconstructed knee rehabs well, he said, he may consider attempting a comeback next season.

For now, however, he plans to take his wife and two sons to San Francisco for the N.F.C. championship game Sunday. When he does, he will do his best to block out the memories.

“That game was a long time ago,” Seubert said. “When we go there this time, all we’ll be thinking about is seeing a big Giants win.”

Got to love it. Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/17/sports/football/giants-loss-to-49ers-still-stings-9-years-later.html?_r=2&ref=football

Love reading the comments by bitter 69'er fans...telling Giants fans to get over it. Question...if it happened to the 69'ers...would you appreciate Giants fans telling you to get over it. And also the 69'ers have not been relevant in the playoffs for close to 10 years. I know they have a top notch defense...but they still play in the West...other than New Orleans...a couple of easy wins out there...and last I checked the Giants have a good offense with big play potential plus a revived defense. One game where the 69'er QB plays lights out does not equate him to Eli. The Giants have been here before. I believe the 69'ers have blown their wad emotionally against beating the Saints. I'm calling a Giants win...I have seen many of these 69'er/Giants matchups...and I have not been this confidant since the 86 Divisional Playoffs when we waxed some ass.

Love reading the comments by bitter 69'er fans...telling Giants fans to get over it. Question...if it happened to the 69'ers...would you appreciate Giants fans telling you to get over it. And also the 69'ers have not been relevant in the playoffs for close to 10 years. I know they have a top notch defense...but they still play in the West...other than New Orleans...a couple of easy wins out there...and last I checked the Giants have a good offense with big play potential plus a revived defense. One game where the 69'er QB plays lights out does not equate him to Eli. The Giants have been here before. I believe the 69'ers have blown their wad emotionally against beating the Saints. I'm calling a Giants win...I have seen many of these 69'er/Giants matchups...and I have not been this confidant since the 86 Divisional Playoffs when we waxed some ass.

T, New Orleans isn't in the Western division anymore. I agree they have a 6 game cake walk. Actually Seattle played them tough and Az beat them. So 3 easy games in their division, plus a schedule based on 6-10. But they did beat the Eagles and Lions on the road and Pitt at home.

T, New Orleans isn't in the Western division anymore. I agree they have a 6 game cake walk. Actually Seattle played them tough and Az beat them. So 3 easy games in their division, plus a schedule based on 6-10. But they did beat the Eagles and Lions on the road and Pitt at home.

Fuck those "facts" :)

Thanks...I was wondering...but I did not check in Google...lol....

Love this guy Richie.... he was one of the under rated players that the Giants knew. Maybe that's why they kept him even after his first major injury. i'm glad he's doing well and attempting a come back next season. hopefully he can come back to us as a backup... teach the young bucks a move or two.