SportsWrath

Giants vs Jets

Nas

I guess the NY Daily News had nothing to write about... most of this article is blabber between two talking heads... but here's what stood out for me:

1. When it’s all over, who’ll be the bigger star in New York, Mark Sanchez or Eli Manning?

Vacchiano: You know what makes a star in this town? Winning. Looks, personality, magazine covers, the ‘it factor’ – none of it matters if you don’t produce. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl in dramatic fashion and now he’s peaking while putting up video game-like numbers, carrying a team on his back. He may eventually be the greatest quarterback this town has ever seen. He’s not going to wear pantyhose or date super models or, you know, be interesting at all. But who cares? He’s an elite player with a ring.

Mehta: Ralph raises a great point: Winning trumps all. That’s why it’s hard to argue that Sanchez, who is only one of five quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to win 30+ games in his first three years as a starter, is not destined for great things in his career. Manning was an inaccurate, turnover-prone signal caller before he found his way. Sanchez, meanwhile, has already won an NFL record-tying four road playoff games in his first two seasons. Vacchiano is just jealous that he doesn’t have a Dolce & Gabbana tank top and tight white Gucci pants in his closet like Sanchez.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/10-questions-big-ny-giants-ny-jets-clash-answered-york-daily-news-beat-writers-article-1.994706#ixzz1hB2F2iCa

Whoever this Metha guy is should just go fuck himself.. comparing Eli to Sanchez is illegal... hands fucking down.

7. Which maligned coordinator has a better chance of returning: Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer or Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell?

Vacchiano: For better and worse, Tom Coughlin is loyal to his assistants and it’s unlikely he’ll make a change that would result in the team’s fourth defensive coordinator in five years. That said, Fewell doesn’t deserve to be fired. Yeah, his defense ranks 29th, but he’s lost half his squad to injuries. Also, he’s not the one blowing coverages and missing tackles. Fewell’s not going anywhere.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/10-questions-big-ny-giants-ny-jets-clash-answered-york-daily-news-beat-writers-article-1.994706#ixzz1hB21znhS

If Fewel stays after season, I don't fucking know how I'm going to live with myself... :ranting2:

I guess the NY Daily News had nothing to write about... most of this article is blabber between two talking heads... but here's what stood out for me:

Whoever this Metha guy is should just go fuck himself.. comparing Eli to Sanchez is illegal... hands fucking down.

If Fewel stays after season, I don't fucking know how I'm going to live with myself... :ranting2:

I think that's why if we don't make the playoffs, Tom has to go. Upper management knows Cough is too married to his assistants and that's one of the reasons why Fewell's defense is so "decimated..." Palmieri makes sure half of these guys have season-ending soft tissue injuries by opening day. It's tough for a GM to say, "you can stay, but you have to get rid of your defensive coordinator and your S&C coach."

I think that's why if we don't make the playoffs, Tom has to go. Upper management knows Cough is too married to his assistants and that's one of the reasons why Fewell's defense is so "decimated..." Palmieri makes sure half of these guys have season-ending soft tissue injuries by opening day. It's tough for a GM to say, "you can stay, but you have to get rid of your defensive coordinator and your S&C coach."

Well considering the GM hires/fire the coaches of the team I'm surprised that Coughlin gets so much blame for Gilly and Fewell.

Don't get me wrong i know the HC gets alot of say in who he wants in the coaches under him but at the end of the day Reese and Co have the final say on who is the OC/DC.

If the Coaches get a clean out this off season I'm hoping Reese gets abit of a slap across the face as well, with his decision to stick with guys like Gilly and Fewell...not to mention make some absolutely horrible FA signings in recent years. He's riding on a team that EA built up that is slowly falling apart, we're really going to see how Reese can build a team as the Giants are heading into rebuild mode this off season.

Well considering the GM hires/fire the coaches of the team I'm surprised that Coughlin gets so much blame for Gilly and Fewell.

Don't get me wrong i know the HC gets alot of say in who he wants in the coaches under him but at the end of the day Reese and Co have the final say on who is the OC/DC.

If the Coaches get a clean out this off season I'm hoping Reese gets abit of a slap across the face as well, with his decision to stick with guys like Gilly and Fewell...not to mention make some absolutely horrible FA signings in recent years. He's riding on a team that EA built up that is slowly falling apart, we're really going to see how Reese can build a team as the Giants are heading into rebuild mode this off season.

The GM usually only hires the head coach... except in Washington DC, the head coach gets to build his own coaching staff.

I think Palmieri was paid off by the Egals and Broke Backs...and few others to purposely decimate the Giants roster year after year starting in the first mini-camp.... :(

:smartass: Just kidding .... I hope. But seriously Palmieri has been a plague...he is the keystone...remove him and I will forget about Cheerleader, Gilfuck and Fuel Less....causing having some of those guys translates into two extra games won despite the piss poor coaching. :laugh: