SportsWrath

Prince Out for Tomorrow's Game vs 49ers

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Giants CB Prince Amukamara (foot) is not expected to play on Sunday against the Niners.

Coaches continue to see him limping in practices, despite Amukamara's declarations that he is okay. DB Michael Coe filled in well last week, and projects as a better fit against the Niners' run-dominant offense.

Nicks (hammy) and Manningham (knee) are both game time decisions.

First of all, no source linked or even mentioned. Second of all, nowhere can I find anything that says he's been declared Out. It looks that way, but there is nothing that I see that is official.

"Not expected to play" is not the same thing as "Out".

Guest StrahansGap

First of all, no source linked or even mentioned. Second of all, nowhere can I find anything that says he's been declared Out. It looks that way, but there is nothing that I see that is official.

Rotoworld.com was the source and it's a very reliable one. Prince is OUT. The Manningham news I heard on fox 5 sports about 15 minutes ago.

The words "seen limping" and "not expected to play" tells me he's out. My 7 year old could figure that one out.

Rotoworld.com was the source and it's a very reliable one. Prince is OUT. The Manningham news I heard on fox 5 sports about 15 minutes ago.

The words "seen limping" and "not expected to play" tells me he's out. My 7 year old could figure that one out.

Again, it's "not expected to play." The word "Out" is an official designation like "Probable", "Questionable", or "Doubtful", and such a designation is officially released by the team to the NFL and subsequently to the media. It has nothing to do with leaks from reliable sources. Therefore, it's not correct to have a thread titled "Prince Out for Tomorrow's Game vs 49ers" when no such official designation has taken place.

Not expected to play, again, means that people who may or may not know what the fuck they are talking about don't think he's going to play. You and your 7 year old would fit that category, but it's still not an "Out" designation which comes from the team.

Just for clarity, I believe this is your "source", from Rotoworld:

Giants CB Prince Amukamara (foot) is not expected to play on Sunday against the Niners.

Coaches continue to see him limping in practices, despite Amukamara's declarations that he is okay. DB Michael Coe filled in well last week, and projects as a better fit against the Niners' run-dominant offense. Nov 12 - 6:43 PM

Source: ESPN.com

The link (espn.com) they provided as the "source" for that information is the team blog on ESPN, and this is what they linked:

Prince not likely to play

By Ian Begley

Prince Amukamara traveled with the Giants on Saturday, just as he did last week.

But, just like last week, Amukamara is unlikely to see the field on Sunday.

Tom Coughlin expressed concern earlier this week over whether Amukamara could play 45-50 snaps in a game.

On Friday, Amukamara insisted that he's ready to handle that load.

"My confidence is telling me that I am for sure," the rookie corner said.

The problem is, coaches have noticed Amukamara working with a limp during practice, a result of the broken foot he suffered in August.

"I’ll get in a play and [coaches will] say, 'Prince, I saw you limping,' " Amukamara said.

He doesn't feel like he's limping but knows that, as a rookie, he can't say anything to change the coaches' minds.

"He’s the one who has the ultimate decision," Amukamara says of Coughlin.

After practicing with the team for three weeks, Amukamara says he is comfortable with the defense. But he hasn't lined up against a wide receiver in a live game since last January in his final game at Nebraska.

So it's only natural for Amukamara, who is listed as questionable for Sunday, to be a bit rusty.

"I think I’m catching on pretty quickly," he said, "just getting used to breaking on balls and just reading the quarterback and stuff like that."

It's unlikely that he will get to do any of that on Sunday. San Francisco is primarily a running team, so there may not be much use for Amukamara. Plus, reserve DB Michael Coe played well last week in New England.

So all indications are Amukamara's pro debut will have to wait another week.

Before he went down with the preseason foot injury, Amukamara was expected to make an immediate impact for the Giants.

If and when he makes his debut, he should replace safety Antrel Rolle as the nickel corner. The former Nebraska star's presence would bolster a secondary that’s lost Terrell Thomas, Bruce Johnson and Brian Witherspoon to injury.

Note that Ian Begley does not work for the NY Giants, and note that he does not quote Tom Coughlin, who will decide who is officially out and who will play. At this point, Amukamara may or may not play, and it's fair to say that Ian Begley doesn't think he will, but he is basing that on a quote from Amukamara, which really doesn't say a whole lot.

Right now, Amukamara is listed officially by Coughlin, as "Questionable", not "Out".

Guest StrahansGap

Again, it's "not expected to play." The word "Out" is an official designation like "Probable", "Questionable", or "Doubtful", and such a designation is officially released by the team to the NFL and subsequently to the media. It has nothing to do with leaks from reliable sources. Therefore, it's not correct to have a thread titled "Prince Out for Tomorrow's Game vs 49ers" when no such official designation has taken place.

Not expected to play, again, means that people who may or may not know what the fuck they are talking about don't think he's going to play. You and your 7 year old would fit that category, but it's still not an "Out" designation which comes from the team.

OK Jim. Go to bed now. Put the bad day you had, behind you. I'm not getting into a semantic argument on a stupid fucking message board. You can come back and eat some crow tomorrow. My 7 year old and I will be waiting. Common fucking sense......the lack of it is what's wrong with today's society. :facepalm:

Honestly the longer Prince Amukamuka is out, I think the better.

I would rather him come back when everyone is saying "Hey this guy is ready to play" then "well....maybe he can play"

Last thing we need is him coming in with a still nagging injury and doing more damage. Frankly if he doesnt see the field once the entire year but it means he will be 100% next year I say do it.

CB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to learn, last thing I want is a rookie with an ailing injury trying to cover some WR in the playoffs.

But hopefully he recovers to 100% and can see some time before the season is over.

Just for clarity, I believe this is your "source", from Rotoworld:

The link (espn.com) they provided as the "source" for that information is the team blog on ESPN, and this is what they linked:

Note that Ian Begley does not work for the NY Giants, and note that he does not quote Tom Coughlin, who will decide who is officially out and who will play. At this point, Amukamara may or may not play, and it's fair to say that Ian Begley doesn't think he will, but he is basing that on a quote from Amukamara, which really doesn't say a whole lot.

Right now, Amukamara is listed officially by Coughlin, as "Questionable", not "Out".

Listen dude, I didn't have a bad day. Whether or not Prince plays tomorrow is not relevant. He may not play. He may play. You nor I know this. Do you know why? Because the team said he's "Questionable". So when you post a thread saying he's "Out" for the game, I expect you to provide some sort of information from the team that corroborates this. You don't have this, and his official designation is still "Questionable", and not only that, but the team itself has not released any update other than that whatsoever... so don't make a thread saying he's Out, when i fact, not you nor Ian Begley, nor I, nor Ralph Vacchiano, or even Prince Amukamara knows whether or not he's playing at this point. There has been no update other than that he's "Questionable", and is probably still a game-time decision. You should've been corrected on this. I would have no problem with this had your thread been titled, "Prince not expected to play". But you didn't say that, you said "Out", which is an official team designation that hasn't been made by the team.

SG, I like you dude, I do. Sorry if I came off harsh but it was annoying when you put he's "Out", and then linked rotoworld (actually you didn't provide a link), which linked Ian Begley's blog on ESPN.com, which sourced a quote from Amukamara, which is pretty worthless, unless that quote was, "Coach told me I'm not playing", which he didn't say. He traveled with the team, so not ALL indications are that his debut will have to wait another week. All indications are that Ian Begley is full of shit, though, and making an assumption so he can have something to write about in his blog.

Honestly the longer Prince Amukamuka is out, I think the better.

I would rather him come back when everyone is saying "Hey this guy is ready to play" then "well....maybe he can play"

Last thing we need is him coming in with a still nagging injury and doing more damage. Frankly if he doesnt see the field once the entire year but it means he will be 100% next year I say do it.

CB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to learn, last thing I want is a rookie with an ailing injury trying to cover some WR in the playoffs.

But hopefully he recovers to 100% and can see some time before the season is over.

I completely 100% disagree. If he's healthy, he needs to get reps ASAP. I don't need him getting his first NFL action against DeSean Jackson or Jason Avant, with Vick at QB, or in 2 weeks vs. Aaron Rodgers trying to cover Jordy Nelson or James Jones. If he feels good, and he says he does, and the docs clear him, he needs reps. Should another one of our corners get hurt, he is going to get pressed for action, so he needs to get up to game speed as soon as possible. Already, without further injury, we need this guy and we are definitely going to need him against the Packers and in the playoffs. He needs game experience now so he's not as overwhelmed when Aaron Rodgers is throwing lasers to Jordy Nelson who he has coverage on.

Get him in there now against a run-oriented offense with Alex Smith at QB, and let him get his feet wet.

Just get his feet wet out there and let him just get a feel for the NFL speed. The Eagles have tons of it next week.

Word. I definitely don't want his confidence killed because the first time he took the field, DeSean Jackson ran by him for a 75 yard TD. At least he can match up against a far-less explosive offense tomorrow. Knock little Teddy Ginn on his ass. Get some swag.

Word. I definitely don't want his confidence killed because the first time he took the field, DeSean Jackson ran by him for a 75 yard TD. At least he can match up against a far-less explosive offense tomorrow. Knock little Teddy Ginn on his ass. Get some swag.

Hell yea ! I swear Swag is legit. guys like T2, Webster, Rolle, Philllips just possess tons of swag Grant also. So I think all that swagger helps Prince and his pysch. All the guys have been giving him a hard time hazing wise though, that might kill his swag. Swag or no swag I'm itching to see this dude play.

No doubt. I'd like to see T2 come back on a very moderate contract. He probably needs to re-establish his market value, a short term deal would let him do that. He's not going to get big money after blowing out the same knee twice. I hope he knows this.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :P

Hey listen, when I corrected him... and you look at the initial post in the thread (with no source info whatsoever) and tell me if that wasn't complete nonsense, he told me I had no common sense, and his 7 year old could figure that out. My initial post was not inflammatory, it was a matter-of-fact correction. Then I find out the reliable source is a blog post by Ian Begley, who wrote "not expected to play", based on, well, based on very little. It was an idiotic posting by Begley, an ESPN "journalist" who decided he needed space filler that Rotoworld ran with.

Yet Amukamara traveled with the team and the team has given no inclination that he won't play, except to say he's "Questionable" (not Out), just like Manningham and Nicks. But I'm the one who needs common sense because Ian Begley heard from Prince that "coaches will still come up to me and say they see me limping". Even though he goes on to say he doesn't think he's limping and doesn't have pain.

Really?

What if I made a thread titled, "Manning Out for the Season" gave no source, and after I was questioned on it, it was about Peyton and based on a blogger's opinion at that? Give good info or don't start a thread like that. Info like that should at least state where you're getting the info from at minimum.

Guest StrahansGap

Hey listen, when I corrected him... and you look at the initial post in the thread (with no source info whatsoever) and tell me if that wasn't complete nonsense, he told me I had no common sense, and his 7 year old could figure that out. My initial post was not inflammatory, it was a matter-of-fact correction. Then I find out the reliable source is a blog post by Ian Begley, who wrote "not expected to play", based on, well, based on very little. It was an idiotic posting by Begley, an ESPN "journalist" who decided he needed space filler that Rotoworld ran with.

Yet Amukamara traveled with the team and the team has given no inclination that he won't play, except to say he's "Questionable" (not Out), just like Manningham and Nicks. But I'm the one who needs common sense because Ian Begley heard from Prince that "coaches will still come up to me and say they see me limping". Even though he goes on to say he doesn't think he's limping and doesn't have pain.

Really?

What if I made a thread titled, "Manning Out for the Season" gave no source, and after I was questioned on it, it was about Peyton and based on a blogger's opinion at that? Give good info or don't start a thread like that. Info like that should at least state where you're getting the info from at minimum.

Jim, I like you too but I honestly think you're taking this too seriously and you are definitely overreacting. After I read the Rotoworld report, I made a natural deduction. "Amukamara was seen limping" plus "not expected to play" to me, equals "out". I thought it was a fair assumption given the facts of the report. It was a harmless thread to get the word out on Prince's status....that's all.

Jim, I like you too but I honestly think you're taking this too seriously and you are definitely overreacting. After I read the Rotoworld report, I made a natural deduction. "Amukamara was seen limping" plus "not expected to play" to me, equals "out". I thought it was a fair assumption given the facts of the report. It was a harmless thread to get the word out on Prince's status....that's all.

Yep, you are right, I did overreact. Just post your source, next time, man. I only got kind of put off when you compared me to your 7 year old and saying I didn't have common sense. I still would've said that saying he's out is not exactly true and was just a guess by some blogger, but I would've been nicer about it. And really, SG, I didn't mean to be insulting in my initial post, but it wasn't cool to say I had no common sense and comparing me to a 7 year old when my point was a valid one.

Guest StrahansGap

Yep, you are right, I did overreact. Just post your source, next time, man. I only got kind of put off when you compared me to your 7 year old and saying I didn't have common sense. I still would've said that saying he's out is not exactly true and was just a guess by some blogger, but I would've been nicer about it. And really, SG, I didn't mean to be insulting in my initial post, but it wasn't cool to say I had no common sense and comparing me to a 7 year old when my point was a valid one.

I was out of line too. No hard feelings. I'm pissed because i'm forced to watch the game with my cunty sister-in-law today.