SportsWrath

forget about beating the Lions or Packers until

JackStroud

they were ridiculously undisciplined and rely too much on the big play. stafford is also a tad overrated at the moment until he stops overthrowing people.

still, they would kick our ass

they were a bit overzealous on defense but ill attribute some of that to being amped up for their first monday night game in a long time. Have to love their aggression though and Calvin Johnson is on another level right now.

yeah they are a very very good team right now and their potential is really through the roof with the talent they have. i am just responding to jack's claim that that was the 'best football he's seen in a long time'. i've watched every detroit game this year and that offense stalls out a lot. they have a hard time moving those chains and pretty much rely on bombs to johnson to get their points.

The lions gonna kick our ass. If Lynch could gain miles on us just imagine what Best could do. Our O-line isn't heathly nor playing at a level that they should. Suh will cream Eli. Megatron will be double cover and someone else gonna step up for them. It's scary but Yeah the Lions are playing with a whole new confidence.

You're all in dammit! :ranting2:

I'm still all in...............BUT

We have a lot of work to do

The middle of the D has to be shored up...........It's a shame we no longer have Blackburn, Robbins

I feel we are lacking beef in the middle

As for Kiwi............I just do not remember his name being called on a tackle.........its hard for a big guy like that to get low.......

move him back to the line and put a regular LBer back there.

Open games with the no huddle and bring the house..............set the tone......we are letting other teams dictate the first half

I have not seen ONE trick play yet this year, no flea, no end around, no direct snap, no fake punt (which worked like a charm in pre-season)

Coughlin has to see a psychiatrist and allow his mind to let go a bit. Let it fly early.......it stops the 9 in thhe box BS...........at worst its intercepted and you have the equivililent of a punt

On the Running game.............lets face it Bradshaw, and Jacobs are not getting it done............lets give Scott the rock 10-15 carries a game

Other than that we are running into decent desperate teams every week.............now we will face teams on auto-glide like us.......we should do better against the better teams............its the young hungry nobodies we cannot get it up for. We cannot just hit the gas pedal with 10 minutes to go each game.

We are not that good.

I'm hoping by the end of the year we are in a groove and healthier for a SB run

Right now, I'd fear for Eli's life against the Lions.

LOL Think about what you just said Joe..............that is EXACTLY what other teams feel when they face us....their QBs may be making a trip to the MRI- Jackson was the latest Victim..........should have left him in there Charlie Jesus lit us up

We just don't see as we are used to it <_<

we SIGNICANTLY improve, O D and Coaching............and get healthy.......................

The Lions played the best football I've seen in a long long time last night..........they are for REAL :facepalm:

We were without three players Sunday. Jacobs, Tuck, and Baas. Everyone else ISN'T getting healthy. Like it or not, this is pretty much it for us; and at this point in the season, injuries aren't really an excuse--we've had enough time to adjust for the crew on IR.

The players need to tighten up their play, and the coaches need to scheme better for the personnel they have on the field, not on paper. We do these two things, we stand a chance. If they continue like they have, we don't.

And Robbins and Blackburn wouldn't be much help. We are pretty stout in the middle of the defense for a change.

I dont know Tuck and Jacobs and Baas are a lot to lose

The Prince may suddenly appear

and D Scott has not had a chance to show us what he can do

I really think they should put Kiwi back in the DE rotation and have him in at LBer only in obvious passing situations

Eli needs to cut a long ball loose early to serve notice

I dont know Tuck and Jacobs and Baas are a lot to lose

The Prince may suddenly appear

and D Scott has not had a chance to show us what he can do

I really think they should put Kiwi back in the DE rotation and have him in at LBer only in obvious passing situations

Eli needs to cut a long ball loose early to serve notice

The only hit we didn't have a good backup for was Baas. Bradshaw was still there, and we were forced to sub Umenyiora in for Tuck, which would be unheard of on any other team.

Besides, we were playing SEATTLE, not Green Bay. No excuses.

And if you're banking on a draft pick to come in with no playing/practice time and be a game changer, this season is over already.

The only hit we didn't have a good backup for was Baas. Bradshaw was still there, and we were forced to sub Umenyiora in for Tuck, which would be unheard of on any other team.

Besides, we were playing SEATTLE, not Green Bay. No excuses.

And if you're banking on a draft pick to come in with no playing/practice time and be a game changer, this season is over already.

Why is that....................he is very highly touted, and we already had two studs step in this year Ballard and Cruz.........three is the charm........bring on the Prince :smartass:

our biggest problem is lack of desire

The Giants are taking the field like they expect the win handed to them on talent alone...........it does not work that way

every victory in this league is hard earned............unless you want to just play Air Coryell like the Patriots and Packers

even against the once defeated Bills we are favorites according to the wise guys

We could do that- throw all day..........we have the talent..............the coaches do not want to do it that way.

The opponents D is begging for us to rip them up through the air............Eli has rarely been checked

Why is that....................he is very highly touted, and we already had two studs step in this year Ballard and Cruz.........three is the charm........bring on the Prince :smartass:

Jack, he's still about a month away from even practicing. I don't think he even got in a full practice before his foot went. No rookie camp, no mini camp, nothing. There is no way the guy can come in and have a major impact right out of the gate. Maybe he can come in and play nickel in 6-8 weeks, but he's not replacing a starter this year.

Jack, he's still about a month away from even practicing. I don't think he even got in a full practice before his foot went. No rookie camp, no mini camp, nothing. There is no way the guy can come in and have a major impact right out of the gate. Maybe he can come in and play nickel in 6-8 weeks, but he's not replacing a starter this year.

The Prince returned to practice a few days ago and they hope to have him on the field after the Bye...........he said his foot is fine........just a bit sore after practice