SportsWrath

I'm going to drink

Virginia Giant

Dude, read what VG just wrote. It's ridiculous to even consider calling a pass on 1st and goal when you need to run clock. By run clock I mean, gain yards, too, of course. I have faith in Bradshaw getting us inside the 5 on his first touch. Right there you can waste 30-35 seconds.

3 yards a carry gets you into the end zone on 3 carries, anyway.

Again, you're talking about running time off the clock, and you have no way of knowing if you're going to score.

You have a line that proved all day that they couldn't make a hole with a back-hoe, and everyone in the stadium knowing that if it's a run, it'll be Bradshaw. You're lucky if you get positive yardage at all.

Meanwhile, you have Eli having a good game, all things considered, and multiple receivers getting it done. You score, and you expect your defense to hold against Whitehurst. For less than a damn minute.

Bitch about where the pass was thrown, not that it was a pass.

Again, you're talking about running time off the clock, and you have no way of knowing if you're going to score.

You have a line that proved all day that they couldn't make a hole with a back-hoe, and everyone in the stadium knowing that if it's a run, it'll be Bradshaw. You're lucky if you get positive yardage at all.

Meanwhile, you have Eli having a good game, all things considered, and multiple receivers getting it done. You score, and you expect your defense to hold against Whitehurst. For less than a damn minute.

Bitch about where the pass was thrown, not that it was a pass.

You have 4 downs to score. And you aren't going to score throwing a 2 yard out to Victor Cruz at the 7.

The ball wasn't behind him at all it was actually out in front of him leading to the end zone...it was a little too out in front because the timing was thrown off because Cruz slipped...not really anyone to blame on that play imo just unfortunate that Cruz wasn't able to make the play.

Link

-Z

It bothers me that a few weeks ago, Victor Cruz wasn't even on the field and now, he's becoming the go to man. He's not half the receiver Nicks is and he's not better than Manningham. He played well, but he's gotten awfully lucky at times. The offensive plan down the stretch totally lost focus.

It's silly 100% of the time to assume that something that hasn't worked all day is going to suddenly work when everyone in the world expects it.

Really? Because Seattle was definitely playing the pass.

I said having a good game, all things considered. Up until that point 300+ yds, 3 tds, 1 int.

He was making poor decisions with the ball ALL game. The Victor Cruz TD was all Victor CRuz. It should have been Mannings 4th pick. And he failed to sense any pressure when he probably should have on the fumble.

Manning had a game we would all hate on Romo for having.

"Pretty" stats, but absolutely no substance to that start by Manning. Not even close to having a pretty good game.

I think you're hating on Manning way too much, he had an excellent game. Made bad decisions on the Cruz TD and the Nicks INT. That's it. The other Cruz pick and the interception on the final drive were respectively, not his fault, and irrelevant.

He was accurate, moved well in the pocket, stepped up into throws, avoided pressure, threw some balls away when necessary. Manning had a great game.

-Z

I think you're hating on Manning way too much, he had an excellent game. Made bad decisions on the Cruz TD and the Nicks INT. That's it. The other Cruz pick and the interception on the final drive were respectively, not his fault, and irrelevant.

He was accurate, moved well in the pocket, stepped up into throws, avoided pressure, threw some balls away when necessary. Manning had a great game.

-Z

I think "great" is a bit heavy. He was fine, but he also clearly overthrew Manningham when he had gotten behind the Hawks defence and was wide open. Plus he was staring Nicks on that INT, it's something he can't seem to stop doing.

I think "great" is a bit heavy. He was fine, but he also clearly overthrew Manningham when he had gotten behind the Hawks defence and was wide open. Plus he was staring Nicks on that INT, it's something he can't seem to stop doing.

Ok maybe I overdid it in response to Storm bashing him. But bottom line is if the Eli of today would show up every Sunday, let's just say the dog wouldn't have what to post about.

-Z

Ok maybe I overdid it in response to Storm bashing him. But bottom line is if the Eli of today would show up every Sunday, let's just say the dog wouldn't have what to post about.

-Z

No, I think Eli's had a much better start to the season this year than last. But that won't stop Dog.

No, I think Eli's had a much better start to the season this year than last. But that won't stop Dog.

Oh almost nothing will stop the dog at this point after years of inconsistency by Eli. My point was more that if the Eli of today was what Eli would have been bringing to the table every Sunday all these years, the dog would never have gotten on his case to begin with.

-Z

This is absurd. Are you going to tell me Bradshaw had a better game? Or Ware? Manning was the better bet.

No. That's what I AM telling you, 1st and goal from the 9, Bradshaw is the better option. 2nd and goal from the 9, sure, let Manning go at it, BUT THROW IT TO THE END ZONE.

-Z

What are you talking about? Manning, despite what you say, turned the ball over 4 times, and it should have really been 5. If he showed up every Sunday like that, we'd lose EVERY game and dog would be here the second every Giant s game.

What are you talking about? Manning, despite what you say, turned the ball over 4 times. If he showed up every Sunday like that, we'd lose EVERY game and dog would be here the second every Giant s game.

There's no such thing as a bottom line stat....even you must admit saying "Eli turned the ball over four times", while statistically true, is a GROSS misrepresentation of his performance. It just is.

-Z

There's no such thing as a bottom line stat....even you must admit saying "Eli turned the ball over four times", while statistically true, is a GROSS misrepresentation of his performance. It just is.

-Z

How? Because he got lucky and hit on a 60+ yard TD pass? Please dude. "Bottom line stats" work both ways. A very Romo-esque game from Manning.