SportsWrath

I'm going to drink

Virginia Giant

How? Because he got lucky and hit on a 60+ yard TD pass? Please dude. "Bottom line stats" work both ways. A very Romo-esque game from Manning.

I'm fine with taking away that TD in the genuine analysis of his play. In my post I said that was one of his bad decisions.

How in the world was this performance Romo-esque? He didn't choke nor was it his fault we lost. In fact, his passing attack was one of the only bright spots the entire game and he was this close to leading us to another comeback win. Victor Cruz doesn't lose his footing and we very likely put that ball in the endzone in a play or two.

My post praising Manning's play didn't mention his stats at all. It was about his actual QB performance, which was perfectly fine.

-Z

I'm fine with taking away that TD in the genuine analysis of his play. In my post I said that was one of his bad decisions.

How in the world was this performance Romo-esque? He didn't choke nor was it his fault we lost. In fact, his passing attack was one of the only bright spots the entire game and he was this close to leading us to another comeback win. Victor Cruz doesn't lose his footing and we very likely put that ball in the endzone in a play or two.

My post praising Manning's play didn't mention his stats at all. It mentioned his actual QB performance, which was perfectly fine.

-Z

I'm done with this, if you don't see how 4 turnovers by your quarter back is poor QB play, me explaining it to you isn't helping.

if we are talking about the game i watched, eli was great in the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st Q

the last 2 minutes of the 2nd Q

and the last 2 minutes of the final Q

other than that, he held the ball too long, was inaccurate and couldn't get the offense untracked.

I'm done with this, if you don't see how 4 turnovers by your quarter back is poor QB play, me explaining it to you isn't helping.

You're really not being logical...when his stat sheet says 3 TD's you're quick to point out how one was a bad decision....but you refuse to acknowledge that it works the other way as well...for God sake one of the turnovers was in garbage time...if that's not being disingenuous with stats I don't know what is...Just because the stat sheet says 4 turnovers really doesn't tell the story...

Pretend you're the coach...do you think Coughlin is on Manning after the game for the Cruz INT or his INT in garbage time???

-Z

if we are talking about the game i watched, eli was great in the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st Q

the last 2 minutes of the 2nd Q

and the last 2 minutes of the final Q

other than that, he held the ball too long, was inaccurate and couldn't get the offense untracked.

:WS:

You're really not being logical...when his stat sheet says 3 TD's you're quick to point out how one was a bad decision....but you refuse to acknowledge that it works the other way as well...for God sake one of the turnovers was in garbage time...if that's not being disingenuous with stats I don't know what is...Just because the stat sheet says 4 turnovers really doesn't tell the story...

Pretend you're the coach...do you think Coughlin is on Manning after the game for the Cruz INT or his INT in garbage time???

-Z

Ok, so one fumble in OUR red zone. One ill advised interception on our side of the field. And one ill advised interception in THEIR red zone.

Yes, he played consistent, got the offense in a rhythm all game, he was accurate with the ball, and when it mattered most he protected the ball. :rolleyes:

This is completely stupid, bro, just so you know. You're normally a really intelligent Giants poster.

Ok, so one fumble in OUR red zone. One ill advised interception on our side of the field. And one ill advised interception in THEIR red zone.

Yes, he played consistent, got the offense in a rhythm all game, he was accurate with the ball, and when it mattered most he protected the ball. :rolleyes:

This is completely stupid, bro, just so you know. You're normally a really intelligent Giants poster.

I appreciate the compliment...and I respect you too...I think there's just a combination of factors that are making me view his performance different than you.

- In general, when QB's get stripped I don't usually view it as the QB turning the ball over. I view it more like the pass protection turned the ball over/the defense made a nice play. That's just my own personal thing. I know I feel that way when Osi or someone on our team strips an opposing QB...I don't think wow that guy sucks I think nice play Osi with the strip. Obviously there are plays that are the QB's fault, but many time's it's not. QB's a position where you're expected to stand in there in pressure, keep your eyes downfield, and make a throw, and you need to rely heavily on the guys around you keeping you safe. Again obviously there are times when the QB doesn't handle his pocket positioning right, but on a whole I tend not to view QB's getting stripped as their own personal turnover.

That being said, heading into the Cruz INT, realize that to me, at that point Manning had turned the ball over once. Obviously you can argue with this but I personally didn't view the Cruz INT as being Manning's fault or a bad throw or decision, and the garbage time INT (there were 26 seconds left), for sure didn't register to me in rating his performance.

Hence I was taken aback when his game as a whole was getting the "4 turnovers" label.

-Z

It is my wife's fault.... when she does dishes the Giants always kick ass... like the end of the half... BUT at the end of the game she would no wash anything.... and you all saw what happened.....

Divorce?

A real fan would. :thumbs:

I appreciate the compliment...and I respect you too...I think there's just a combination of factors that are making me view his performance different than you.

- In general, when QB's get stripped I don't usually view it as the QB turning the ball over. I view it more like the pass protection turned the ball over/the defense made a nice play. That's just my own personal thing. I know I feel that way when Osi or someone on our team strips an opposing QB...I don't think wow that guy sucks I think nice play Osi with the strip. Obviously there are plays that are the QB's fault, but many time's it's not. QB's a position where you're expected to stand in there in pressure, keep your eyes downfield, and make a throw, and you need to rely heavily on the guys around you keeping you safe. Again obviously there are times when the QB doesn't handle his pocket positioning right, but on a whole I tend not to view QB's getting stripped as their own personal turnover.

That being said, heading into the Cruz INT, realize that to me, at that point Manning had turned the ball over once. Obviously you can argue with this but I personally didn't view the Cruz INT as being Manning's fault or a bad throw or decision, and the garbage time INT (there were 26 seconds left), for sure didn't register to me in rating his performance.

Hence I was taken aback when his game as a whole was getting the "4 turnovers" label.

-Z

Normally, I would agree, but I was shocked Eli didn't sense the pressure on that one. He could have stepped up and been fine, IMO.

And still, 3 turnovers is 3 to many, in my book. Especially since the Nicks pick and the Cruz pick, IMO, were forced, inaccurate throws....if he hits Cruz on the numbers we probably aren't having this discussion.....

Normally, I would agree, but I was shocked Eli didn't sense the pressure on that one. He could have stepped up and been fine, IMO.

And still, 3 turnovers is 3 to many, in my book. Especially since the Nicks pick and the Cruz pick, IMO, were forced, inaccurate throws....if he hits Cruz on the numbers we probably aren't having this discussion.....

I hear...the Nicks throw was terrible....the Cruz throw I wanna see a better angle on.....on sacks and fumbles game rewind usually has the "coaches cam" where you can see the whole field...I wanna see where Eli was in his decision making/motion as Cruz was recovering from his slip...

-Z

I hear...the Nicks throw was terrible....the Cruz throw I wanna see a better angle on.....on sacks and fumbles game rewind usually has the "coaches cam" where you can see the whole field...I wanna see where Eli was in his decision making/motion as Cruz was recovering from his slip...

-Z

He threw it before he made his break. Ya know, timing...then he slipped...completely catchable ball.

-Z

Well, Cruz only got one hand on it, but did slip....I'll give that one 50-50 on Manning and Cruz.

He threw it before he made his break. Ya know, timing...then he slipped...completely catchable ball.

From watching the game broadcast I'm with you...I thought Manning threw the ball to the right spot had Cruz not slipped...and I thought Cruz made a good effort to get a hand on it but that it wasn't one of those balls that he "should've caught". I wanna see another angle.

It's ironic that if Cruz doesn't make the effort to catch that ball it most probably falls incomplete.

-Z

Ok look, let's settle this... the Cruz, back-breaking INT was a fluke play. You can't criticize Cruz for trying to bring it in, he's trying to make a play and it's understandable. You can't fault Manning on the pass because had Cruz not slipped, that ball is a perfect throw. I watched it a couple of times and it was a timing play, Eli was already in his throwing motion as Cruz turned to make the break inside. And it's not an INT unless Cruz tips it up, and another Seahawks DB tips it. It's just a fluke play. If anything, Cruz needs better spikes so he doesn't slip, blame it on that.

The last INT was irrelevant. The game was over when Browner took it back for 6. You have Boothe snapping the ball at Eli's feet earlier, and a fumble by Cruz earlier.

One of the worst passes of the game for Manning was the TD pass to Cruz. The INT by Earl Thomas was equally bad. But other than those two throws, I thought Eli played well. But we are making mistakes up front that is costing this team dearly. Bad snaps, missed blocks, and penalties, these are the reasons the offense is not as good as it should.

We get a TD right before half time, and you had to believe that the Giants were going to take that initial possession in the third quarter and drive down the field with the go ahead score and not look back. Instead, the very first play from scrimmage they get a holding call on Beatty making it first and 20. They run the ball up the middle on the next play :facepalm: for no gain, then Eli is sacked for -6... and even though he hits Manningham on a 3rd down completion for 15 yards, we are punting it back to the Seahawks deep in our own territory. It was complete bullshit to come out of the locker room and put that kind of series together on your first possession, when you have all the momentum in the game.

It also made me sick that the Seahawks took the first possession of the game 80 yards, methodically, on our defense for a TD... the entire game plan was shit.

Ok look, let's settle this... the Cruz, back-breaking INT was a fluke play. You can't criticize Cruz for trying to bring it in, he's trying to make a play and it's understandable. You can't fault Manning on the pass because had Cruz not slipped, that ball is a perfect throw. I watched it a couple of times and it was a timing play, Eli was already in his throwing motion as Cruz turned to make the break inside. And it's not an INT unless Cruz tips it up, and another Seahawks DB tips it. It's just a fluke play. If anything, Cruz needs better spikes so he doesn't slip, blame it on that.

The last INT was irrelevant. The game was over when Browner took it back for 6. You have Boothe snapping the ball at Eli's feet earlier, and a fumble by Cruz earlier.

One of the worst passes of the game for Manning was the TD pass to Cruz. The INT by Earl Thomas was equally bad. But other than those two throws, I thought Eli played well. But we are making mistakes up front that is costing this team dearly. Bad snaps, missed blocks, and penalties, these are the reasons the offense is not as good as it should.

Jim I kept trying to say exactly this

Good post :clap:

-Z

I thought he threw the ball well after Cruz slipped, and he should have adjusted for it. I couldn't rewatch it though as I was streaming the game.