SportsWrath

Superstar Sage

Mr. P

Weird that he can go from IR on our team to the active roster of the Dolphins.

And we had to give him an injury settlement. Ridiculous.

Why didn't we instead of IR him, keep him on the roster, and TRADE him to the Dolphins?

Why didn't we instead of IR him, keep him on the roster, and TRADE him to the Dolphins?

Once he's placed on IR I don't think he can go back to the active roster or practice squad for the rest of the season.

Once he's placed on IR I don't think he can go back to the active roster or practice squad for the rest of the season.

That's why I said instead of IRing him....

Wasn't like we needed Brian Williams....there's your roster space....

Cause I highly doubt the Dolphins would of traded for Sage.

It's not like they were sitting there going "If only the Giants would let go/trade Sage we would go undefeated, quick call up the GM and demand a trade now!"

The fact that Henne was put on IR today, means that Sage is just a knee jerk reaction looking for another QB.

Cause I highly doubt the Dolphins would of traded for Sage.

It's not like they were sitting there going "If only the Giants would let go/trade Sage we would go undefeated, quick call up the GM and demand a trade now!"

The fact that Henne was put on IR today, means that Sage is just a knee jerk reaction looking for another QB.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, if he was on our team, they couldn't knee jerk reaction pick him up, could they?

Who else is out there that is better than Rosenfels?

That's exactly what I'm talking about, if he was on our team, they couldn't knee jerk reaction pick him up, could they?

Who else is out there that is better than Rosenfels?

So what you are saying then we should of kept him on the team for no reason other then to waste a roster spot?

Or the Giants should of had some sort of crystal ball that would let them know that today Chad Henne would be put on IR and that for some insane reason they would be able to trade Sage to the 'Phins?

So what you are saying then we should of kept him on the team for no reason other then to waste a roster spot?

I already gave you someone who wasted a roster spot way more so than Rosenfels. Teams keep a good backup quarterback on the roster all the time to trade away. We had two QBs that could probably start for the Dolphins right now.

And I don't think Garrard is better than Rosenfels.

I already gave you someone who wasted a roster spot way more so than Rosenfels. Teams keep a good backup quarterback on the roster all the time to trade away. We had two QBs that could probably start for the Dolphins right now.

And I don't think Garrard is better than Rosenfels.

Really? When we the last time a back up QB was traded during the season to start for a team?

Really? When we the last time a back up QB was traded during the season to start for a team?

Ok, I didn't say that, and I get what you're saying, but we were talking about the possibility of getting something for Sage before we inexplicably IRed him for a sore throat. Now it's just a complete waste that we actually traded for this dude.

Ok, I didn't say that, and I get what you're saying, but we were talking about the possibility of getting something for Sage before we inexplicably IRed him for a sore throat. Now it's just a complete waste that we actually traded for this dude.

Honestly it's Week 5 of the season, no backup QB has been traded for anything big unless he is one hell of a QB or maybe just a disgruntled starting QB wanting off a team.

We IRed Sage because we have a much bigger need then a back up QB I'm sure the Giants tried to shop Sage around but seriously at this point in time, what team needs Sage as a QB? The Dolphins are 0-4, they arnt making the playoffs, why trade for someone who might make your team 3-13 by season end?

And I wouldnt call it a waste, we needed a legit back up if Eli went down last season who did we have behind Eli? Wasnt it Peytons old backup?

It wasn't a complete waste. He was traded to provide insurance for Eli Manning LAST YEAR, after Sorgi went down.

Assuming we didn't IR him, there would be no guarantee another team would trade for Sage. Not even the Dolphins, in their current position. They may have just signed someone off the street (like Garrard) rather than part with a draft pick (even a mid-rounder) for Sage. For me, I don't understand why they didn't just release him after the preseason, if they knew they'd be rolling with Carr as the backup for this year. To me, that would've made more sense.

Honestly it's Week 5 of the season, no backup QB has been traded for anything big unless he is one hell of a QB or maybe just a disgruntled starting QB wanting off a team.

We IRed Sage because we have a much bigger need then a back up QB I'm sure the Giants tried to shop Sage around but seriously at this point in time, what team needs Sage as a QB? The Dolphins are 0-4, they arnt making the playoffs, why trade for someone who might make your team 3-13 by season end?

And I wouldnt call it a waste, we needed a legit back up if Eli went down last season who did we have behind Eli? Wasnt it Peytons old backup?

Ya I think Sorgi was on the team the year before we picked up Sage.

I believe this came down to a deal. Sage went to the team and asked to be released so he could get picked up. Dolphins weren't going to trade for him. We might have gotten some good will out of it.

:mellow:

interesting point. Dude was going to make almost 2 million dollars this year. We don't know what he too for his injury settlement. The Giants might have been able to save themselves a million by agreeing to release him