SportsWrath

Giants sign WR Michael Clayton

osi724dasack

When the Giants cut Michael Clayton when the roster was trimmed to 53, coach Tom Coughlin was sorry to see the veteran leave. He called him a "consummate" professional, and claimed it was "difficult" not seeing him on the roster.

Coughlin must be happy today. The Giants re-signed Clayton, a seven-year veteran wide receiver who spent six games with the team last season. Clayton also spent training camp and the preseason with the Giants.

The team placed Domenik Hixon on injured reserve after Hixon suffered a torn ACL.

Clayton, 28, is certainly not a speedy receiver. But he's a physical presence who contributes on special team and in the locker room. His best season came as a rookie in 2006, when Clayton caught 80 passes for 1,193 yards and seven touchdowns with the Buccaneers.

He was present for many of Eli Manning's offseason workouts during the lockout. And Clayton always demonstrated an attitude that Coughlin wants young players to emulate.

"If the young players could watch how that guy goes about his business, he is very intense and serious," Coughlin said. "Kind of fun to watch someone play like that because he really plays hard."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/09/giants_sign_wr_michael_clayton.html

I should say if that fails and we are still contending, otherwise it's a lost cause and we should just throw Jj, Cruz and Thomas out there to see what we got.

Barden is a factor as well, people may end up eating there words when Barden comes back and plays well.

I should say if that fails and we are still contending, otherwise it's a lost cause and we should just throw Jj, Cruz and Thomas out there to see what we got.

Barden is a factor as well, people may end up eating there words when Barden comes back and plays well.

This is the image that come to mind when reading your words...

WhenPigsFly.jpg

bro.. i really really hope you're right... but everytime i see him play a game, dude brakes something and out for another year...

Year one he didnt play or suit up because

He was raw and couldn't play specials, he couldnt move up becuase of this.

Year two: he plays, he flashes great ability on the field against dallas and goes Down with his first season ending

injury.

Year 3 2011: on PUP and should get his chance to contribute to this team and show giant fans what's up. I hope at least but I'm confident in his abilitys and same with Becky, I expect big things from him and her this year.