SportsWrath

How About a Little Love for Ballard

BleedinBlue

I have to admit, Ballard looked surprisingly good today, all things considered.

He and JPP may have been the only two bright spots.

And Tynes!!!

....oops, sorry.

Seriously, Ballard was clutch. Reese will have to find a way to lose this kid.

I have to admit, Ballard looked surprisingly good today, all things considered.

He and JPP may have been the only two bright spots.

I thought he looked good as well. He's like a runaway steamroller when he's going out for a pass.......but he catches the ball.

JPP looks like he's going to be a monster for us in the future. Linval Joseph looked good as well. Baas held his own. Beatty looked good, but tired by the 4th quarter. Nicks and Manningham looked good when the throws were on. We have a good looking running game with the two-headed monster and that was a hell of a block by Jacobs on that one play. Hynoski had moments. I even thought Tolly looked pretty good at times. For the life of me though, I can't remember hearing Kiwi's name all day and I know he was out there.

Regardless, there were a few bright spots, but I was most pleased to see Ballard step up as I've been kind of pimping him on this board and I didn't want to look like a fool if he looked like crap.

OK. Listen up.

Ballard had a couple nice catches and a few nice gains. But it's CLEAR that part of the reason this team is struggling is because (like we all imagined/predicted) we have no one to go over the middle and reliably catch a pass. I thought Hixon was that guy but he literally did zero all game. Ballard had some nice catches but it's clear that he isn't going to even draw a look away from Nicks from teams.

We are muy mal.

OK. Listen up.

Ballard had a couple nice catches and a few nice gains. But it's CLEAR that part of the reason this team is struggling is because (like we all imagined/predicted) we have no one to go over the middle and reliably catch a pass. I thought Hixon was that guy but he literally did zero all game. Ballard had some nice catches but it's clear that he isn't going to even draw a look away from Nicks from teams.

We are muy mal.

Why is Victor Cruz in the game BEFORE Hixon. What the FUCK has Cruz done in a game that counts that warrants such heavy playing time. Atleast Hixon has started and knows our system and isn't likely to drop the ball WHEN ITS THROWN RIGHT IN HIS FUCKING STOMACH.

Why is Victor Cruz in the game BEFORE Hixon. What the FUCK has Cruz done in a game that counts that warrants such heavy playing time. Atleast Hixon has started and knows our system and isn't likely to drop the ball WHEN ITS THROWN RIGHT IN HIS FUCKING STOMACH.

Great point, Golfy. Where the fuck was Hixon even at? It's inexcusable to have a preseason star on the field before a legitimate, experienced #3.

In retrospect, I'm off base here, because I don't even remember Hixon getting a legitimate opportunity to make a play. It wasn't Hixon's fault. It was whoever decided not to have him on the field with the starting offense as the #3....

Rolle lead the team in tackles today. It was a stupid hit which deserved a penalty but he had a strong game against the run.

Personally, I think he's a complete liability in the pass game, though. I have an unsubstantiated as of yet fear that he is one-dimensional, I guess......

Kenny Phillips, however, showed that he has come back 100% from injury, at least in my opinion. KP is a guy where even if the guy makes a great reception, he's going to pay for it. The Giants haven't had a safety like that....since....well, arguably since Shaun Williams first couple years in the league. Gibril was never a dominating force back there. Gibril was a run stuffing, finesse coverage type guy. KP is the real deal in both the running game and passing game, in the mold of Troy Polamalu (not to sound completely like Jack Stroud....)

Personally, I think he's a complete liability in the pass game, though. I have an unsubstantiated as of yet fear that he is one-dimensional, I guess......

Kenny Phillips, however, showed that he has come back 100% from injury, at least in my opinion. KP is a guy where even if the guy makes a great reception, he's going to pay for it. The Giants haven't had a safety like that....since....well, arguably since Shaun Williams first couple years in the league. Gibril was never a dominating force back there. Gibril was a run stuffing, finesse coverage type guy. KP is the real deal in both the running game and passing game, in the mold of Troy Polamalu (not to sound completely like Jack Stroud....)

No argument there. Armstrong is sure as hell gonna remember Phillips now he has his helmet permanently embossed on his back.

I guess I wasn't the only one. I thought Hixon was out or something until he was put in for returns. Also with having a decent WR unit would it kill Gilbride to use 4 or 5 wide out sets once or twice a game?