SportsWrath

Special Teams looked good tonight.

NeMesiS

I thight the special teams looked good tonight. good kickoff coverage, no miss field goal, good return... Though, Punt return needs improvements.

That Jergens fellow needs to stop trying to sit back and let a hole open up and just get the ball and start moving forward. This ain't the NCAA anymore son you can't expect to outrun and find a corner in the NFL holes in coverage come as you're moving forward and you need to be able to spot them and adjust on the fly.

Devin Thomas was awesome in the return game last night. And he did a good job receiving, as well. Everything he has done, he's done it well. I don't know how much more TC needs to see, our answer to kickoff returns is right there.

yes. they blocked well for him too so it wasn't a fluke.

Both Jones and Herzlich played great in coverage as well.

yes. they blocked well for him too so it wasn't a fluke.

Both Jones and Herzlich played great in coverage as well.

Really nice blocking, something totally absent last season.

Both Jones and Herzlich won their roster spots last night.

That Jergens fellow needs to stop trying to sit back and let a hole open up and just get the ball and start moving forward. This ain't the NCAA anymore son you can't expect to outrun and find a corner in the NFL holes in coverage come as you're moving forward and you need to be able to spot them and adjust on the fly.

This^^^

That first punt return really got on my nerves, there was a lot of space between him and the defender when he caught the ball and he wasted it all just shaking in place....not gonna work in the NFL....he needs to get the ball and start moving right away. I'm sure the coaches have told him this.

-Z