SportsWrath

BBI presented Rich Seubert with

Allstarjim

The Giant of the Year trophy. I know, I know, it's that "other site". But I thought that Rich was the perfect choice. Rich has been such a big part of the team, and he had a great season last year. You really can't say enough good things about him, such a class act and set a standard of excellence for the position. Here's what I wrote about him over at BBI:

For so long, I think Rich was truly underrated... I remember for years people calling for someone to take his job, usually it was calls for Diehl to move inside. But every year Rich would come out and just grind, and nobody could remove his grip on that job. We had many great seasons running the ball with him and protection-wise. Rich was a big part of that. I think he was the kind of guy you hated to have to play against. He was just tenacious and he BROUGHT IT every time. You never had to worry if Rich knew what to do, or if Rich was going to give you everything he had on a given day. It's just what Rich did. And that's why he's an all-time great... he didn't get the credit over the years, but in retrospect, he put up a hell of a body of work, and came back from one of the more gruesome leg injuries I've seen, and came back to play like an All-Pro. This guy is the definition of words like, unrelenting, tenacious, resolute, stalwart, stout, and tough.

Whatever happens from here, Rich's legacy as a Giant is as solid as a rock, just like Rich was at left guard for so many years.

This is what saddens me about the NFL now a days, the lack of any sort of loyalty.

You rarely see a player spend his entire career with the team that drafted him unless he is pro-bowler or a perennial HoFer. I know it's a two way street that players leave teams all the time for big deals, looking for the money but at the same time you see it alot of times when teams let players go mainly because it's a good "business choice"

Would of loved to Seubert retire in Blue, same with O'hara.

This is what saddens me about the NFL now a days, the lack of any sort of loyalty.

You rarely see a player spend his entire career with the team that drafted him unless he is pro-bowler or a perennial HoFer. I know it's a two way street that players leave teams all the time for big deals, looking for the money but at the same time you see it alot of times whenteams let players go mainly because it's a good "business choice"

Would of loved to Seubert retire in Blue, same with

Better to rid of them a year early then a year to late. Seuberts knee is blown out and that's good especially since he's on the wrong side of 30 Nd a

300+ pound man who never was a spectacular athlete now has a terrible knee. richie was a great Giant and had a long tenure here in Blue and will be missed same with Ohara

The only man lost this offseason that means anything for this year is Coefield, and maybe Boss too but Coefield was a beast for us last year.

wait, there is some sort of animosity towards bbi?

I honest to god don't know what BBI is... call me a homer but I think Sportswrath needs a coming out party..I pmed Nem early this morning asking him about the exact date Sportswrath was established.. I might have a few ideas.

wait, there is some sort of animosity towards bbi?

Not for me, but I know some of our posters don't like the community over there, because a lot of times in their forums their Giants' talk turns into name calling and flame wars.

Not for me, but I know some of our posters don't like the community over there, because a lot of times in their forums their Giants' talk turns into name calling and flame wars.

Yea I stopped posting there cuz they banned me twice for some stupid reasons. but I still read there forum daily since it is great for giants info and opinions.