SportsWrath

Seems Smith, Tuck and Osi have been txt the Empty Trophy

JackStroud

the dog is wondering how you define him "fucking up"? with an untested bum knee, he signed a one year deal to make 2-4 million. sounds like he made himself the best deal he could temporarily. if he plays and is effective, he gets a huge payday with whatever team wants to pay him next year. if his knee is bum and he can't play, he got himself 2 million...the giants didn't want to gamble, so he did what he had to. the dog is pretty sure he will be just as happy being paid in that uniform as he would have been anywhere else...

and not sure why people think the eagles will rush him back...they may be looking at him the same way the giants were - ride it out until midyear and let him have an impact down the stretch and into the postseason.

He fucked up because there was a HUGE offer (making him one of the top 5 highest paid WRs in the league) on the table BEFORE his injury from the Giants. He turned it down hoping to get a bigger offer elsewhere. He then got injured and no one wants to pay him top money. His time with the egirls isnt even guaranteed after this yr. And he got 2 MILLION??? Thats nothing compared to what he could have had.

He fucked up because there was a HUGE offer (making him one of the top 5 highest paid WRs in the league) on the table BEFORE his injury from the Giants. He turned it down hoping to get a bigger offer elsewhere. He then got injured and no one wants to pay him top money. His time with the egirls isnt even guaranteed after this yr. And he got 2 MILLION??? Thats nothing compared to what he could have had.

not so much that he f'd up then, just had bad luck with the injury. if it is true what mara said, then the dog assumes two things - smith thought some team would overpay for him (and probably would have) at that time, so he wanted to play the market and why wouldn't he...two, he had no great desire to play for the giants anymore. so goes...

not so much that he f'd up then, just had bad luck with the injury. if it is true what mara said, then the dog assumes two things - smith thought some team would overpay for him (and probably would have) at that time, so he wanted to play the market and why wouldn't he...two, he had no great desire to play for the giants anymore. so goes...

How would he have no desire to play for the Giants anymore? He won a SB here in his rookie yr. He was loved by the fans and the organization. He was going to be a top 5 paid WR when in actuality, he's not top 5. He got greedy and it backfired on him.

You know.. having loyalty to a team that drafted you.. a team like the Giants that's regarded as one of the best organizations in the NFL.. having loyalty means something... in that sense alone.. he fucked up.. and fucked himself up in the process. He went to an Eagles team that will be in cap hell next season.. he's not ready to play.. even if he feels he is.. but oh well. I like our chances against anyone.

You know.. having loyalty to a team that drafted you.. a team like the Giants that's regarded as one of the best organizations in the NFL.. having loyalty means something... in that sense alone.. he fucked up.. and fucked himself up in the process. He went to an Eagles team that will be in cap hell next season.. he's not ready to play.. even if he feels he is.. but oh well. I like our chances against anyone.

You know loyalty had been dead in the NFL for the last 20 years right?

sad story this. John Mara said they had put a huge contract in font of Steve and his agent last year and the agent nixed it just before Steve received what could well have been a career ending catastrophic injury.

Too bad...........that's life.....no one said it was fair but they had their shot and blew it.

Who from Minn took out Steve's knee BTW.....I'd like to know.

Nas, the dog thinks people have to give up this notion of sports loyalty. Most to all of these guys have loyalty to a point, and that point has to do with the highest bidder. They are loyal to the dollar, and quite frankly, who can blame them...

How would he have no desire to play for the Giants anymore? He won a SB here in his rookie yr. He was loved by the fans and the organization. He was going to be a top 5 paid WR when in actuality, he's not top 5. He got greedy and it backfired on him.

The dog thinks you answered your own question...if he is getting an offer to pay him as a top 5 receiver, what reason would he have to go out shopping? The money wouldn't get much more and he knows that, which one can then assume he had no real die hard need to be a giant...

Nas, the dog thinks people have to give up this notion of sports loyalty. Most to all of these guys have loyalty to a point, and that point has to do with the highest bidder. They are loyal to the dollar, and quite frankly, who can blame them...

I understand what you're saying.. and in total agreement. I guess it's the fan in me that's loyal. Steve in that Eagle's uni looks weird.

I understand what you're saying.. and in total agreement. I guess it's the fan in me that's loyal. Steve in that Eagle's uni looks weird.

it's one of the frustrations for fans. the dog would say there are some players who do swear allegiance to the team and may take less to stay with an organization, but it is few and far between. fans take it so hard - the dog always has to laugh when you see a team lose in the playoffs or to a rival, and as they are wrapping up coverage, you see players from the losing team laughing it up with players they know from the winning team on the field. of course the dog thinks they all want to win, but it is almost secondary for a lot of these guys.

The dog thinks you answered your own question...if he is getting an offer to pay him as a top 5 receiver, what reason would he have to go out shopping? The money wouldn't get much more and he knows that, which one can then assume he had no real die hard need to be a giant...

Thats ridiculous.

Deciding to forgo the guarantee and security of a long-term deal in the hopes of finding a few more dollars after the season, then getting injured and ruining your market value is more than just "bad luck".

Deciding to forgo the guarantee and security of a long-term deal in the hopes of finding a few more dollars after the season, then getting injured and ruining your market value is more than just "bad luck".

Also one can argue had he signed the deal, he probably wouldn't have suffered that devastating injury.

ok...so the dog is sure you have another explanation as to why a non-top 5 receiver would decline an offer to be paid as a top 5 receiver?

No I dont. Which is why its ridiculous. Youre comin in here trying to make it seem like its so normal that he would do that, and we just dont get it. Why would he just not wanna be a Giant? Especially after winning a SB and getting offered top money? If he didnt want to after all that, than hes ridiculous.

No I dont. Which is why its ridiculous. Youre comin in here trying to make it seem like its so normal that he would do that, and we just dont get it. Why would he just not wanna be a Giant? Especially after winning a SB and getting offered top money? If he didnt want to after all that, than hes ridiculous.

I bet that by around this time in 2012 Steve Smith has a new agent....

the dog never said it made sense. the dog is just saying if you are offered a lucrative contract that won't be topped (unless the raiders decided to overpay extensively for him, which is always possible), then what other explanation is there? not that he may have been dying to leave NY, but if he loved it so much and was given that offer, then he would sign it...because whatever offer came in from any other team wasn't going to be that much more...

the dog never said it made sense. the dog is just saying if you are offered a lucrative contract that won't be topped (unless the raiders decided to overpay extensively for him, which is always possible), then what other explanation is there? not that he may have been dying to leave NY, but if he loved it so much and was given that offer, then he would sign it...because whatever offer came in from any other team wasn't going to be that much more...

Yeah, I guess that could tell you he didnt want to play in NY. So my thought is, if he did get offerd that contract, won a SB and was loved by fans here.....Steve Smith is the stupidest person on the face of this earth.

Well obviously he and his agent thought otherwise or were hoping for better terms (more guaranteed money).

Well obviously he and his agent thought otherwise or were hoping for better terms (more guaranteed money).

possibly, but when you are offered a contract to make you one of the highest paid receivers in the league, and you are not quite in that category, then something is pushing you away...the dog is just saying, if he loved the giants and was given that offer, he signs. the money and terms would not be much different or better and he and his agent would have known this...