SportsWrath

Mark Herzlich

K3VIN

EDIT [Ah shit......I thought you asked about Hynoski. I get those two names mixed up. I went ahead and answered as if that's who you meant and realized how wrong I was after I alreay posted it.

I haven't heard that much on Herzlick except that he's looked okay in practices and many message boards believe he will make the team.

Regardless.....the stuff below is everything I posted by mistake if you care. :facepalm: ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are all kinds of articles in today's papers praising him and calling him a "cult hero".

From TrueBlue.com:

"—FB Henry Hynoski was the offensive star, and not for a single thing he did touching the ball (although he did have one nice catch that I saw). He was popping pads all over laying down concussive blocks. He seems primed to start 9/11 in Washington."

From Big Blue View:

New York Giants Notes: Henry Hynoski Reaches Cult Hero Status

"It's official -- undrafted free agent fullback Henry Hynoski has reached cult hero status. Following practice via Twitter Monday night (I am back home this week) it seems Hynoski was laying some serious lumber throughout practice. Then there is the nickname fight. First, there is a debate between 'Hynoceros' and 'Hank The Tank,' and there is also a debate over who coined 'Hynoceros' first. You guys have been using it, but I don't think we can claim dibs on it. By the way #Hynoceros has even become a Twitter hashtag."

For and excellent story from InsideFootball.com: Hynoski is football the way it was meant

Hope this helps

Kay was asking about the LB not the FB..

I'm still a nervous wreck because I don't know how the team is gonna jell with all the new pieces.. but I guess that goes for every team

Yeah....I got that and had to edit in my mistake. Had a lithrotripsy treatment today and am still under the influence of the drugs they gave me. Brain isn't functioning well yet.

There are all kinds of articles in today's papers praising him and calling him a "cult hero".

From TrueBlue.com:

"—FB Henry Hynoski was the offensive star, and not for a single thing he did touching the ball (although he did have one nice catch that I saw). He was popping pads all over laying down concussive blocks. He seems primed to start 9/11 in Washington."

From Big Blue View:

New York Giants Notes: Henry Hynoski Reaches Cult Hero Status

"It's official -- undrafted free agent fullback Henry Hynoski has reached cult hero status. Following practice via Twitter Monday night (I am back home this week) it seems Hynoski was laying some serious lumber throughout practice. Then there is the nickname fight. First, there is a debate between 'Hynoceros' and 'Hank The Tank,' and there is also a debate over who coined 'Hynoceros' first. You guys have been using it, but I don't think we can claim dibs on it. By the way #Hynoceros has even become a Twitter hashtag."

For and excellent story from InsideFootball.com: Hynoski is football the way it was meant

Hope this helps

Not that Herzlich...

This Herzlich

I think he's a long shot to make the final 53 man roster. A lot of other forums are penciling him in as making it because he certainly is a sentimental favorite, but I just don't see it. I think he'd have to beat Greg Jones or Jacquian Williams to make the team and both of those guys are faster than him, and probably more athletic. I like him too but I still want the best linebackers to make it. My guess is he starts the year on PS and he has a decent chance to stay on there.

You have Boley, Goff, Sintim, Adrian Tracy, Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones, and Phillip Dillard in the mix. That's not counting Kiwi as a linebacker. That's 7 right there and I think (again not counting Kiwi), the Giants will only carry 6 LBers on the final roster. And even if they carry 7, I don't see Herzlich beating out those names above.

I think he's a long shot to make the final 53 man roster. A lot of other forums are penciling him in as making it because he certainly is a sentimental favorite, but I just don't see it. I think he'd have to beat Greg Jones or Jacquian Williams to make the team and both of those guys are faster than him, and probably more athletic. I like him too but I still want the best linebackers to make it. My guess is he starts the year on PS and he has a decent chance to stay on there.

You have Boley, Goff, Sintim, Adrian Tracy, Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones, and Phillip Dillard in the mix. That's not counting Kiwi as a linebacker. That's 7 right there and I think (again not counting Kiwi), the Giants will only carry 6 LBers on the final roster. And even if they carry 7, I don't see Herzlich beating out those names above.

Yea its pretty crowed group. Guess is only way on would be practice squad and maybe a move up from injury. He did only came back from cancer a year ago. There is no rehab time for that he definitely still need a year or so more to fully recover what he can.

Also any news on Tracy he seemed promising before going in IR last pre seaon?

Dillard has been so quiet in camp in both '10 and '11, I think he's out.

Looks like its the practice squad for Herzlich, hope we can hold him there for a year. Maybe with another year's time he can recover some of his speed, dude was a beast pre-cancer.