SportsWrath

Eagles sign Nnamdi.

BlueInCanada

The last 3 times we played them we've had them beat only to screw it up in some ridiculous way (Eli's lack of ball handling skills or ability to slide correctly, or complete defensive breakdowns). We need to rid ourselves of stupid mistakes and mental breakdowns.

meh. It's been a very long time since their defense beat us--it continues to be their offense that worries me.

I'd just like to thank the Jests for once again making things just a little bit more annoying for Giant fans. Way to nail your big FA pickup, guys!

I'm not saying he has had more success then the Giants, however it doesnt excuse the fact that under Reid the Eagles have easily beaten the Giants and kept us out of the playoffs more then once.

Sure we have one Superbowl win but due to the Eagles we could of had one maybe two more.

meh.

since Reid took over the Eagles are 13 - 11 vs the Giants in the regular season and 2 -1 in post season play.

A slight edge head to head but hardly total domination.

overall during that period, the Giants have 2 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl title. The Eagles have 1 NFC Championship.

From this stand point, we have been marginally more successful over the same period.

I have to agree with HLB, Dub, and Fish.

Yeah, this is a good signing, and the guy can play. But unless I'm wrong, 3 INTS over the past 3 years? I know part of that is people not wanting to throw his way. But the Raiders played in a mediocre division, as Dub mentioned.

And unless Reid can pull some more magic out of his fat ass, Asante Samuel is going to have to go. And frankly, last year, he wasn't a difference maker against the Giants.....(our Lost in Space Defense, stupid special teams, and lack of an interior running game was). So, if Samuel goes, I'd give them a slight upgrade at defense.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Eagles Defensive Coordinator was their offensive line coach last year :blink:

And for all the talking heads on the Eagles dicks, that assumption is based on the Michael Vick that started the season, and not the Vick that finished the season. The Giants (Fewell, actually) figured out that Vick is completely ineffective when he is flushed to his right.....and after that, his production pretty much plummetted when every team copied Fewell's overload strategy.

So, yeah, all said, this was a good signing. As far as I'm concerned, this just makes Plaxico more important to sign....because as much of a head case as he is, when he's at the top of his game, I don't think any CB can shut his tall crazy ass down.

I have to agree with HLB, Dub, and Fish.

Yeah, this is a good signing, and the guy can play. But unless I'm wrong, 3 INTS over the past 3 years?

I know part of that is people not wanting to throw his way. But the Raiders played in a mediocre division, as Dub mentioned.

As far as I'm concerned, this just makes Plaxico more important to sign....because as much of a head case as he is, when he's at the top of his game, I don't think any CB can shut his tall crazy ass down.

I was also reading last night that The Cards now might want Samuel. they were in the back trying to get Asomugha after dealing DRC to Philly.

I would like to see that happen ,we all would like to see that happen I believe.

I was also reading last night that The Cards now might want Samuel. they were in the back trying to get Asomugha after dealing DRC to Philly.

I would like to see that happen ,we all would like to see that happen I believe.

Yeah, and wouldn't be surprised if the Jets and Dallas try to recover some dignity as well, after getting completely pantsed by the Eagles.

As Joe recently alluded to, I think this just reinforces the need to sign Plaxico. I wasn't entirely on board a couple of months back but I've slowly come around and this move by the Eagles seals it. The Giants are going to need as many diverse packages and looks that they can come up with and considering the injuries to Smith and Nicks last season a little depth wouldn't hurt either.

meh. Every year some team is crowned champion during the off season based on 1 or 2 free agent signings.

rarely pans out.

NOT saying they didn't go out and get some players just that adding 1 or 2 guys is no guarantee of taking it to the next level.

They got better at CB at expense of Safety ( Mikell ) and better at end at expense of LBs.( Simms and Bradley )

Keep it in perspective.

Good point, and basically what I was thinking too.

At some point, having a lot of top talent at one position comes up on the wrong side of the law of diminishing returns.

But the Eagles didn't sign Nmandi at the expense of their pass rush. They signed Babin too.

Giants better come ready to run the ball...

You want Bidwell to make another trade with the Eagles? Considering what they gave up for Kolb, they'd probably send over Fitz and a first for Samuels...