SportsWrath

Top Ten worst qbs to win a superbowl

Cowboyz

At THIS point in time.. and over the past decade Which is and has been the better team.. Giants or Cowboys? Seriously Cowboyz, badegg, and Dog?

of those two, giants.

of the nfl, neither of those two.

Watch the games please, explain how Rothlisberger played bad against the cards and the packers that would warrant him being on this list.

You need to pick lists that have some credibility, not cheap lists that contains a certain Giants QB just to try and piss off a board.

first, this list is about superbowl wins, so the rapists loss against the packers isn't part of the topic.

again, he has THE worst performance, in the superbowl, of any qb to win it. that is a qualifier.

his other victory was nearly as unimpressive.

first, this list is about superbowl wins, so the rapists loss against the packers isn't part of the topic.

again, he has THE worst performance, in the superbowl, of any qb to win it. that is a qualifier.

his other victory was nearly as unimpressive.

Oh really?

"Top Ten worst qbs to win a superbowl"

Seems to me that you mislabeled this thread. What you wrote implies that the QBs were the worst QBs to win the Super Bowl---exactly what you said. Not worst Super Bowl performances by a quarterback.

This list is as absurd as it is outdated--I would take any one of these QBs over 75% of the QBs playing in any given season with the possible outlier of Trent Dilfer; and that because his defense was so unusual. That includes Namath, if you are talking about him pre-knee injuries.

21/30 for 256 yards against the cards. Goes 78 yards in the last drive in 2 minutes to win the game. Real shitty performance I guess. :confused:

1 td and 1 int. pedestrian performance by ben, game winning drive or not.

combine that performance with his first sb win and you have the reason he's on this list.

9/23 123 yds 0 tds 2 ints vs seattle=shitty

29/53 for 379yds 1td and 3 picks in sb victories=shitty

true, the author claims consideration for all career stats,but i am not the author.

interesting that elisha did the same thing, yet youre not defending her here.

of those two, giants.

of the nfl, neither of those two.

Then that settles it. Look I know some people like to talk trash.. I'm not one of them (unless I wanna bust your chops)... the truth is the Cowboys were great in the 90s.. n we hated them... and most of America hates them because they were arrogant pricks... Emmit Smith always talked smack everytime he scored... and that's why those very fans are enjoying the train wreck that's been the Cowboys... it's great entertainment... nothing brings a Philly fan and a Giant fan together... nothing.. except a train wreck that Jerry Jones built. And I say that with nothing but love bro :)

Then that settles it. Look I know some people like to talk trash.. I'm not one of them (unless I wanna bust your chops)... the truth is the Cowboys were great in the 90s.. n we hated them... and most of America hates them because they were arrogant pricks... Emmit Smith always talked smack everytime he scored... and that's why those very fans are enjoying the train wreck that's been the Cowboys... it's great entertainment... nothing brings a Philly fan and a Giant fan together... nothing.. except a train wreck that Jerry Jones built. And I say that with nothing but love bro :)

i like this guy.

respect :thumbs:

1 td and 1 int. pedestrian performance by ben, game winning drive or not.

combine that performance with his first sb win and you have the reason he's on this list.

9/23 123 yds 0 tds 2 ints vs seattle=shitty

29/53 for 379yds 1td and 3 picks in sb victories=shitty

true, the author claims consideration for all career stats,but i am not the author.

interesting that elisha did the same thing, yet youre not defending her here.

You post a list and now you won't stand behind it.

ofcourse you would, your qb is already on this list.

Cheap.

Actually, there's TWO Giant's QBs on that list, and both have something no Cowboys QB since Aikman have come close to seeing: a SB win.

Hell, Kerry Collins got further than any Cowboy QB since Aikman--and I wouldn't take him back if it meant I got his paycheck. Well, all right, I'm exaggerating here--I'd take Joe Pisarcik at his current age back if it meant I got his paycheck. Just don't start him, Tom. I know he's a veteran player, but that would be manslaughter...

Take a good look at this list: two of the most dominant teams in the NFL in the 70's--Pittsburgh and Oakland--and BOTH their QBs were "terrible?" Seems to me that they were both able to beat Tarkington, and Bradshaw beat Staubach twice in the big game. You can't claim it was all defense, either--that rematch with Dallas was a shootout, and you don't have Fred Biletnikoff in the HOF without someone throwing to him.

Doug Williams? Would you want to be on Tampa Bay during the 70's? It's a miracle the guy even made it to 1987 starting his career there.

With the exception of Dilfer, since that team was winning games without offensive scoring, every team on that list got to be the only one to hold a Lombardi that season. You simply don't do that without a good offense, and that can't happen with a Steve Pelluer.

i'll start a thread on the romo/elisha debate.

it deserves its own thread i think.

Alex: Better QB, Eli manning or Tony Romo.

Boohyah: Alex, what is "topics that have been beat to death on Sportswrath".?

Cheap.

Actually, there's TWO Giant's QBs on that list, and both have something no Cowboys QB since Aikman have come close to seeing: a SB win.

Hell, Kerry Collins got further than any Cowboy QB since Aikman--and I wouldn't take him back if it meant I got his paycheck. Well, all right, I'm exaggerating here--I'd take Joe Pisarcik at his current age back if it meant I got his paycheck. Just don't start him, Tom. I know he's a veteran player, but that would be manslaughter...

Take a good look at this list: two of the most dominant teams in the NFL in the 70's--Pittsburgh and Oakland--and BOTH their QBs were "terrible?" Seems to me that they were both able to beat Tarkington, and Bradshaw beat Staubach twice in the big game. You can't claim it was all defense, either--that rematch with Dallas was a shootout, and you don't have Fred Biletnikoff in the HOF without someone throwing to him.

Doug Williams? Would you want to be on Tampa Bay during the 70's? It's a miracle the guy even made it to 1987 starting his career there.

With the exception of Dilfer, since that team was winning games without offensive scoring, every team on that list got to be the only one to hold a Lombardi that season. You simply don't do that without a good offense, and that can't happen with a Steve Pelluer.

yea that comment was meant to elicit a laugh.

if you want to discredit the list, why not just point out the fact we're mixing eras of football. it's stupid to compare qbs from a run first era to qb's of the pass first era. just look at complexity of playbooks now vs then. look at the defensive changes qb's today have to account for at the line vs then. look at the pass first then run philosophy so many teams have taken to. there list discreditted in less than 500 words.

you mention dilfer, then claim you can't win with a pelluer. contradiction.

here's to pisarscik's comeback :cheers

Alex: Better QB, Eli manning or Tony Romo.

Boohyah: Alex, what is "topics that have been beat to death on Sportswrath".?

oh come on. that's what everyone said about the 'fluke' and look how popular that thread is.

yea that comment was meant to elicit a laugh.

if you want to discredit the list, why not just point out the fact we're mixing eras of football. it's stupid to compare qbs from a run first era to qb's of the pass first era. just look at complexity of playbooks now vs then. look at the defensive changes qb's today have to account for at the line vs then. look at the pass first then run philosophy so many teams have taken to. there list discreditted in less than 500 words.

you mention dilfer, then claim you can't win with a pelluer. contradiction.

here's to pisarscik's comeback :cheers

I got the joke.

I was hoping you already knew that, sport. :)

Not really a contradiction--how many teams have the defense the 2000 Ravens had?

Pisarcik's welcome to the bench--just make sure they get my name right on the check.