SportsWrath

Will the giants trade up to #1 to draft Anthony Costanzo?

Herc

I doubt they'd have to trade up because there's a lot of cream at the top and OL is not most teams most pressing need. The New York papers are saying the Giants are going to take Mike Pouncey....which I 'd have no problem with. Both are quality players that will bolster the offensive line.

However, nothing surprises me with the Giants and it wouldn't surprise me if they took a DE with the first pick. I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm finally starting to get psyched about the draft. This is the first time it's actually happened on the day of the first round. Usually I'm psyched for weeks before hand. I'm glad if finally hit me.

I think the Giants will get Costanzo, alot of mock drafts have him there when we pick.

I wouldn't mind a Mark Ingram either, with both Bradshaw and Jacobs up for free agency one is going to be let go and I dont want the either being our only back.

Should be interesting to see what the Giants do, by all means alot of OL talent will still be there at 19 but at the same time Mark Ingram will/should be as well.

I think the Giants will get Costanzo, alot of mock drafts have him there when we pick.

I wouldn't mind a Mark Ingram either, with both Bradshaw and Jacobs up for free agency one is going to be let go and I dont want the either being our only back.

Should be interesting to see what the Giants do, by all means alot of OL talent will still be there at 19 but at the same time Mark Ingram will/should be as well.

I'm not sold on Ingram.....I know he's fast and strong, but I'm a believer that the OL makes the running game and a great runner trying to do it all alone will fall on his face without the men to make the hole to run through. There's a lot of good ball runners available, but few future pro-bowl linemen out there.

I will more than likely be happy no matter. Well, as long as we don't blow the first round on a QB or a kicker. I wouldn't be real happy with another DE either, but better than a QB.

I'm not sold on Ingram.....I know he's fast and strong, but I'm a believer that the OL makes the running game and a great runner trying to do it all alone will fall on his face without the men to make the hole to run through. There's a lot of good ball runners available, but few future pro-bowl linemen out there.

I will more than likely be happy no matter. Well, as long as we don't blow the first round on a QB or a kicker. I wouldn't be real happy with another DE either, but better than a QB.

Well Ingram is the only RB with a first round grade on him, but there are alot of first round OL talent who are going to be in the second rounds. This draft is one of the deepest in recent years for OL and DL and I dont think the Giants need to rush to grab a OT when a guy like Ingram can hold down your backfield for years to come.

But either way I wont be disappointed with a OL pick.

Shame that there is fuck all for LBs though, very very weak draft for LBs.

Not a big fan of Anthony Costanzo... He has RT written all over him. Nate Solder looks more of a LT than Costanzo.

The odd thing about offensive linemen in general (IMO anyway) is that it usually takes several years before they are ready to take over the job full time. And it's amazing how many o-linemen became really good who weren't even ranked high on draft day. I think Pouncy is the only one who could be a regular in the lineup within a year. Truth is...I haven't a clue. It must be hard on the GM because they know first round picks are going to make more money than three quarters of the team before they even play their first game. And first round busts are all too common. I remember how badly I wanted OT Robert Gallery (the year Eli went no. 1 and Gallery went no. 2) while everyone else was screaming for Sean Taylor. Gallery is a bust at OT as bad as Dayne was for the Giants. Huge payday for a kid who never amounts to squat.

With that said, I simply hope our first couple of picks become solid NFL players because they are going to rake in a bundle of cash. It's a high stakes crap shoot.

1. Panthers - Cam Newton. Huge Mistake! Should have drafted AJ Green....

2. Broncos - Von Miller. Good Pick...

3. Bills - Marcell Dareus. Good Pic for them.

4. Bengals - AJ Green. This team is rebuilding... Nice start.

1. Panthers - Cam Newton. Huge Mistake! Should have drafted AJ Green....

2. Broncos - Von Miller. Good Pick...

3. Bills - Marcell Dareus. Good Pic for them.

4. Bengals - AJ Green. This team is rebuilding... Nice start.

Completely agree. The Panthers problem on O is WR. Smith can't do everything and with a decent line and RB a WR would have been a much better pick. Then again a D pick would have also been better.

Completely agree. The Panthers problem on O is WR. Smith can't do everything and with a decent line and RB a WR would have been a much better pick. Then again a D pick would have also been better.

Smith is awful now, he lost the one thing that made him good. SPEED. They drafted three WR's last year. Brandon Lafell could be a decent wideout and David Gettis is a younger Smith. I agree though, Newton was bad. He doesn't even fit their offense they should of went with Dareus. I hate that Dareus went to Buffalo, I like him in a "40" front has a 3 tech, better then I like him has a 5. Dareus is now gonna waste away in Buffalo

Smith is awful now, he lost the one thing that made him good. SPEED. They drafted three WR's last year. Brandon Lafell could be a decent wideout and David Gettis is a younger Smith. I agree though, Newton was bad. He doesn't even fit their offense they should of went with Dareus. I hate that Dareus went to Buffalo, I like him in a "40" front has a 3 tech, better then I like him has a 5. Dareus is now gonna waste away in Buffalo

He's actually still a viable #1 WR in the league, he is a straight up football player who knows how to use his size and speed to beat alot of the CBs in the league. He needs another WR to take heat off him and a QB throwing to him, it's basically the same effect as TO back with the Bills. He had no QB throwing to him and not much of a threat across the field.

Newton will bring "flash" to Carolina and help sell tickets for the year, after that who knows. If the kid can learn to actually play the QB position he might end up being something decent, he has the physical attributes anyways. In all likelihood he will just be told to run around and make a nice pass or two while throwing 5/21 and 4 Ints.