SportsWrath

Had a Round Table Discussion With 3 other

Martin

yes ! phil sims didnt have a career stellar completion % either.

expect for the 86 super bowl ! :)

Yeah, and funny how he got a lot of heat early on in his career and look at what happened. Let those annoying FAGS criticize him. They will look even more stupider in the end. They are so annoying. It's like someone using the bathroom for a number 2 and you keep flushing the toilet but some parts of the number 2 just keeps popping back up. They don't quit.

Yeah, and funny how he got a lot of heat early on in his career and look at what happened. Let those annoying FAGS criticize him. They will look even more stupider in the end. They are so annoying. It's like someone using the bathroom for a number 2 and you keep flushing the toilet but some parts of the number 2 just keeps popping back up. They don't quit.

Crude analogy, but true. :LMAO:

Guest Carbo
All agreed that we are excited about Eli Manning!We all agreed that his accuracy must improve but it wont be a problem

as he will continue to get better and with the Giants going after more Defense

this will only make life easier for Eli .

Is the Giants defense going to help Eli to learn how to pass? You know, get his mechanics down so that he can throw a football with a spiral?

No need to be alarmed, yes John Elway and Marino were great improvisors, but Eli does play very well when he maintains proper technique.

He's young and only now can we call him experienced. If he falters, then we'll know soon. if he thrives, then we'll know that he was still green.

I've seen what you all saw and the most important part is still the winning attitude like we saw against Dever. He's a maturing leader who needs to improve.

As for throwing out the baby with the bath water, well, I'll side with Bill Walsh who said, "show me a QB's footwork and I'll tell you whether that team won the game or not!"

Guest Floyd The Barber
No need to be alarmed, yes John Elway and Marino were great improvisors, but Eli does play very well when he maintains proper technique.

He's young and only now can we call him experienced. If he falters, then we'll know soon. if he thrives, then we'll know that he was still green.

I've seen what you all saw and the most important part is still the winning attitude like we saw against Dever. He's a maturing leader who needs to improve.

As for throwing out the baby with the bath water, well, I'll side with Bill Walsh who said, "show me a QB's footwork and I'll tell you whether that team won the game or not!"

best post in a long time...

I think (in the end) we're all in the same boat: high hopes, a reasonable amount of concern, and the desire to erase that last SB from our minds.

Nothing would thrill me more than for my son to grow up with a reliable leader in Eli the way I felt about Phil. Those are big shoes to fill and so I think we'll know all we need to know about Eli by the end of this season.

In the same way I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, I also don't want to hold on as long as we did with Collins and even Dave Brown.

A lot, however, will depend on the run game and the further development of our offensive scheme and receiving core.

Eli will be fine. Accuracy will get better with more experience. He also was starting to notice secondary targets instead of throwing to the target he was intending to throw to before the snap. Eli is a very good QB when it comes to the end of halves. That should tell you a lot. He will keep getting better and better.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Eli will be fine. Accuracy will get better with more experience. He also was starting to notice secondary targets instead of throwing to the target he was intending to throw to before the snap. Eli is a very good QB when it comes to the end of halves. That should tell you a lot. He will keep getting better and better.

the battle-cry of the stupid...

I have to dissagree, he has made several throws where he has been falling backwards or otherwise off balance etc. Yes he threw some bad passes, but I personally think that has more to do with a young QB confused by coverages, inexperience or things along those lines, we've seen him make the tough off balance throws, so to say he can't make them is false.

As for toughness, his first year he got beat around a good bit, especially when he got rocked in the Eagles game. Yet he got better towards the last few starts and even winning the Dallas game in dramatic form. To me, that is toughness.

I don't think he is unwilling to take a hit, more likely trying to deliver the ball before being hit.

He made a ton of bad passes last year, even when he had good protection. When his mechanics aren't picture perfect, he's a horror show. Rewatch the Minnesota game or the Carolina game. Or the 4th quarter of the game at the Linc.

Winning the Dallas game in dramatic fashion? We're he threw for 140 yards and 2 INTs and we won 17-10? Ok.

Watch his body language when he anticipates a hit coming. He's reluctant to stand in there and deliver the ball. Looks like Joey Harrington at times.

very true ....good post

Guest Floyd The Barber
He made a ton of bad passes last year, even when he had good protection. When his mechanics aren't picture perfect, he's a horror show. Rewatch the Minnesota game or the Carolina game. Or the 4th quarter of the game at the Linc.

Winning the Dallas game in dramatic fashion? We're he threw for 140 yards and 2 INTs and we won 17-10? Ok.

Watch his body language when he anticipates a hit coming. He's reluctant to stand in there and deliver the ball. Looks like Joey Harrington at times.

Not an Eli hater, but I'd rather have Ben Roethlisberger and Shawne Merriman

agreed !!!

I don't think he'll falter. I just think his upside is far more limited than people seems to ackowledge. He doesn't have nearly the talent that Marino, Elway, or even Carson Palmer have. I think he'll be a solid pro QB, similar to Trent Green with a longer career as a starter.

Money... he's referring to the Dallas game in the last game of the 04-05 season... at least I hope he is.

Eli can look so damn ugly in the pocker some times and then there are other times where he stands in there and makes some very good throws. The best game I could throw out there is Seattle. He had a very solid game on that part and unfortunately, it appeared his game went down from there.

Eli needs to fix that footwork problem... it's getting me worried. But he sounds confident and optimistic about his future and if he and our organization feel that way, then I do too.

Not an Eli hater, but I'd rather have Ben Roethlisberger and Shawne Merriman

There's a chance we could've had a better record if we drafted Ben because if we did, I have a feeling we wouldn't have gotten rid of Warner as quick. Even if we did, who knows what our record would be, but it's not a given Shawne would fall to our spot.

Something that concerns me about Eli is that he can't deliver the ball without perfect footwork, which is problematic because successful QBs have to make plays when breakdowns occur. He also seems unwilling to stand in the pocket, take a hit, and deliver the ball ... which leads me to question his toughness.

So far, to me, there isn't anything special about him. He's a pretty good pro QB, and he might have Pro Bowl ability. But there's a noticeable gap in natural ability between him and the "special" QBs in football.

All you need is a pretty good pro QB to win a championship. At the price we paid for Eli he should be better than that...But, it is paid in full and we have a full draft coming up.

I'm getting the feeling you're "lower" on Eli than previously.

I don't think he'll falter. I just think his upside is far more limited than people seems to ackowledge. He doesn't have nearly the talent that Marino, Elway, or even Carson Palmer have. I think he'll be a solid pro QB, similar to Trent Green with a longer career as a starter.

I think EA got too happy and he thinks Eli is his next John Elway.

All you need is a pretty good pro QB to win a championship. At the price we paid for Eli he should be better than that...But, it is paid in full and we have a full draft coming up.

Personally, I could care less about MVPs and Pro Bowls and that crap. That's for him, not the franchise and the fans. Sure it's something we could be proud of him for but if he wins Super Bowls, I don't care what we gave up for him.

I've never been particularly high on him. But he's yet to display that he has anymore talent than your typical above average starting QB in the NFL.