SportsWrath

Had a Round Table Discussion With 3 other

Martin

All agreed that we are excited about Eli Manning!

Why there are negative reports about him didnt make sense to us.

We tried coming up with any old giants QB that peformed the way Eli did in his

1st FULL year and couldnt come up with anyone.

WHat excited most is his ability to be very cool with little time left in the game.

We all agreed that his accuracy must improve but it wont be a problem

as he will continue to get better and with the Giants going after more Defense

this will only make life easier for Eli .

DEFENSE is the key now !

We all agreed and left the round table discussion for a beer !

:rock:

Guest nosebleed
All agreed that we are excited about Eli Manning!

Why there are negative reports about him didnt make sense to us.

We tried coming up with any old giants QB that peformed the way Eli did in his

1st FULL year and couldnt come up with anyone.

WHat excited most is his ability to be very cool with little time left in the game.

We all agreed that his accuracy must improve but it wont be a problem

as he will continue to get better and with the Giants going after more Defense

this will only make life easier for Eli .

DEFENSE is the key now !

We all agreed and left the round table discussion for a beer !

:rock:

Good discussion, but tell me why you believe his accuracy will not be a problem to fix???

Completion percentages aren't typically stellar for young starting QB's. I also haven't seen a throw that Eli can't make. That being the case I think improving accuracy is simply a case of getting more experience.

the guy made some incredible passes, the guy also threw some terrible wounded ducks, the facts are that he will get better about reading defenses, thus, more confident in the pocket. I sure like what I see so far. Good luck to you Mr Manning, and GO GIANTS!!!!

Something that concerns me about Eli is that he can't deliver the ball without perfect footwork, which is problematic because successful QBs have to make plays when breakdowns occur. He also seems unwilling to stand in the pocket, take a hit, and deliver the ball ... which leads me to question his toughness.

So far, to me, there isn't anything special about him. He's a pretty good pro QB, and he might have Pro Bowl ability. But there's a noticeable gap in natural ability between him and the "special" QBs in football.

Something that concerns me about Eli is that he can't deliver the ball without perfect footwork, which is problematic because successful QBs have to make plays when breakdowns occur. He also seems unwilling to stand in the pocket, take a hit, and deliver the ball ... which leads me to question his toughness.

So far, to me, there isn't anything special about him. He's a pretty good pro QB, and he might have Pro Bowl ability. But there's a noticeable gap in natural ability between him and the "special" QBs in football.

cant deliver the ball without perfect footwork???? how bout the touchdown pass to toomer to win the game against denver he was backing up and threw 20 yards where only toomer could get it and hit him perfectly in stride.... that was pretty impressive....

a td pass against philly in our second meeting, eli avoided the sack by ducking through it looked up after a pump fake and threw a perfect ball to plaxico for the touchdown........

those are two that jump out on me but when i think of more ill post them... anyone else think of any?

cant deliver the ball without perfect footwork???? how bout the touchdown pass to toomer to win the game against denver he was backing up and threw 20 yards where only toomer could get it and hit him perfectly in stride.... that was pretty impressive....

a td pass against philly in our second meeting, eli avoided the sack by ducking through it looked up after a pump fake and threw a perfect ball to plaxico for the touchdown........

those are two that jump out on me but when i think of more ill post them... anyone else think of any?

And how about the countless ducks and inaccurate passes he threw with no one in his face? The Minnesota game alone...

I have to dissagree, he has made several throws where he has been falling backwards or otherwise off balance etc. Yes he threw some bad passes, but I personally think that has more to do with a young QB confused by coverages, inexperience or things along those lines, we've seen him make the tough off balance throws, so to say he can't make them is false.

As for toughness, his first year he got beat around a good bit, especially when he got rocked in the Eagles game. Yet he got better towards the last few starts and even winning the Dallas game in dramatic form. To me, that is toughness.

I don't think he is unwilling to take a hit, more likely trying to deliver the ball before being hit.

I agree with you footwork assesment, but disagree with your comments about commitment to the pocket. he has stood in there and has taken some hits for it.

Guest Lockhart

This guy "Money" is showing real FAB 4 potential - Eli, like his brother Peyton, has thosse happy feet , and both Mannings seem averse to getting hit and when pressured fall apart. Neither has shown much toughness, and while Peyton shows uncanny accuracy when given time, Eli has not shown accuracy regardless of the time given. The Giants better get a reliable veteran Backup QB.

This guy "Money" is showing real FAB 4 potential - Eli, like his brother Peyton, has thosse happy feet , and both Mannings seem averse to getting hit and when pressured fall apart. Neither has shown much toughness, and while Peyton shows uncanny accuracy when given time, Eli has not shown accuracy regardless of the time given. The Giants better get a reliable veteran Backup QB.

wipe your chin......

you got money's jiz on it...

Guest Nutty Sack

I'm afraid that we as Giant fans better prepare for a major let down as the reality of Eli's inability to perform as a NFL QB becomes the main focus this season.

Guest Nutty Sack
Thanks for the commentary, Chicken Little. The sky IS NOT falling.

Well it's about to..........we need a good veteran backup.

i agree ! people seem to be focused on all his negatives ! not fair at all.

Guest Lockhart
I'm afraid that we as Giant fans better prepare for a major let down as the reality of Eli's inability to perform as a NFL QB becomes the main focus this season.

.......same thing happened to the Lion and Raven fans when they realized their young QB in his 3rd season, just wasn't the answer. Throwing interceptions, making the wrongs reads and occasionally getting overwhelmed are all expected in young QBs, but there is no growing out of a weak arm that is consisitently inaccurate. Steve McNair and Kerry Collins are two veteran Free agents that could fill the Giants starting QB needs.

.......same thing happened to the Lion and Raven fans when they realized their young QB in his 3rd season, just wasn't the answer. Throwing interceptions, making the wrongs reads and occasionally getting overwhelmed are all expected in young QBs, but there is no growing out of a weak arm that is consisitently inaccurate. Steve McNair and Kerry Collins are two veteran Free agents that could fill the Giants starting QB needs.

Kerry Collins ? Mc Nair ? :LMAO:

collins couldnt do it the first time around

and mc nair is done as a starter !

funny though!!

I've said it more times than I can count, but I'll say it again ....

Eli, Big Ben and Philip Rivers will be better NFL quarterbacks than anybody who has been drafted since their class, including this year. I'm even willing to toss the 2004 draft in there too but I can't because of Carson Palmer.

All the percieved warts Eli may have are predominantly a result of inexperience.

I'll say this, there are at least 20 franchises that wish they had the "QB Problem" we supposedly do.

Well, another stupid post from Floyd. Eli's arm was rated one of the strongest , if not the strongest of the drafted players last year. The reason he was the highest ranked QB was the fact tthat he does have touch and more importantly the intelligence to be an All-pro QB. He showed in his last games the pedigree the Giants expected. Nimrods like Floyd here can't except the fact Eli made them look the fool when he came on quickly at the end of the season. Considering the fact that Floyd has been wrong about everything else, there is no reason to think he might get this one right. He will just blunder and stumble while making himself look stupid, and eventaully change his name whne Eli is doing very well. Just read some of his posts and you will soon understand why he is the village ######.

His completion percentage will go up, but I'm not too concerned about it because like I said in the past, it is a misleading stat, just like QB Rating.

yes ! phil sims didnt have a career stellar completion % either.

expect for the 86 super bowl ! :)