SportsWrath

what is th basic diff between Giants and Steelers?

JackStroud

I'd have to say its Tom Coughlin vs Mike Tomlin

Its not the players.....they are no better than us....player wise its a wash

their players play harder for their coach

the story about how Tomlin put he mouthy rookie back in did it for me.....I always liked Tomlin but that story is classic

Here's the difference:

The Steelers have Dick LeBeau.

And, if you want to talk about the Packers, they have Dom Capers.

We have a guy who is a good DC, but will likely not stick around long enough to be a great DC like LeBeau or Capers.

I don't recall a LeBeau or Capers defense giving up 21 points in less than 8 minutes.

Here's the difference:

We have a guy who is a good DC, but will likely not stick around long enough to be a great DC like LeBeau or Capers.

I don't recall a LeBeau or Capers defense giving up 21 points in less than 8 minutes.

Exactly and with the LeBeau reference it's consistency. Jack may want Coughlin gone but the Steelers have been such a good franchise it's because of coach support and consistency. Look at the bottom feeders of the league. They fire coaches every 2 years; you'll never win doing that.

he said his mike shut off- that's why they were having so many communication issues on that last drive.

i'm a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the stealers if you haven't noticed.

Oh, I must have missed that. He should have notified the ref and then the Steelers couldn't use the mike anyways.

Regardless...it wasn't the mike who threw an awful pass on 3rd and goal.

Oh, I must have missed that. He should have notified the ref and then the Steelers couldn't use the mike anyways.

No I agree- that whole series down at the 2 was awful. Schottenheimer froze up. They should've rushed on 2nd and 3rd.

I laughed when you said "they need to get rid of LaDainian Washedupson" and I agree. He was awful outside of the Colts game.

He'd be adecent #2 somewhere if he accepts the role. Right now he's a #2 with a #1 ego. So he's stunting Shonn Greene's growth.

Guest StrahansGap

The glaring difference I see is the Steelers have leaders on their team. Not one, not two.....I see a few leaders. I don't see any on the Giants....besides maybe Tuck. And his leadership skills are in the fledgling stages. Other than him, there is nobody! The last good leader the Giants had is smiling right beneath this line. Look down.

By the way, Sanchez played a helluva game. They're a running team and they could go nowhere with the run.

He manned up in the second half.

The glaring difference I see is the Steelers have leaders on their team. Not one, not two.....I see a few leaders. I don't see any on the Giants....besides maybe Tuck. And his leadership skills are in the fledgling stages. Other than him, there is nobody! The last good leader the Giants had is smiling right beneath this line. Look down.

If the Giants don't turn over the ball 2 times a game it seems, then we wouldn't be having this problem.

Face it, we ran into a buzzsaw..the Green Bay Packers.

Guest StrahansGap

If the Giants don't turn over the ball 2 times a game it seems, then we wouldn't be having this problem.

Face it, we ran into a buzzsaw..the Green Bay Packers.

It's a stretch, but could it be that nobody is stepping up to tell these turnover prone players to WAKE THE FUCK UP????? I'm not going to start another round of Eli bashing replies, but it just seems to me that nobody is taking the reigns.

Here's the difference:

See, what the Giants need is a great DC who turned HC and sucked at it. Someone who knows what their place in the universe is and will stick around for a while, instead of using the position as a launch pad for a HC gig. Someone who will build some cohesion with the defense.

Jack better watch out for what he wishes for. Coughlin is around at least another season, and Fewell will bail the moment an HC spot opens up for him. If Gilly gets the ax sooner or later, we'll be looking at a total staff change all in one whack. Probably for the 2012 season, just in time to fuck up any chance we have now at a Giants-Jets home Superbowl in 2014.

Here's the difference:

i dont know much about Lebeau but Capers is a failed HC so all he has to focus know is on Defense. Fewell has a shot at being a HC and will try.

I think the difference is mainly 4-3 vs. 3-4....oh, and the Steelers have a running back that rushed for over 1200 yards, 13 TDs, and only fumbled TWICE all season. Oh, and a QB that gave the ball away only 9 times all season, total.

See, what the Giants need is a great DC who turned HC and sucked at it. Someone who knows what their place in the universe is and will stick around for a while, instead of using the position as a launch pad for a HC gig. Someone who will build some cohesion with the defense.

Jack better watch out for what he wishes for. Coughlin is around at least another season, and Fewell will bail the moment an HC spot opens up for him. If Gilly gets the ax sooner or later, we'll be looking at a total staff change all in one whack. Probably for the 2012 season, just in time to fuck up any chance we have now at a Giants-Jets home Superbowl in 2014.

Exactly.....that's why I thought Dick Jauron would have been a good replacement if Fewell got offered a head coaching gig.

However, the longer Fewell hangs around, the better his chance of succeeding Coughlin.

I think the difference is mainly 4-3 vs. 3-4....oh, and the Steelers have a running back that rushed for over 1200 yards, 13 TDs, and only fumbled TWICE all season. Oh, and a QB that gave the ball away only 9 times all season, total.

And had ball security issues earlier in his career. This is something that can be - NEEDS to be coached up on the Giants.

Hakeem Nicks, I'm speaking to you too.

Just imagine how good and how many championship shots the Giants would have had if the turnovers were kept down. Ohhh wait it was the SB run and the Giants had injuries at key positions that year too. Despite the injuries, Manning led the Giants to three road playoff wins without throwing a single interception. The Giants finished the season with a franchise-low 77 penalties, after setting a franchise record two years before with 146. Disciplined playing is what wins championships and it's why the Patriots are in the conversation every year (9 turnovers all season). This is why if Coughlin was fired I would not have been upset. I think continuity is necessary to win but with how undisciplined the Giants have been playing somebody needs to man up and get the team to focus.

I think it's time to draft a prototype running back....we've got a bruiser, and a shifty back.....and unfortunately, neither of them can be trusted to hold on to the ball.

But we need a Ray Rice type of running back - someone who can pound the rock all day, but also a guy that can block, and catch the ball.

Granted, guys like Rice just don't fall from the trees, but there are always great backs coming out of college, because of the nature of the college game.