SportsWrath

Smith, Nicks and Diehl Practiced today

Lughead

Watch out you suddenly rolling Vikings. The New York Giants might be rolling into Minnesota on Sunday with ace receivers Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith and longtime left tackle David Diehl all back in the lineup.

After missing two games of the expected three after developing compartment syndrome in his right leg, "fast healer" Nicks said that he participated in about 60 percent of Wednesday's practice.

"My mentality is if I'm practicing, I'm playing," said Nicks, who ranks second in the NFC with nine touchdown catches and who leads New York with 62 total receptions and 800 yards. "I did more than I expected, more than we all expected, but it felt good. I see the doctor today, tell him how I responded, see how I feel tomorrow. ... Hopefully they'll let me play. I'm pretty sure I will."

Smith, who has missed the past four games after tearing a chest muscle in practice, said he felt "like the best day of my life" after returning to full duty. After setting a GIants record with 107 catches last year, Smith has 47 for 517 yards and three touchdowns this season.

"I was able to do everything (with) no pain," said Smith, who expects to face the Vikings.

Diehl, who has been sidelined as long as Smith with hip and hamstring injuries, also took full practice and was more emphatic than his teammates' about his return at Minnesota.

"I'm playing on Sunday," Diehl said. "I don't think anything else needs to be said. I'm excited to be back."

All the positive injury news thrilled quarterback Eli Manning, who has helped keep the Giants tied for the NFC East lead with the Philadelphia Eagles at 8-4 despite all the injuries.

"The more guys that we can get back, the better off we'll be," Manning said.

It's less likely that Shaun O'Hara will play this week, but the veteran center was back on the field on Wednesday, albeit in a limited capacity, for the first time since spraining a foot in Week 7.

"He expects to start out and move gradually, because this would be his first week (back)," Coughlin said. "We would like to see where he is and hopefully we can go from there."

The injury news wasn't all positive for the Giants. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who went over 1,000 yards in last week's 31-7 victory over Washington despite having lost his starting job to Brandon Jacobs, was held out of practice with an undisclosed wrist injury. However, Bradshaw might return on Thursday.

I want to see every player back on the field as soon as they are capable of playing. This is a talented Viking team that cannot be taken lightly. They may be experiencing a bit of a midseason rebirth due to the change in leadership, something we saw firsthand with the Cowboys and Jason Garrett. To have Nicks and Smith back even in a limited capacity would be a huge boost for everyone on offense and would certainly alter Minnesotas gameplan. Factor in Diehl on top of that and things are looking good and improving quick.

I want to see every player back on the field as soon as they are capable of playing. This is a talented Viking team that cannot be taken lightly. They may be experiencing a bit of a midseason rebirth due to the change in leadership, something we saw firsthand with the Cowboys and Jason Garrett. To have Nicks and Smith back even in a limited capacity would be a huge boost for everyone on offense and would certainly alter Minnesotas gameplan. Factor in Diehl on top of that and things are looking good and improving quick.

Definitely. We can't expect the same results as the Washington game against a much better secondary and run defence in Minnie.

Yeah I want to go to Minny and come out with a Winny....and a Inka Binka or two.

"Yes you Norwegian Whore I'm from NY" :)

"So this is the city where Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda tried to hide their lesbian tendencies....come up to my room and lets play hide it"

Yeah I want to go to Minny and come out with a Winny....and a Inka Binka or two.

"Yes you Norwegian Whore I'm from NY" :)

"So this is the city where Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda tried to hide their lesbian tendencies....come up to my room and lets play hide it"

:LMAO:

Usted esta mal.......................