SportsWrath

Cowboys having Shockey/Plaxico Problem........

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

..........with TO - These "professionals" don't seem very motivated.......

TOMissing

Cowboys want more show from T.O.

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Is T.O. a disaster in the making?

IRVING - Is controversial receiver Terrell Owens getting off on the right foot in Dallas?

Several sources have noted that Owens has not been a regular participant in Cowboys coach Bill Parcells' off-season program.

His initial absences were understood because of a prior commitment, but Owens in the past has preferred to work with his own trainer.

Owens, who signed a three-year, $25 million contract with the Cowboys in March, was present at a Thursday workout.

His publicist, Kim Etheredge, said, "He is here when he is required to be here just like every other player on the team" and added that Parcells has expressed no concern about Owens' regimen.

The Cowboys are not concerned about Owens' conditioning. He always has stayed in good shape and his training methods have served him well.

However, Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the off-season.

"To [Parcells], it's about chemistry," a source said. "He wants you here."

Guest Lockhart
Careful. Criticizing moron #1 and moron #2 around here will get you accused of not being a loyal fan.

Shockey and Plaxico now fall into the "TO" grouping - the nicknames of TO-lite and TO-White are more than fitting.

Guest Carbo

A few items stand out in that article. First, the fact that TO has a "publicist" speaks volumes about where is head is at. He is more concerned about being recognized by the MTV mindset than he is about the NFL and winning football games.

Second, you read "However, Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the off-season." Voluntary shouldn't be taken at face value. From a legal, contractual standpoint, sure, the workouts are voluntary. But in the real world, management and the coaching staff expect every player to participate. In the case of TO Lite and TO White, this nuance seems to elude them.

And finally, when Parcells says "it's about chemistry", how often have we read that, right here on this board, from the Fab 4. The Giants had no chemistry last year between Eli and the Dynamic Duo. And with those two clowns in Miami, and Helicopter in NJ, what can we expect this year??

A few items stand out in that article. First, the fact that TO has a "publicist" speaks volumes about where is head is at. He is more concerned about being recognized by the MTV mindset than he is about the NFL and winning football games.

Second, you read "However, Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the off-season." Voluntary shouldn't be taken at face value. From a legal, contractual standpoint, sure, the workouts are voluntary. But in the real world, management and the coaching staff expect every player to participate. In the case of TO Lite and TO White, this nuance seems to elude them.

And finally, when Parcells says "it's about chemistry", how often have we read that, right here on this board, from the Fab 4. The Giants had no chemistry last year between Eli and the Dynamic Duo. And with those two clowns in Miami, and Helicopter in NJ, what can we expect this year??

to add on this...I know when I played baseball, if the coach held a voluntary hitting practice on Saturday or something it meant: "be at this practice if you want to play as to it will only help you."

Guest Lockhart

.......a flyover?

Guest Nutty Sack

Very well said but your preaching to people who can't grasp the team concept. These same minds are the ones who crave attention at any cost even at the expense of family and friends. It's a sad commentary on the generation of athlete we as fans have to deal with today.

The combination of low intelect and loads of money produces prima donnas like our friends in South Beach.I for one endorse doing without them and getting guys who will play as a team. They can't produce in the big game so they return to ghetto antics like throwing ice and footballs into the stands and sulking when they don't get their way.

Very well said but your preaching to people who can't grasp the team concept. These same minds are the ones who crave attention at any cost even at the expense of family and friends. It's a sad commentary on the generation of athlete we as fans have to deal with today.

The combination of low intelect and loads of money produces prima donnas like our friends in South Beach.I for one endorse doing without them and getting guys who will play as a team. They can't produce in the big game so they return to ghetto antics like throwing ice and footballs into the stands and sulking when they don't get their way.

You "as fans have to deal with today"?

:LMAO:

You don't have any inherent duty to the sport or the team. So stop pretending as if you're some sort of victim for taking an interest in something that you've never contributed to, or have any control over. You don't like it? You don't have to watch; that is, unless you enjoy finding excuses to feign cynicism and shape a personality.

Guest Carbo

You don't have any inherent duty to the sport or the team. So stop pretending as if you're some sort of victim for taking an interest in something that you've never contributed to, or have any control over. You don't like it? You don't have to watch; that is, unless you enjoy finding excuses to feign cynicism and shape a personality.

Weren't you whining last week about being "over the Giants"? Please take your little emo ass out of here, buy another black outfit, comb your hair over your face, and compete with your other emo buds as to who is most miserable and misunderstood.

Guest Floyd The Barber

im not one to say it, but I TOLD YOU SO...

voluntary for the stupid means i dont need to be here...voluntary for a winner, looking to get better means being there every step of the way...

as each day get closer to the draft, i only hope we are packaging up what will be a draft day deal involving Shockey and Plax.

voluntary for the stupid means i dont need to be here...voluntary for a winner, looking to get better means being there every step of the way...

as each day get closer to the draft, i only hope we are packaging up what will be a draft day deal involving Shockey and Plax.

Great idea. Lets get rid of 2 guys who both had above average years and replace them with guys who haven't worked with Eli Manning EVER. That is sure to improve on-field chemistry.

Great idea Floyd. When are you getting a call to work for the Giants?

Great idea. Lets get rid of 2 guys who both had above average years and replace them with guys who haven't worked with Eli Manning EVER. That is sure to improve on-field chemistry.

they already did

trash1.jpg

Guest Floyd The Barber

i dont understand how the common fan can be supportive, or that naive to the fact that the timing, tendancies and instictive behavior that needs to occur/develop between a QB and his receiving unit isnt formost important in order to get better...

so far, we are a few short months away from camp 2006 and our 2 biggest stars have yet to field a pass from Eli since week 16 of 2005...

being down in Southbeach proves nothing...it only proves the stupidity of todays NFL coaches and the stupidity of the fans that support it...

i would take ANY other 2 guys that were devout to the NYG football program and were hell bent on improving there relationship with there 3rd year QB...

Guest Carbo
i dont understand how the common fan can be supportive, or that naive to the fact that the timing, tendancies and instictive behavior that needs to occur/develop between a QB and his receiving unit isnt formost important in order to get better...

so far, we are a few short months away from camp 2006 and our 2 biggest stars have yet to field a pass from Eli since week 16 of 2005...

being down in Southbeach proves nothing...it only proves the stupidity of todays NFL coaches and the stupidity of the fans that support it...

i would take ANY other 2 guys that were devout to the NYG football program and were hell bent on improving there relationship with there 3rd year QB...

Amen, bro! The ignorance in this thread is off the charts. As evidenced by this:

Guest Nutty Sack

I love the overall results their above average season gave us last year. Especially in the play offs. Hopefully EA is working on a trade package as we speak..........the clock is ticking.

Guest Floyd The Barber
I love the overall results their above average season gave us last year. Especially in the play offs. Hopefully EA is working on a trade package as we speak..........the clock is ticking.

if you mean shrinking to invisbile like proportions, and doing nothing to help a 2nd year QB struggling then I agree...

we could probably get a handfull of nicely placed picks for these 2 chicks...i say punt'em away

Guest Nutty Sack

Thank you for your sound advice.

I wish we could package up you and the other Fag 4's and trade you all for a box of Pampers. That would allow all of us to " STOP THE SHIT" :LMAO: Edited by US Patriot