SportsWrath

Bitter Brown Still Bashing Eli

Mr. P

C.C. Brown just won’t give any credit to Eli Manning.

The bitter ex-Giants safety, now toiling with the Detroit Lions, criticized the Giants quarterback again yesterday after Manning and the Giants beat the Lions 28-20. Two of the Giants’ four touchdowns were thrown by Manning, but Brown still insisted that the Lions “gave” Manning at least some of what he got.

“Today we gave him his plays,” Brown told reporters after the game. “Don’t get me wrong, he made some plays. But we also gave him some plays.”

Manning went 20 for 30 for 177 yards and two touchdowns against the Lions - - including a perfectly thrown 33-yard touchdown pass to Mario Manningham early in the second quarter. And there appeared to be nothing erratic at all about Manning’s performance, despite Brown’s pre-game assertion that “You never know what you’re going to get with that guy.”

Asked if he thought those comments might have given Manning a little extra motivation, the bitter Brown remained defiant.

“I just spoke the truth,” Brown said. “I called a spade a spade.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/10/bitter-brown-still-bashing-eli.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fblogs%2Fgiants+%28Blogs%2FThe+Blue+Screen%29&utm_content=Twitter

4jqpuo.png

C.C. Brown just won’t give any credit to Eli Manning.

The bitter ex-Giants safety, now toiling with the Detroit Lions, criticized the Giants quarterback again yesterday after Manning and the Giants beat the Lions 28-20. Two of the Giants’ four touchdowns were thrown by Manning, but Brown still insisted that the Lions “gave” Manning at least some of what he got.

“Today we gave him his plays,” Brown told reporters after the game. “Don’t get me wrong, he made some plays. But we also gave him some plays.”

Manning went 20 for 30 for 177 yards and two touchdowns against the Lions - - including a perfectly thrown 33-yard touchdown pass to Mario Manningham early in the second quarter. And there appeared to be nothing erratic at all about Manning’s performance, despite Brown’s pre-game assertion that “You never know what you’re going to get with that guy.”

Asked if he thought those comments might have given Manning a little extra motivation, the bitter Brown remained defiant.

“I just spoke the truth,” Brown said. “I called a spade a spade.”

I just wished athletes would leave the racial slurs out of it.