SportsWrath

Dreams fulfilled

Allstarjim

Nice article by Garafalo on Victor Cruz:

NJ.com/giants

As promised, Victor Cruz cries tears of joys after making Giants' roster

Victor Cruz said he would probably cry if he made the Giants’ active roster.

Like the preseason opener against the Jets, he delivered.

“Yeah, I cried. I definitely cried,” the Paterson native and undrafted free agent from UMass said by phone Saturday after learning he was one of the 53 players who made the Giants’ final cuts. “I tried to fight it back, but it didn’t work.”

Cruz, who tied for the NFL preseason lead with four receiving touchdowns (including three against the Jets on Monday Night Football) and led the league with 297 yards, was waiting all day to hear from the Giants. It was like the opposite of draft day, when a player waits to hear from a team telling him they’ve selected him.

A little more than four months after not getting the chance to field that call and celebrate with his family and friends, Cruz got a much different call that resulted in a half-dozen well wishers mobbing him.

“Six o’clock rolled around and I’m like, ‘Wow still no call?’” Cruz said. “And then Jack (his agent, Jack Huntington) called me and was like, ‘Yeah, just got off the phone with the Giants. You’re on the team.’ Everybody at my house just went crazy.”

Now, it’s time for Cruz to do what players not sweating their jobs do this weekend: relax.

“I’m definitely going to get some rest,” he said. “I’m going to enjoy it tonight, do the festivities and what not. But tomorrow I’m going to head to the facility, get in the pool and the warm tub. Get my body fully prepared and get ready for Week 1.”

But first a phone call to the Giants, not from them.

“As soon as I hang up, I’ll call over there,” he said, “and thank everybody for everything.”

Congrats, Victor! A lot of hard work paying off for the kid as well as Duke Calhoun and the other guys who just made their first NFL team. Must be an unreal feeling. I'm going to be rooting for Cruz big time, I friggin' love this kid.

Nice article by Garafalo on Victor Cruz:

NJ.com/giants

Congrats, Victor! A lot of hard work paying off for the kid as well as Duke Calhoun and the other guys who just made their first NFL team. Must be an unreal feeling. I'm going to be rooting for Cruz big time, I friggin' love this kid.

I agree. That one-handed catch at full speed while being covered like a python wrapped around a squealing pig sold me on the kid. He's a ways away from learning all the ins and outs of an NFL starting WR, but he has the heart of a winner......that unmeasurable factor that often means more than simply outstanding athleticism.

This guy is gonna be loved like Tyree. Not the biggest most physically talented guy, but has the heart and desire of a winner. I love this kid. Welcome to BIGBLUE Victor. :clap:

This guy has so much goodwill around him. I'm thinking if they put his jersey up for sale tomorrow, it would be maybe the third highest selling jersey behind only Manning and Tuck.

REMEMBER GUYS Technically he is not GONE yet . Sinorice is on the IR . he could be back at next years training camp

not until you see { Sinorice Moss (wr) cut } in the NFL transactions will he truly be GONE

Moss Gathering Moss

404 Not Found

The page which you were looking for is not found. Try using one of the links on the top of the page.

are you suggesting sinorice moss is a bad link?

Please let this truly be a case of Moss=Loss....addition by subtraction. The era of the Smurfs died back in Washington during the 80's man....and those Smurfs knew how to run forward not backward....and they were not afraid of getting hit. I think that is Moss=Loss biggest issue....like a lot of track guys who can't hack it in the NFL...don't want those pretty faces getting bruised. :05-mafia: