SportsWrath

Memories....

BIGBLUE01

a former Fresno State bulldog

Yup. Stephen Baker...."The TOUCHDOWN MAKER".... Scored a boat load of TDs at Fresno state. I remember hearing a story where a Giants security guard wouldnt let him in the locker room cause they thought he was a little kid tryin to get in. lol

Yup. Stephen Baker...."The TOUCHDOWN MAKER".... Scored a boat load of TDs at Fresno state. I remember hearing a story where a Giants security guard wouldnt let him in the locker room cause they thought he was a little kid tryin to get in. lol

definitely on my all time favorite giants list. wasn't kevin sweeny his QB in Fresno State?

My favorite was Halloween 1999. I was at the game in Philly when Strahan intercepted a pass in OT for the game winning TD. Our seats were about 20 rows up in the endzone he scored in. The stadium went dead quiet except for me and my drunken buddies :rock: How we did not get our asses kicked that day at the vet I do not know.

definitely on my all time favorite giants list. wasn't kevin sweeny his QB in Fresno State?

I had to look blu, I wasnt sure. I dont think so, cause Sweeney was QB at Fresno State 87-91. Baker was drafted by the Giants in 92. Maybe one yr.

I was at this game with my wife. Coinicidently it is also the game where she told me that she would never go to another football game again for being scared out her mind with the crowd reaction after the TD catch by Toomer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUaPVUkTwU

I was tryin to find either this one, or the 98' game where Graham to Toomer ended there undefeated season. TOOMER=BRONCO KILLER. :flex:

I had to look blu, I wasnt sure. I dont think so, cause Sweeney was QB at Fresno State 87-91. Baker was drafted by the Giants in 92. Maybe one yr.

92? I don't think so. he was drafted in '87. so i guess he just missed sweeney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMHebBv0e8

I used to love Mike Sherrard. My earliest memories of Giants receivers were Sherrard, Robinson, McConkey, Bavaro, Baker....etc. The 80's were when I was learning all about my Gmen.

giants coveted sherrard in the draft- i forgot which year- and everyone knew it. 49ers had the pick before the giants and walsh traded it to dallas so that the giants didn't get him. then he broke his leg twice i think with the cowboys.

loved stephen baker.

my uncle(who is a huge reason im a giants fan) his name is stephen baker and when i was a kid he would always try to tell me that on sundays he painted himself black and went and played for the giants.

and the vhs copy of "giants among men" about the 86 season was watched religiously by me and my cousin when we were kids, it was like the holy grail for us. my uncle made damn sure we were gonna be giants fans.

carson putting on the yellow jacket to dump the gatorade is a great visual memory.

alg_parcells-gatorade.jpg

gatorade-shower-parcells.jpg

honorable mention is any time tiki made being a rb look so effortless, he was great and feeling a defenders hand on him and just removing it with his own hand. i swear thats how he broke 90 percent of tackles.

fishgut's avatar also.

My favorite was Halloween 1999. I was at the game in Philly when Strahan intercepted a pass in OT for the game winning TD. Our seats were about 20 rows up in the endzone he scored in. The stadium went dead quiet except for me and my drunken buddies :rock: How we did not get our asses kicked that day at the vet I do not know.

Good call Gorilla, i remember that game like it was yesterday. Another fav of mine vs the egirls, is when Shockey took that ball from Dawkins in the end zone. :flex:

giants coveted sherrard in the draft- i forgot which year- and everyone knew it. 49ers had the pick before the giants and walsh traded it to dallas so that the giants didn't get him. then he broke his leg twice i think with the cowboys.

Yup, he had a real good rookie year in '86, then didn't see the field again until '89, as a role player with the 49ers. An injury-free Sherrard would have been a force. And he probably would have stayed on the Cowboys.

Leonard Marshall crushing Joe Montana.... :05-mafia:

He got hit so hard he thought he was going to die, acoustic guitars started playing, and his momma wanted him to quit.

They said when they handed him the phone on the sidelines, he ordered a pizza. the amazing thing about that play was mark collins failed to cover that fumblefurious.gif- steve young marched it right down the field until LT did his thing on Roger Craig.

Yup, he had a real good rookie year in '86, then didn't see the field again until '89, as a role player with the 49ers. An injury-free Sherrard would have been a force. And he probably would have stayed on the Cowboys.

True, he prolly would have stayed. :( But that guy, even as he got older could alwys break the big one. I enjoyed him. As for receivers in Giants history, the real special ones just happened or are happening. Ive always loved our RB's and Defense for the most part.