SportsWrath

Mike Mayock

Bigblue25

Maycock is A FUCKING LIAR!!!! LIIIIAAAAAARRRRR!!! :cwy:

He wasn't there at Jacksonville's pick so it didn't happen, both us and Jacksonville panicked I think and it lead to Tyson Alaula and JPP being picked, oh well at least us and the LA Jags will be picking 1 and 2 next year, or at least in the top five.

He wasn't there at Jacksonville's pick so it didn't happen, both us and Jacksonville panicked I think and it lead to Tyson Alaula and JPP being picked, oh well at least us and the LA Jags will be picking 1 and 2 next year, or at least in the top five.

"He was the best player on our board when we picked, he was the 6th overall player in the draft for us." Tom Coughlin

Yeah, really fucking panicked on that one....

"He was the best player on our board when we picked, he was the 6th overall player in the draft for us." Tom Coughlin

Yeah, really fucking panicked on that one....

thats all smoke and mirrors, for the what the fuck was that fans

I dont think so, Reese and Co have all said that JPP was rated highly on the Giants draft board, it's just that McClain was taken and JPP fell it us.

I am not gonna doubt Reese and Co, they are the guys being paid to scout, but has of right now I just don't get it, I would like to sit down eye to eye with Reese and go seriously, I guess you like him you take him, but how many times have we criticized Oakland for making senseless moves, this was one to me.

I am not gonna doubt Reese and Co, they are the guys being paid to scout, but has of right now I just don't get it, I would like to sit down eye to eye with Reese and go seriously, I guess you like him you take him, but how many times have we criticized Oakland for making senseless moves, this was one to me.

This isn't even close to an Oakland Raiders pick....

The difference in my mind is the Raiders take players who will be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and use a first round pick on them. Look at that Hayward-Bay(sp)? kid, he was rated to go in the bottom of the first if not middle second round. Infact some people said we were going to take him at 29. Instead the Raiders who knew this kid has off the field problems and can only run fast use the seventh overall pick on the kid, when Crabtree (who has shown more then H-Bay) was still there. In this case JPP was rated to go inside the top 20 of the first round and thats exactly where he went, I didnt think we would take him but we did.

The only head scratching part is the fact we are stocked on DEs this year, but for all we know Osi could be raising shit in the locker room and Kiwi in all seriousness looks like he is going to be out the door when his contract is up. Either way we are going to be out a starting DE not this year but next, I think JPP is just insurance for when it happens. Although I still would of fucking loved Iupati then JPP....atleast Iupati would start from day one.

A community college DE, who ran a fast 40 and can do backflips, sounds like Oakland to me

Right. Because he didn't perform in college at all. Jesus Christ..the guy outplayed and out performed George Selvie..do you know who it is? Probably not..he was a supposed 1st round pick this year and was OUTSHADOWED by J.P.P.

Guy obviously sucks and will be a bust when he hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. I love the logic.

Horrible pick. Senseless. These are words that come to mind when you have an aging offensive line, no middle linebacker, question marks at DT, and a twinkle toes for a running back.

We could have actually used this pick to either A. Get better on defense IMMEDIATELY...which means not a player that will see 5 snaps a game in rotational work...and we're gonna be paying 4(!) defensive ends starting money, retarded. Considering we're missing any kind of playmaker or even leader for that matter at the LB spot (I certainly am not high on Atlanta's cast off, and Sintim looked shoddy in backup roles), LB is most certainly what they SHOULD have used this pick on...be it trading up to get Mclain, or taking Weatherspoon. Or the option B. Considering our offensive line is obviously on the decline, another obvious direction should have been picking on up an OT. This protects against the fact our current OTs are getting old. So by the time we're ready to move on, we already have someone in place and don't have to scramble around and draft a rookie who will take time to develop.

The only head scratching part is the fact we are stocked on DEs this year, but for all we know Osi could be raising shit in the locker room and Kiwi in all seriousness looks like he is going to be out the door when his contract is up. Either way we are going to be out a starting DE not this year but next, I think JPP is just insurance for when it happens. Although I still would of fucking loved Iupati then JPP....at least Iupati would start from day one.

This is why I think posters are the most upset. Paying a guy 1st round money to ride pine is a dumb ass move. More than likely he will get paid better than Osi and Kiwi and will have problems getting any real playing time. I am sure we'd all love to eat crow and bask in JPPs awesomeness if he turns out great in his first year but Iupati would have been such a better pick. Hell many players that were still available would have been much better picks to do something in their rookie season.

This is why I think posters are the most upset. Paying a guy 1st round money to ride pine is a dumb ass move. More than likely he will get paid better than Osi and Kiwi and will have problems getting any real playing time. I am sure we'd all love to eat crow and bask in JPPs awesomeness if he turns out great in his first year but Iupati would have been such a better pick. Hell many players that were still available would have been much better picks to do something in their rookie season.

Yeah I mean any RB was gone at that point so any chance of replacing Jacobs was out of the question. I know Dan Williams was still there but isnt he more of a nose tackle then a 4-3 DT? I think any D-lineman we took was going to take a year or two to get into the starting rotation. Really the only position at that point we could of taken that would of started from day one was a OG in Iupati or a LB which the only one rated in the first round was Weatherspoon. I dont think OT would of seen much time unless Diehl or McKenzie got hurt, so an OT would of rode the bench as well for a year or so.

I dont know it was almost like anyone we wanted at that point was gone and the only solid pick would of been Iupati or Weatherspoon. All the other LBs would of been to much of a reach at that point in time.

Right. Because he didn't perform in college at all. Jesus Christ..the guy outplayed and out performed George Selvie..do you know who it is? Probably not..he was a supposed 1st round pick this year and was OUTSHADOWED by J.P.P.

Guy obviously sucks and will be a bust when he hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. I love the logic.

He played seven division one games, thats a alot of college? even then he didn't have all that great of production,Part of the reason he outperformed Selvie, cause Selvie was doubled teamed on most occasions. I agreed with you, I would of like Morgan better or at least Jerry Hughes, JPP was not a first rounder until the combine, I understand he has upside, and nice speed for hi size, my big issue is he quit football twice already, I just think we have a workout warrior, I am not trying to doubt Reese and Co, but I just do not like this pick, I do hope I am wrong just didn't make sense with other pressing needs to me.

This pick is fine anyone who doesn't understand how the pick for value works should log off and go buy a book about the draft.

We're fine and our new guy will get spot duty which will be just what Spags initially conceived of with the 4 Aces.

Having him ride pine is not likely the case which tells you what's going on with Kiwi or Osi.

Would have liked a LB, but RB's will be down later and cheaper, hoping for a good couple of LB's and some OL help...

This pick is fine anyone who doesn't understand how the pick for value works should log off and go buy a book about the draft.

We're fine and our new guy will get spot duty which will be just what Spags initially conceived of with the 4 Aces.

Having him ride pine is not likely the case which tells you what's going on with Kiwi or Osi.

Would have liked a LB, but RB's will be down later and cheaper, hoping for a good couple of LB's and some OL help...

Ya know, I think anyone who doesn't understand that there were better players available at positions we actually could use, and that JPP will spend the next 2-3 years actually learning the position because he barely has any experience playing football, and lacks the ability to objectively analyze the pick, should log off now.

Come down off your high horse, dog.