SportsWrath

Anyone who watched Gruden interview

JackStroud

those young QBs on ESN today?

The guy is a terrific coach,, and I hope the Giants have the brains to hire him after Coughlin finally exits the parking lot permanently

It will take 3-5 years to get back in the SB unless we get rid of the old goat soon......

Couglhlin-

good disciplinarian

poor game day coach

disconnected from his players

cannot motivate a team consistently, if at all

air seems to have gone out of the Giants since Spags left.

does not have a defensive clue

did i mention hes a good disciplinarian LOL

It never ceases to amaze me how tied the SB victory was to our D and Spagnuola

and how much credit Coughlin has gotten instead

It was the Defense that won that tropy

If you remember Coughlin was FORCED to go out and find a good DC or would have been fired when he hired Spags

When he's been left on his own to hire a DC ........... awful so far.....

Spags was a relative unknown and it was his first defensive coordinators job in the NFL....

all the more remarkable what he accomplished

no one seems to remember that Coughlin was about to be fired at the time he went out and found Spags, the team was in revolt and the Defense horrible........a lot like our situation now

Spags was a hot young prospect and we went with him........if the giants had any balls they would have pushed coughlin upstairs 2 yrs ago and promoted Spags to HC

any dope could have seen that was the right path

Yeah- I want a guy who came in and took an underachieving team and won a SB right away............trouncing the Eagles along the way and offering to play them on the Walt Whitman Bridge.

The problem at TB was the whole damm team took free agency dollars the moment the SB was over........

I like his style, I like his attitude.......he would be perfect for us.

Coughlin will never lead us to another SB........perhaps never another post season victory.

The hot team in NY right now is the Jets and a hot new coach accomplished the final 4 ........in 1 year on the job

So instead you want a guy who came into Tampa Bay and won a SB in his first year with Tony Dungy's team, then was a model of mediocrity for years after?

I like to see Gruden as OC maybe but not HC.

Yes.. that's how Jack thinks.

all the more remarkable what he accomplished

no one seems to remember that Coughlin was about to be fired at the time he went out and found Spags, the team was in revolt and the Defense horrible........a lot like our situation now

Spags was a hot young prospect and we went with him........if the giants had any balls they would have pushed coughlin upstairs 2 yrs ago and promoted Spags to HC

any dope could have seen that was the right path

It never ceases to amaze me that you insist on blaming Coughlin for the Tim Lewis hiring, then give him no credit at all for hiring Spagnuolo. :confused:

I suppose it will be the same regarding Sheridan/Fewell, if Fewell works out.

So instead you want a guy who came into Tampa Bay and won a SB in his first year with Tony Dungy's team, then was a model of mediocrity for years after?

I like to see Gruden as OC maybe but not HC.

to be fair the team he was playing against in the super bowl was built by him and tony never got them there. if you have a group of guys with the talent to be there but always fall short, gruden could be the guy to get them there. are you listening, mr. jones?

to be fair the team he was playing against in the super bowl was built by him and tony never got them there. if you have a group of guys with the talent to be there but always fall short, gruden could be the guy to get them there. are you listening, mr. jones?

By that same measure, the O he was running in Oakland didn't make it to the Big Dance until after he left.

I think Gruden's a smart guy and I enjoy his insights into offensive schemes, but I don't think he's proven he's HC material. He tried retooling Tampa after the SB win to be more of an offensive power and failed miserably.

Jack, if Coughlin is such a shitty coach, how do you explain the greatness of Chase Blackburn?

As far as Gruden goes, he has a chance to become the next John Madden - he is hands down the most entertaining color commentator in the NFL right now.

It never ceases to amaze me that you insist on blaming Coughlin for the Tim Lewis hiring, then give him no credit at all for hiring Spagnuolo. :confused:

I suppose it will be the same regarding Sheridan/Fewell, if Fewell works out.

he hired tim lewis and hired sheridan

only hired a good one, spags when he had a gun to his stubborn old head

coughlin does not like coordinators with charisma or an opinion............sheridan gave an opinion

he wanted to sit upstairs .......coughlin sliced his balls off

nice start

he hired tim lewis and hired sheridan

only hired a good one, spags when he had a gun to his stubborn old head

coughlin does not like coordinators with charisma or an opinion............sheridan gave an opinion

he wanted to sit upstairs .......coughlin sliced his balls off

nice start

anyone who really watched the giants last year realized the team was in free fall

we had the most talented team in the NFC East and ended the season with a series of ass kickings administered to us

Tom HAS TO GO..........you dum dums will only realize that when the ass kickings become routine

nailed it :gay:

Now add Blackburn to the mix: :supergay:

:rimshot:

of course blackburn is the cause of all the loses

why did that never occur to anyone in the press

Coughlin is a depressing, humourless, out of touch, old dictator sort of a mean wade philips..........im afraid with no spags around to rally the troops we're toast

I never liked Gruden as a coach, outside of taken a already SB ready team to the SB and winning his record is substandard for any NFL coach.

The only thing that is his major flaw is players dont want to play for him, the guy always makes them feel like their best isnt good enough. I dont know how many interviews I've read where ex Buc players have nothing but negative things to say about Grudens coaching style, which is reflected in his average record outside of the SB year. The guy was once that standard for NFL coaches, hard-assed and no room for any sort of respect for the players. The game has passed Gruden by unfortunately and he knows it, which is why he is sticking to broadcasting.

Dont play into Jackyboys troll antics, its obvious he will say anything just to get a rise out of people. Instead just let him know that we as members dont take him serious and in fact mock him on a daily basis i.e. his Blackburn cock crush. Oh well trolls will be trolls.