SportsWrath

Screw this jet loving wench

Lughead

It was LT's numbers versus TJ's -- as in Thomas Jones, the back whom Tomlinson replaced. It just had a ring to it, though one Jets fan said he could relate to Giants loyalists.

"Don't be calling their quarterback Broadway Eli," said Erik Manassy, who runs the JetsTwit blog.

I think he's saying he understands Giants fans distaste for Tomlinson being called LT, much as Jets fans would hate Eli being called Broadway Joe (after Namath). Seems reasonable to me.

Honestly, I believe the Jets are flash in the pan as far as popularity goes. Let's face it, Eli's pretty damn mellow, and yes, the Jets' front office could have scored on us last year. Big whoop. Much as the Giants caught fire at the end of '07, so did the Jets last year. Yippee, they're popular. They've improved and probably have a few good seasons ahead of them, but the Gmen will always be the kings of New York. I'll tell you what would be great: The new stadium wins the superbowl bid for 2014 and it's a Giants Jets superbowl. Now that would be fucking awesome and put to rest who is the best.

I heard that Tomlinson called LT after he was drafted and asked if it was ok for him to go by LT.

LT, being LT, supposedly told him that he didn't care what he called himself.

There is only 1 LT.

I think he's saying he understands Giants fans distaste for Tomlinson being called LT, much as Jets fans would hate Eli being called Broadway Joe (after Namath). Seems reasonable to me.

Honestly, I believe the Jets are flash in the pan as far as popularity goes. Let's face it, Eli's pretty damn mellow, and yes, the Jets' front office could have scored on us last year. Big whoop. Much as the Giants caught fire at the end of '07, so did the Jets last year. Yippee, they're popular. They've improved and probably have a few good seasons ahead of them, but the Gmen will always be the kings of New York. I'll tell you what would be great: The new stadium wins the superbowl bid for 2014 and it's a Giants Jets superbowl. Now that would be fucking awesome and put to rest who is the best.

No way Rik. 3 Super Bowl Wins in our lifetime vs one... let's just say some of us weren't even born. Till the Jets have more trophies and more wins than us, this is a settled issue.

My lord... read the comments on the article.

I laughed at this one man.

The Giants aren't in the business of being flashy or trying to get noticed. They play hardnosed and win Championships. If the Jets want to get noticed by their antics, etc. that's fine with us. Hey, they need something to keep people interested since winning a Championship occurred when like Lincoln was in office.

The Giants had a bad year. The Jets have had a bad 4 decades. The Giants will gladly take a back seat to the Jets when they do more then yap and accidentally get into the playoffs on the grace and good nature of big brother Peyton Manning. Respect the rings.

the fucking Jets really need to get over this inferiority complex they have with the Giants, move to your own fucking stadium already then, better yet move to L.A, L.A Jets sounds good Dirty Sanchez is a Cali kid it all works out.

The Giants aren't in the business of being flashy or trying to get noticed. They play hardnosed and win Championships. If the Jets want to get noticed by their antics, etc. that's fine with us. Hey, they need something to keep people interested since winning a Championship occurred when like Lincoln was in office.

The Giants had a bad year. The Jets have had a bad 4 decades. The Giants will gladly take a back seat to the Jets when they do more then yap and accidentally get into the playoffs on the grace and good nature of big brother Peyton Manning. Respect the rings.

It's indeed worrisome. I've ridiculed unmercifully 2 friends who are Jets fans for so many years; thinking there would never be payback because of all their bumbling. There will be hell to pay if they are consistently better than us.

:LMAO: respect the rings.