SportsWrath

A look back at a miserable season

Mr. P

A look back at a miserable season ... »

By Ralph Vacchiano

(I wrote this season review a few days ago, but things have been happening fast and it’s been sitting in my computer, waiting for its opportunity. So, in anticipation of a slow news day, I figured it was time to dump this on you now …)

Teams ebb and flow from year to year in the NFL all the time, so maybe we just shouldn’t be shocked anymore when it happens. But this ebb (or is it flow?) happened so quickly, so dramatically, how could the collapse of the Giants not be a surprise?

From the beginning of their Super Bowl run in January, 2008 through Week 13 of the 2008 season, they had won 15 of 16 games, including a Super Bowl championship. They had all the pieces in place to be a dominant team. They had depth. They had coaching.

And even after they fell apart at the end of 2008, losing four of their last five (including a playoff game) in the wake of the Plaxico Burress shooting, they seemed to get everything back together. They started 5-0 this season, for crying out loud.

Then they just drifted away.

What happened? The Giants certainly don’t seem to have any answers. So perhaps the better question is: What now?

“We’ve got a long time to sit and think about whether we want to be an 8-8 team that goes home at the end of the season or returns to where we’ve been,” defensive tackle Barry Cofield said after the final, embarrassing game of the season. “We know what it takes and we know that’s not it, what we put out there the last two weeks.”

In the final two weeks, the Giants lost by a combined score of 85-16. Really, when you think about it, it was a pretty appropriate end to what quickly disintegrated into a miserable year.

With that said, here’s a look back at the good, the bad, and the ugly from the 2009 season, along with a little glimpse at some of the things the Giants will be thinking about over the next few months as they try to retool in time for 2010:

THREE STARS

1.QB Eli Manning — It’s a shame that it took his finest statistical season for everyone to realize that the only quarterback stat that really matters is wins and losses. Who among you wouldn’t take the old Eli, with worse numbers and more wins? Still, while he had some erratic moments, he wasn’t responsible for this mess. It ended very poorly, but he finished with an impressive completion percentage of 62.3, 4,021 passing yards and 27 touchdowns - - all career-highs. He also was sacked a career-high 30 times, which makes the numbers seem even more impressive. It was the statistical breakthrough we’ve all been waiting for. Too bad it was all for nothing.

2.WR Steve Smith — I understand that he doesn’t look like Randy Moss and isn’t as dynamic as Larry Fitzgerald, but were 107 catches and 1,220 yards enough to prove to all of us that he’s a No. 1 receiver? It was enough for me. He was consistently outstanding, and he was even better in clutch situations - - like third downs, for example. Manning loves throwing to him and he did far more often than he did to any other receiver. Yes, he’s not the most explosive guy on the team, but he’s the most reliable. And, at least statistically for one season, he’s by far the best the Giants have ever had.

3.WR Hakeem Nicks — The bar was set pretty low, given the failure rate of Giants rookie receivers, but he cleared it with room to spare and plenty of style. 47 catches for 790 yards and six touchdowns, Nicks was the most productive Giants rookie receiver since Bobby Johnson in 1984. He also looked like the big-play replacement for Plaxico Burress. He’s not as tall, but he plays big and has huge hands. He took a few weeks to crack the starting lineup, but don’t ever expect him to give up that spot. He’s only going to get better. He’s looking like a future Pro Bowler, too.

THREE GOATS

1.Defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan — Worst Giants defense since 1966. First back-to-back games giving up 40 points since 1971. Gave up 30 in four of the last five, which hadn’t happened since 1980. Gave up 40 in five games, which hadn’t happened since 1966. Unfortunately for a seemingly good man who is probably a better coach than he showed, I could go on and on and on and … But he’s been fired, so there’s no need.

2.The Giants’ secondary — They showed such promise right up until the moment S Kenny Phillips was lost after Week 2. The safeties never recovered and that lost group was absolutely the source of all the miscommunication on defense. CB Corey Webster looked like a Pro Bowler in the first half, but looked overwhelmed in the second. Terrell Thomas was up and down. And all together, the CBs and Ss put on the worst two-month tackling exhibition I’ve ever seen.

3.RB Brandon Jacobs — Maybe he was hurt all season, I don’t know, but it was pretty clear from the start that he wasn’t the same player he was before signing that $25 million contract. There was no power, no punch, no oomph to his runs. RBs coach Jerald Ingram said that was because they were using him wrong. Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride dismissed that notion, so who knows what the truth is there? All we know is Jacobs was supposed to be a No. 1 back, but he averaged 3.7 yards per carry and didn’t have a single 100-yard game. And, of course, he’s hurt. Again.

BEST OF THE REST

RB Ahmad Bradshaw — His final numbers (778 yards on 163 carries) weren’t Derrick Ward like, but Ward didn’t have to play with one and maybe two broken feet and two bad ankles. The fact that he was still out there making nasty cuts in Week 17 is really amazing. He’s tougher than I expected. He was also the Giants’ best running back and most dynamic weapon most of the time.

TE Kevin Boss — He took a licking and kept on ticking. Endured three big helmet-to-helmet hits and just kept getting right back up. He finished with 42 catches for 567 yards and five touchdowns and left us all with the feeling that he should’ve been used much more. By the way, he’s having surgery on his pinky a few days ago. I still think he’s tough, though.

DE Mathias Kiwanuka — The energy he brought to the lineup when he was named a starter after Thanksgiving was a stark contrast to the guy he was replacing. While he wasn’t always effective early as the third end, he was a steady pass-rushing presence over the final month. He also plays the run better than the guy he replaced, too. Whoever the defensive coordinator is next season has a tough decision on whom to keep in the starting role.

REST OF THE WORST

DE Osi Umenyiora — He was due a pass on his performance because he missed all of last year due to knee surgery, and there were times he did look like his old self on the rush. But he made things difficult on Sheridan right from the start, first by walking out on him in a preseason meeting, then by bickering with him over his playing time and role. His act grew stale with many in the organization, and with the media whom he constantly blew off during the season. The word that described him best this year, I believe, was petulant

S C.C. Brown — He became the poster child for the disintegrating defense, but I’m not sure if that’s fair. He was miscast from the start. His strength was playing the run, up near the line of scrimmage. He wasn’t a cover guy. But when Phillips went down, that’s what he was asked to be. It didn’t work, obviously. He did play the run well at times, though, which makes you wonder if his image would’ve been different if Phillips never got hurt.

The offensive line — Kevin Gilbride admitted it’s going to be tough to break this group up, but it’s obviously time. The surge in the running game wasn’t there like it used to be, and neither was the pass protection. Most of the times the problems seemed to be up the middle, and that was particularly evident in short-yardage situations. Whenever the coaches talked about the problems Jacobs was having in the running game, they discussed his hesitation when looking for holes to run through. In other words, those holes either weren’t very big or just weren’t there.

OFFSEASON NEEDS

• A good surgeon and some luck — Yeah, yeah, yeah, they don’t want to use injuries as an excuse (of course, they usually did anyway). But isn’t it possible that Madison Hedgecock’s shoulder, Brandon Jacobs’ knee, Ahmad Bradshaw’s feet and ankles, Rich Seubert’s shoulder and Kareem McKenzie’s back/groin/knee, and maybe even Kevin Boss’ pinky was a big reason why the running game struggled? And don’t you think Justin Tuck’s shoulder, Aaron Ross’ hamstring, Antonio Pierce’s neck, Kenny Phillips’ knee, Michael Johnson’s shoulder, Corey Webster’s knee, Michael Boley’s hip/knee and Chris Canty’s hamstring/calf/knee decimated the defense? When you write them all out like that, it’s kind of remarkable the Giants stayed in the race as long as they did.

• A middle linebacker — I don’t think Antonio Pierce is coming back, but even if he does it’ll only be for one more season. I’m not as excited about Jonathan Goff as I was before I saw him in the last few games. He may turn out to be good, but he’s not ready yet. He’s also not really a vocal type, and that would seemingly be important for that position. They should make this spot a priority in free agency. If not, hope a good one is sitting for them at Pick 15 in the draft.

• A safety — Kenny Phillips will be back, but his long-term health is an unknown - - no matter what the Giants or his agent say. It could be a tough road back for him and there’s no guarantee he’ll ever be the same. Regardless, he needs a partner back there. Michael Johnson and Aaron Rouse will suffice as the third and fourth safeties, but somebody else has to be brought in to start.

• A guard — Nobody got more out of his body over the years than Rich Seubert, but he wore down badly this year. Guards are so important in the running game and the Giants need to find a big, healthy, young one. I’d keep Seubert around and plug him into the old Grey Ruegamer role. He’d be good for his veteran presence and his ability to fill in at several spots in a pinch. But his days as a starter are likely done.

• A blocking tight end — Another reason for the demise of the running game? Poor blocking out of this spot. Boss was improved, but his value is as a receiver. Darcy Johnson’s blocking was terrible. Maybe Bear Pascoe is the guy to do the job.

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

• The uncapped year could present a one-time-only chance to dump players and just void the rest of their contracts - - something the Giants might have to think about with Brandon Jacobs. He’s got three years left on his four-year, $25 million deal, but he was awful this season and given all his injuries does anyone think he’s going to get better? Running backs tend to be interchangeable in this league. It may pay to find a younger, healthier, better option.

• Several people with connections to the Giants (but not inside the Giants) have now speculated to me that the team should or may consider a switch to a 3-4 defense. I’m not sure I see it, but I keep hearing it. Justin Tuck could be a 3-4 end, but I assume Mathias Kiwanuka would have to move back to linebacker. Clint Sintim is a natural on the other side. But I don’t think they’ve got a natural nose tackle on the team for next year. And since LBs aren’t exactly their strength, would they want to put more on the field? Again, I don’t see it. But I hear things.

• I would not cut kicker Lawrence Tynes, as I know many of you would. I think he’s a solid, accurate kicker with decent leg strength, and those are just too hard to find. The Giants trust him. That’s important. Having said that, the Giants need to stop with the ridiculous strategy of having him kickoff short (and yes, more often than not, it was apparently strategy). He’s got the leg strength to get the ball at least close to the end zone. Why are they so afraid of every good kick returner? Why not just let your coverage teams cover? And those coverage teams are really that bad that you can’t kick off deep … well, maybe Bill Sheridan isn’t the only coordinator who has (or had) some explaining to do.

• I didn’t understand it when the Giants drafted TE/H-Back Travis Beckum in the third round last April, and I still don’t get it. I have absolutely no idea how he fits in or how they intend to use him. I thought I’d learn the answer in December, in the wind and the cold, but I saw nothing. They say he’ll be a weapon, but he’ll fall behind four receivers, two running backs and Boss. And if he doesn’t start blocking better, he’s destined to only ever have a couple of plays a game. He probably could be a very good player. But he’s a very odd fit.

• I do understand why Ramses Barden, the 6-6 rookie receiver, was inactive most of the season. He was a project to begin with, didn’t play specials well enough to force the coach’s hands, and with the receivers playing well and mostly healthy there wasn’t an obvious spot for him on the active roster. I get it. But really, couldn’t the eight lineman or seventh linebacker sat just once during the team’s slide to sneak him into a game? When the Giants were struggling in the red zone - - pretty much all year - - would it have killed them to once put him in and see if he could be an option down there? Wouldn’t he have been a better guy to throw to down there than FB Madison Hedgecock or OL Kevin Boothe?

• Tom Coughlin and Jerry Reese deserve a chance to turn this mess around. I know many of you want the media to “turn up the heat” on them. I’m not sure what that means, though. They’re not going to be fired. Clearly they take a lot of responsibility for this. Reese’s free agent moves weren’t good, though bad luck was involved in some. Coughlin never seemed to have a good read on his team and stayed the course when dramatic changes seemed to be needed. But two years ago they teamed to build a Super Bowl champion. They had four straight trips to the playoffs. The Giants haven’t been under .500 since 2004 when they were playing with a rookie quarterback in the second half. By any measure, this is one of the most successful eras in Giants history. They at least get one year to fix this. … But only one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/01/a-look-back-at-a-miserable-season.html

does Ralph really think Tom Coughlin is the answer going forward.....baring another dynamic DC like Spags we are doomed in 2010 with Sleepy Tom at the helm

seems to me this is the right moment to make a change.....bring in Jon Gruden who took a similar Tampa Bay team to a SB win the 1st year he was there

taking over fro the equally Valium Personality- Tony Dungy

dont give me the Dungy success at the Colts......take away Peyton Manning and the Colts would have gone 8-8 every year Tony was there

does Ralph really think Tom Coughlin is the answer going forward.....baring another dynamic DC like Spags we are doomed in 2010 with Sleepy Tom at the helm

seems to me this is the right moment to make a change.....bring in Jon Gruden who took a similar Tampa Bay team to a SB win the 1st year he was there

taking over fro the equally Valium Personality- Tony Dungy

dont give me the Dungy success at the Colts......take away Peyton Manning and the Colts would have gone 8-8 every year Tony was there

Take away the Defense that Tony built in Tampa Bay for Gruden and Gruden doesnt make the playoffs his entire career in Tampa. Gruden is like Joey Porter both had a little success and are very over rated.

I don't see any reason to put heat on Jerry Reese. His signings, other than Rocky Bernard, have been very solid. He grabbed a future star at wide receiver. He set us up with some linebacker talent through the draft ...they just are young and/or haven't produced(Goff) or come to fruition(Sintim). At least you can say he's aggressive.

You can't debt the Canty signing quite yet, the guy was hurt all season and IMO, is a good option at nose tackle if we end up switching to a 3-4 with Jay Alford(whom this guy doesn't even mention once) being the perfect guy to rotate with him. You keep Osi and hopefully he spends this season working on some pass rush moves and possibly rehabbing and strengthening his knee some more(I'm hoping and praying he didn't suddenly become Jevon Kearse), Tuck comes back full strength next year...I feel you have to draft another DE early, prolly rounds 2-4, to keep a solid rotation going...and I think that that's a pretty solid 3-4 set up...though I don't exactly know if Canty and Alford are big enough to start at nose tackle.....

You move Kiwanuka to linebacker, Sintime to the other side, keep Goff at a middle spot, and draft or pick up another solid middle linebacker and that's a solid group of linebackers. I think Kiwanuka would probably be more effective being allowed to roam, anyway....and I don't even know where to put Boley, I forgot about him....

Phillips comes back, hopefully healthy for at least this coming season, Ross and Webster heal....we still got Terrell Thomas playing very well and probably not giving back his starting spot.....all we really need is another safety.....

I think this defense can be fixed.

Goff was hopeless as a MLBer....except for the Dallas game where the D line erased all errors....he did not have a clue as to how to QB a D.....and Boley was worse

he could not tackle, he can pressure the QB.....Blackburn should have run the D and ben the MLber bringing in Goff to rush the passer

We would have made the playoffs

Goff wasa DISASTER as full time MLBer .....even worse than the midget Pierce

Goff was hopeless as a MLBer....except for the Dallas game where the D line erased all errors....he did not have a clue as to how to QB a D.....and Boley was worse

he could not tackle, he can pressure the QB.....Blackburn should have run the D and ben the MLber bringing in Goff to rush the passer

We would have made the playoffs

Goff wasa DISASTER as full time MLBer .....even worse than the midget Pierce

And Blackburn was the worst. Face it, we need different MLBs. He would have got more PT if he was any better than Goff.

Blackburn uis a solid player

Goff a neophyte......the real problem is ol Tom Clueless

the wildcat NFLhas passed ol Tom by.........without Spags Coughlin got undressed

everybody wants to give the ol goat a pass.......to this day he cannot explain the demise of the team........CLUELESS

NOT ME, I want his axx GONE

The man at the top is ultimately responsible.......the team quit on Coughlin, thats inexcuseable and he has to go

leaving him to make another bad choice at DC is madness......the inmates running the asylum

the wildcat NFLhas passed ol Tom by.........without Spags Coughlin got undressed

everybody wants to give the ol goat a pass.......to this day he cannot explain the demise of the team........CLUELESS

The man at the top is ultimately responsible.......the team quit on Coughlin, thats inexcuseable and he has to go

leaving him to make another bad choice at DC is madness......the inmates running the asylum

Remember when the Fab 4 would say this non-stop on the Giants MB about how we will never win with Eli/Coughlin/Burress/Strahan ect ect about how the owners wouldn't admit their mistakes with Eli.

Good times and another reason why Jacky is a joke.

Yes, a Super Bowl champion, playoffs 4 of 6 years. He really needs to go, that bastard. Teams like the Bills and Lions haven't tasted the playoffs in more than a decade, and you want a Super Bowl champion coach let go because other teams are instituting the wildcat.

"The real problem" consisted of a defensive coordinator; who by all accounts, was ready to take the position(obviously he wasn't); who didn't have a clue what he was doing. A consistently injured defense with little to no depth, especially in the secondary. An inconsistent running game. A lousy red zone offense. And a lousy red zone defense. Not to mention we couldn't stop ANYONE on third down ALL season.

Bitch all you want about Tom Coughlin, but aside from putting faith in an assistant coach who was wet behind the ears and being unable to turn it back around, he didn't do much to MAKE the team lose. That was the complete lack of intensity, physicality, talent, and heart shown by the defense, the terrible schemes by his coordinator, and a total lack of leadership ON THE FIELD.

"BOO HHOOOO WE DIDN'T RUN HAKEEM NICKS IN THE WILDCAT!"

Your all as clueless as Tom clueless

ohhhhhhhh so Tom picked him, told him not to coach from the booth, and its all Sheridans fault

not the SFB who did not organize a league wide search for the best possible candidate for DC

no the lazy old bastard went with a known non entity

anndddd ol tom could not step in and rally the D..........he stood there and watched Shedidan go down the drain with our season

a real HC would have stepped in and remedied the situation himself

Tom is out of touch and you bird brains are going to be sorry you did not call for his replacement

SPAGS WON YOU A SUPER BOWL NOT OLD TOM THE CLUELESS ONE........we are headed for a tailspin unless we dump this guy for a real HC

God help us if this old guy gets to pick another doooozie of a DC

Your all as clueless as Tom clueless

ohhhhhhhh so Tom picked him, told him not to coach from the booth, and its all Sheridans fault

not the SFB who did not organize a league wide search for the best possible candidate for DC

no the lazy old bastard went with a known non entity

anndddd ol tom could not step in and rally the D..........he stood there and watched Shedidan go down the drain with our season

a real HC would have stepped in and remedied the situation himself

Tom is out of touch and you bird brains are going to be sorry you did not call for his replacement

SPAGS WON YOU A SUPER BOWL NOT OLD TOM THE CLUELESS ONE........we are headed for a tailspin unless we dump this guy for a real HC

God help us if this old guy gets to pick another doooozie of a DC

LOL. Like coaching from the booth would have suddenly made his schemes not suck.

The Giants seem to try to keep their coordinators in house with the exception of Spagnulo. Sheridan spent two years under the marvelous Steve Spagnuolo, anyway.It was a good choice that just didn't pan out. How could anyone know that Sheridan wasn't fit for the job until he tried it?

You need to seriously take a step back and actually reassess the team that was actually on the field. I'd say it's equally the fault of the defensive players as it was Sheridan's, anyway. And our offense by no means played lights out even when they had a chance to go to the playoffs if they won two in a row.

Tom Coughlin is an offensive coach, why would he "step in" to rally the defense? It's one thing to fire the guy mid season if he's your coordinator, if you're Coughlin, but Coughlin doesn't coach defenses. That's the defensive coordinator's job and the player's job to motivate and rally themselves---and they have millions of reasons to.

You call him Coach Cheerleader, don't you? That's you I'm thinking of, right? And you want him to do exactly that? Come in and rah, rah, rah those defensive guys? Good logic. That would have helped, loads. Point is, if the players can't be motivated on their own---no---if not a single player can step up and take the lead on the field as the leader of the defense, how is a head coach supposed to help by telling them that they have a shit load to play for?

LOL. Like coaching from the booth would have suddenly made his schemes not suck.

The Giants seem to try to keep their coordinators in house with the exception of Spagnulo. Sheridan spent two years under the marvelous Steve Spagnuolo, anyway.It was a good choice that just didn't pan out. How could anyone know that Sheridan wasn't fit for the job until he tried it?

You need to seriously take a step back and actually reassess the team that was actually on the field. I'd say it's equally the fault of the defensive players as it was Sheridan's, anyway. And our offense by no means played lights out even when they had a chance to go to the playoffs if they won two in a row.

Tom Coughlin is an offensive coach, why would he "step in" to rally the defense? It's one thing to fire the guy mid season if he's your coordinator, if you're Coughlin, but Coughlin doesn't coach defenses. That's the defensive coordinator's job and the player's job to motivate and rally themselves---and they have millions of reasons to.

You call him Coach Cheerleader, don't you? That's you I'm thinking of, right? And you want him to do exactly that? Come in and rah, rah, rah those defensive guys? Good logic. That would have helped, loads. Point is, if the players can't be motivated on their own---no---if not a single player can step up and take the lead on the field as the leader of the defense, how is a head coach supposed to help by telling them that they have a shit load to play for?

your too young to remember Vince Lombardi the former OC of the Giants while Tom Landry coached the D

Lombardi though an offensive guy had no problem rallying everyone in Lambeau field.....he was a team leader not just an offensive leader

Tom cannot and will not rally the troops, Tom thinks like you....they get paid and they should perform......hes a horrible motivator which I think is 90% of the HC job

No I do not expect him to rally the D.....I don't expect him to rally anyone.......ITS NOT IN HIM......just like I don;t expect Pierce to be an athlete.....He's not athletic

What I do expect is a continuous downward spiral until we get a real HC.....Pierce is gone....now lets get rid of all the dead wood

your too young to remember Vince Lombardi the former OC of the Giants while Tom Landry coached the D

Lombardi though an offensive guy had no problem rallying everyone in Lambeau field.....he was a team leader not just an offensive leader

Tom cannot and will not rally the troops, Tom thinks like you....they get paid and they should perform......hes a horrible motivator which I think is 90% of the HC job

No I do not expect him to rally the D.....I don't expect him to rally anyone.......ITS NOT IN HIM......just like I don;t expect Pierce to be an athlete.....He's not athletic

What I do expect is a continuous downward spiral until we get a real HC.....Pierce is gone....now lets get rid of all the dead wood

The Head Coach's job is 90% to game plan and get his coordinators on the right page. You can't do that if your defensive coordinator refuses to play to the team's strengths.

Paid athletes shouldn't need any motivation. And a real Head Coach gets his players to the Super Bowl. Scratch that, a good head coach gets his team to the Super Bowl.

You think like Osi Umenyiora.

Yeah Man What a downword Spiral. 2007 SB Win / 2008 1 Seed in NFC / OK 2009 we had some problems. So what all teams go thru it. The Freaking Steelers Last Years SB winner did not even make the playoffs.

Jak Why don't you pull your head out your ass long enough to realzie that coughlin has presided over one of the best tenures of a Giants era in the History of the team.

Yeah Man What a downword Spiral. 2007 SB Win / 2008 1 Seed in NFC / OK 2009 we had some problems. So what all teams go thru it. The Freaking Steelers Last Years SB winner did not even make the playoffs.

Jak Why don't you pull your head out your ass long enough to realzie that coughlin has presided over one of the best tenures of a Giants era in the History of the team.

If nothing else, his legacy here alone should be enough to grant him another year and the benefit of the doubt in believing this year was an anomaly.

let me illiterate to your passion

the moment Spags announced he was leaving the teams downward spiral began.....the air went out of the balloon

we've lost a lot of games since that day......in my opinion spags could no longer motivate once he prematurely announced he was going

this year we could only beat bad teams

next year the bad teams will start beating us under coughlin

then the real changes will come

yes with an IQ over 140, me trying to reason with you is like you trying to reason with a garden slug

Having an IQ of over 140 myself, It's not necessarily a sign of wisdom. Being pretty intelligent sometimes means we overanalayze a problem. We tend to look at life thru X's and O's... when life is far more complicated than to be solved withe a formula... You maybe smart Jack, but somehow you speak before you think... what gives?

yes with an IQ over 140, me trying to reason with you is like you trying to reason with a garden slug

hahaha, those who are bright don't need to tell others they're bright.

How do you mean a pass for 3 years? He took us to the playoffs just last year.

let me illiterate to your passion

the moment Spags announced he was leaving the teams downward spiral began.....the air went out of the balloon

we've lost a lot of games since that day......in my opinion spags could no longer motivate once he prematurely announced he was going

this year we could only beat bad teams

next year the bad teams will start beating us under coughlin

then the real changes will come

Yeah, We have lost 8 games. Because Our Defense fell completely flat scheme wise and Health wise.

So they fired the DC. Seems like an appropriate adjustment to make.

And if your IQ is 140 than I am Albert Einstein

Dont mess with Jacky he has an IQ of 140 therefor he is an internet tough guy.

Even if you have an IQ of that number Jacky you still have proved time and time again you dont know anything about the game of football and once again have shown why no one on this board cares about what you say. You might as well just be talking to yourself in the mirror........which I'm sure you do.