SportsWrath

A look back at a miserable season

Mr. P

Having an IQ of over 140 myself, It's not necessarily a sign of wisdom. Being pretty intelligent sometimes means we overanalayze a problem. We tend to look at life thru X's and O's... when life is far more complicated than to be solved withe a formula... You maybe smart Jack, but somehow you speak before you think... what gives?

Having the IQ of a slug myself, it seems to me that someone having an IQ over 140 would know the difference "maybe" and "may be".

Just sayin'. :busted_cop:

Having the IQ of a slug myself, it seems to me that someone having an IQ over 140 would know the difference "maybe" and "may be".

Just sayin'. :busted_cop:

Well, at least he knows the difference between "your" and "you're"....Jack doesn't.

"Your all as clueless as Tom clueless"

Well, at least he knows the difference between "your" and "you're"....Jack doesn't.

"Your all as clueless as Tom clueless"

True. I was just bustin' Nas' balls. For all the shit he gets around here, he's generally a good sport about it.

lol,140

you guys crack me up

IQ Scores & Ratings

What is a good IQ score? What is a high IQ score? What is a low IQ score? These are common questions, particularly after someone finds out their score from an IQ test.

Lewis Terman (1916) developed the original notion of IQ and proposed this scale for classifying IQ scores:

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

A mere 1 point separates "Dullness" and "Normal - Average". 1 point.

A mere 1 point separates "Dullness" and "Normal - Average". 1 point.

It is an exponential scale.....one point on the lower end means a lot more than one point on the higher end. Under 70 is Mild MR....in fact Borderlines are referred to as Borderline MR. The really bad place to be is to be Borderline MR and also have a mental health diagnosis. Mental Health Institutions will try to reject your placement as you are too low functioning....MR institutions will reject your placement as you are too high functioning. Its all about budgets....where the money is going to come from. A significant number of the homeless fall into this category. I had an adult male who scored a 69 ...Mild/Borderline MR....who was also schizophrenic....as I would go to work sometimes he would be begging on the E train. All adults who are MR receive lifetime free services including residential placement. I used to tell him off as the "real" homeless had to sleep on the trains. :jerkoff:

It is an exponential scale.....one point on the lower end means a lot more than one point on the higher end. Under 70 is Mild MR....in fact Borderlines are referred to as Borderline MR. The really bad place to be is to be Borderline MR and also have a mental health diagnosis. Mental Health Institutions will try to reject your placement as you are too low functioning....MR institutions will reject your placement as you are too high functioning. Its all about budgets....where the money is going to come from. A significant number of the homeless fall into this category. I had an adult male who scored a 69 ...Mild/Borderline MR....who was also schizophrenic....as I would go to work sometimes he would be begging on the E train. All adults who are MR receive lifetime free services including residential placement. I used to tell him off as the "real" homeless had to sleep on the trains. :jerkoff:

I forgot to include the link which lists percentages and what they mean.

What is a 'high' IQ?

Interesting stuff, just too long to cut and paste in a hijacked thread. :doh:

lol,140

you guys crack me up

haha yah, 140 and above is genius...I mean, Nas seems pretty smart, but I don't know many people I would consider a genius...he's prolly more like a 139 :laugh:

Having an IQ of over 140 myself, It's not necessarily a sign of wisdom. Being pretty intelligent sometimes means we overanalayze a problem. We tend to look at life thru X's and O's... when life is far more complicated than to be solved withe a formula... You maybe smart Jack, but somehow you speak before you think... what gives?

I'm not over-analyzing anything Nas

The ancient Greeks, still to this date the worlds most advanced civilization, revered one quality over all others including intelligence- Passion

Tom is unable to convey passion though he might have some......look at Rex Ryan, now there is a passionate leader as was Lombardi.....If this talented 2009 team lacked anything blaring it was passion.....and I do not blame poor sheridan for total team dysfunction

PS- BTW........... my little slugs, pure spelling ability is a sign of nothing other than pure memory and neatness (im not), and penmanship....you can spell well and be a total idiot....which some of you undoubtedly are

I forgot to include the link which lists percentages and what they mean.

What is a 'high' IQ?

Interesting stuff, just too long to cut and paste in a hijacked thread. :doh:

Yeah I feel ya....I used to do a lot of testing back in the day...but I was generally dealing with the lower end of the scale rather than the higher. I am not a big devotee of the scores...other than the accuracy of the extremes...genius level and low level (MR). They have been used far too often to prove superiority/inferiority in far too many occasions and the vast majority of us fall within the average range. And a lot of the score is based on cultural artifacts....in a lot of ways they are more tests of knowledge and thinking styles rather than tests of "true" intelligence. ;)