SportsWrath

Some photos of new stadium

so-cal dub

An older photo, but it shows you just how much larger the new stadium is than Giants Stadium.

meadow10950.jpg

Who cares? Like Yankee stadium the CAPACITY is smaller and there is two teams in the stadium and it's still in New Jersey. <_< I am really sick of sports franchises creating artificial scarcity.

Who cares? Like Yankee stadium the CAPACITY is smaller and there is two teams in the stadium and it's still in New Jersey. <_< I am really sick of sports franchises creating artificial scarcity.

i thought the capacity was higher- like 84k, no?

dont really like it

comparing it to the Cowboys Stadium it looks pretty old school

and why did this cost $1 billion..........NO Roof, NO HVAC.........I don't get it

Its OK, thats all I can say

hopefully the beauty is in the interior amenities, locker rooms, restaurants etc

dont really like it

comparing it to the Cowboys Stadium it looks pretty old school

and why did this cost $1 billion..........NO Roof, NO HVAC.........I don't get it

Its OK, thats all I can say

hopefully the beauty is in the interior amenities, locker rooms, restaurants etc

Cowboys stadium is fucking retarded and shouldnt be compared to anything football related. Its a god damn smack to football.

Cowboys stadium is fucking retarded and shouldnt be compared to anything football related. Its a god damn smack to football.

From a business standpoint, Cowboys stadium kicks ass. Sure the oversized and too low screen is stupid but it's an event venue where events other than football once a week happen. I find it odd that they have a retractable roof in fucking Dallas but not one in NY/NJ... did they ever think maybe that's the one factor why NY is never getting SB games?

Guest StrahansGap

I wouldn't give a shit if the Giants played on a high school field next to the dumps on Staten Island. But for christs' sake....can we get some fucking linebackers and a new defensive coordinator? I mean enough is enough already. :ranting2:

From a business standpoint, Cowboys stadium kicks ass. Sure the oversized and too low screen is stupid but it's an event venue where events other than football once a week happen. I find it odd that they have a retractable roof in fucking Dallas but not one in NY/NJ... did they ever think maybe that's the one factor why NY is never getting SB games?

this is true but the super bowl belongs in a warm weather climate anyway. odd to me was that neither yankee stadium or shea decided to build a retractable roof. especially yankee with all their late october games.

Giants Stadium Capacity: 80242

New Stadium Capacity: 82500

And that's with those 4 big ass video screens taking up spots where the seats would be.

I'm suprised, I remember reading somewhere it was smaller. Still, there is a problem of artificial scarcity in all pro sports.

this is true but the super bowl belongs in a warm weather climate anyway. odd to me was that neither yankee stadium or shea decided to build a retractable roof. especially yankee with all their late october games.

I agree but late october pales in comparison to January.

I agree but late october pales in comparison to January.

Football is a game that is meant to be played in the elements. If the Giants ever build a dome, i will become a Buffalo Bills fan.

I wonder how this stadium is going to play in the winds out on the meadowlands. The roundness of the current stadium made that wind swirl, this one almost has corners, I bet that will make field goal kicking even more difficult.

2780586900100987497S500x500Q85.jpg

Football is a game that is meant to be played in the elements. If the Giants ever build a dome, i will become a Buffalo Bills fan.

I wonder how this stadium is going to play in the winds out on the meadowlands. The roundness of the current stadium made that wind swirl, this one almost has corners, I bet that will make field goal kicking even more difficult.

2780586900100987497S500x500Q85.jpg

hah i agree its meant to be played in the elements but i sure as shit wouldnt become a bills fan, you wouldnt either.

and since the roundness makes the wind swirl maybe the squareness of this one would help?

hah i agree its meant to be played in the elements but i sure as shit wouldnt become a bills fan, you wouldnt either.

and since the roundness makes the wind swirl maybe the squareness of this one would help?

i do not know, I really do not think I could be a fan of a team that plays in a dome. You know first thing that happens they turn into a finesse team that tries to score 50 points a game. That is not football as I know it... I picked Bills since they are NY, and that is who my wife likes.. but Steelers could be another possibility.

As for the wind, it will be interesting, i would think that sort of setup would create a cross wind but I am sure they tested out the model in a wind tunnel.