Our second corner on kickoff weekend:  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will our 2nd corner be?

• R.W. McQuarters
    • Curtis Deloatch
    • Corey Webster
    • Drafted corner

Who will play 2nd corner for us? Why?

I say Cory, because he's young, quick, and is a ballhawk.... of course they are all going to fight for it, but I'm sure Cory will get it... Deloatch ruined his chance

Sam madison will be first and i think it will be a GOOD fight for the 2nd spot between R.W. and Corey, but i think R.W. wins it because of his xperience.....but corey will def. be number 1 next year!

Guest CoachLubrano
I say Cory, because he's young, quick, and is a ballhawk.... of course they are all going to fight for it, but I'm sure Cory will get it... Deloatch ruined his chance

At this time, I as well feel Corey will be our second corner. He definitely has the physical abilities to be a solid NFL corner. He seems a little lost at times, but it's pretty evident we got a pretty good bargain, and the coaches seem to be pretty high on him.

At this time, I as well feel Corey will be our second corner. He definitely has the physical abilities to be a solid NFL corner. He seems a little lost at times, but it's pretty evident we got a pretty good bargain, and the coaches seem to be pretty high on him.

It's all going to come together once he gets more game time... right now he's still trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL... Kinda like Eli did his first year

Disagree on Deloatch. He was thrust into a starting spot. He'll only improve.

He gets burnt to much...he commitsall his speed in one direction then gets cut on... he had one or two good games this year... he will be talented, but Cory will start

Guest CoachLubrano

DeLoatch definitely didn't completey ruin his chances, but he showed he definitely wasn't ready to be a #2 NFL corner yet. I think we all knew that anyway.

My observations on him are this:

At 6'2", he's obviously going to be a more physical rather than agile type corner. He seems to be at his best against receivers that try to play more of a physical game rather than a speed game. His strenghts are jamming the receiver at the line, and he does seem to recognize what's going on when the ball is in the air. However, he might realize what is going on, but he doesn't seem to have the cutting ability and recovery time to make a serious impact in the secondary at this time. I've heard that he was a safety first, and he definitely seems more like a safety to me.

Can this be helped out with more work on technique? Only time will tell, but I agree, his best days are ahead of him.

Guest CoachLubrano
Peterson and Madison will be 1 and 2.

I really hope Will Peterson can make a miraculous comeback, but don't count on it.

DeLoatch definitely didn't completey ruin his chances, but he showed he definitely wasn't ready to be a #2 NFL corner yet. I think we all knew that anyway.

My observations on him are this:

At 6'2", he's obviously going to be a more physical rather than agile type corner. He seems to be at his best against receivers that try to play more of a physical game rather than a speed game. His strenghts are jamming the receiver at the line, and he does seem to recognize what's going on when the ball is in the air. However, he might realize what is going on, but he doesn't seem to have the cutting ability and recovery time to make a serious impact in the secondary at this time. I've heard that he was a safety first, and he definitely seems more like a safety to me.

Can this be helped out with more work on technique? Only time will tell, but I agree, his best days are ahead of him.

the coachs seem to want to give deloatch more chances...

From what i read the scouts take is he's got the physical tools and then some, it's the mental asepct of the game that killing him

Guest CoachLubrano

From what i read the scouts take is he's got the physical tools and then some, it's the mental asepct of the game that killing him

Quite possibly, but from what I've seen, he tends to be in good position, but when the ball is thrown on a rope, he seems to have trouble recovering and breaking on the ball. He seems to lack ideal fluidity in the hips - a reason most corners are sub 6 feet.

It could be a combination of that and the mental aspect. He does seem to play the man rather than the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on the guy at all. He had a lot of balls to step in there and line up against world class athletes, and he didn't do a great job, but considering he was an undrafted free agent, it could have been worse.

He's still young, and more than likely he will improve.

Guest Floyd The Barber

thats fantastic then...lets keep playing a weak link...

if it were any other team, the above spec.'s on a player would qualify them for dismissal...but being a member of the NYG org. you need no mental apptitude to remain on a roster...

the better question is, WHO ARE GOING TO BE OUR #1 AND #2 CORNERS ??

Madison sucks, and we are in far worse position at CB then this time last year...its pathetic

Quite possibly, but from what I've seen, he tends to be in good position, but when the ball is thrown on a rope, he seems to have trouble recovering and breaking on the ball. He seems to lack ideal fluidity in the hips - a reason most corners are sub 6 feet.

It could be a combination of that and the mental aspect. He does seem to play the man rather than the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on the guy at all. He had a lot of balls to step in there and line up against world class athletes, and he didn't do a great job, but considering he was an undrafted free agent, it could have been worse.

He's still young, and more than likely he will improve.

good points but the guy had be screaming during the eagles game, he was out of position and flat out got burned in that game...

but your right his potential out weights a couple of bad games..

the guy is young..

As do I, but I too have my doubts. However, the original post asked "as of now" and last I checked, Peterson was still on the roster.

Giants | W. Peterson not expected to resume career

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:13:54 -0800

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants CB Will Peterson (back) is not expected to be able to resume his career. He has been injured with stress fractures in his back the past two years and is currently not working out with the team.

http://www.kffl.com/player/1269/NFL

Guest CoachLubrano

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'm referring to. I feel for the guy - such a serious injury is never a great way to end your career. Not to mention the amount of pain and suffering he has to go through for the rest of his life anyway.

Funny, they keep saying Madison will take Allen's vacated LCB spot, yet Allen was the RCB while Webster was the LCB. Going by #1's and #2's, the LCB is usually the #1 CB and the RCB is usually the #2 if you are going by a teams full list of CBs. Naturally you would see the teams best CB playing LCB while the second best is playing RCB, even though there are plenty of exceptions like this year, Madison>Webster. Look at the Eagles Sheldon Brown>Lito Sheppard, for the Bucs also with Ronde Barber>Brian Kelly, the Packers Al Harris>Ahmad Carroll, and some others. Madison and Webster will start like many people have stated, with McQuarters and Deloatch sharing the nickel back spot and one playing some safety.