SportsWrath

Don't read into this

Lughead

Oh captain, my captain

This is one of those things that Tom Coughlin would almost certainly warn us not to read too much into.

Nevertheless …

Among the five people picked to be the captains for tonight's gameagainst the Jets were WR Derek Hagan and CB Terrell Thomas. As youknow, Thomas has been battling Kevin Dockery for the nickelback job - -and possibly a starting job if Aaron Ross' hamstring isn't better byopening day. And Hagan has been battling David Tyree for the seventhreceiver spot - - if there even is a seventh spot.

Tyree, who has had a terrible summer, is already out tonight with ahamstring injury. Hagan being named a captain for a game is a sign ofrespect that doesn't bode well for Tyree.

As for Thomas, he has clearly out-played Dockery all summer. TheGiants haven't announced yet who'll be starting for Ross tonight,though a team spokesman said the two are expected to split time.

The other three captains, by the way, are DE Justin Tuck, G Rich Seubert and G Chris Snee.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz0PcMOcnNi

eeny meeny miney moe Out the door some one must go.

Clearly Hagan will displace Tyree

I sure the fuck hope not. He sucks.

Superbowl hero or not.....either way, looks like Tyree is going closer and closer to the Exit sign. I hope he makes the team in one capacity or another, but as of now it looks bleak.

Its just that while Tyree might not show a lot of ability on the field during practice continuously, he's got some kind of special mojo in those big games where he will eat grass or suck-ass all game but might come up with that ONE special game changing play.

Lets see how it pans out.

Superbowl hero or not.....either way, looks like Tyree is going closer and closer to the Exit sign. I hope he makes the team in one capacity or another, but as of now it looks bleak.

Its just that while Tyree might not show a lot of ability on the field during practice continuously, he's got some kind of special mojo in those big games where he will eat grass or suck-ass all game but might come up with that ONE special game changing play.

Lets see how it pans out.

He's a special teams player who made the biggest catch of the super bowl. Lots of love for him but I can't think of a single other catch he's made that was the difference of a game, or even a large part of a game. There are many other players we can have on the team that can play special teams and do more offensively.

Judging by last night's game, it is Moss who is being shown to the door.

From the NYPost:

For the first time in his four-year Giants career, Sinorice Moss expressed deep frustration about the way he was used -- or, more aptly, wasn't used -- in last night's 27-25 preseason loss to the Jets.

Moss barely played. After starters Domenik Hixon and Steve Smith exited, Mario Manningham and rookies Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden came off the bench while Moss sat.

Moss didn't make his first appearance until he returned a kickoff (for 25 yards) midway through the third quarter. Moss also was on the field in the fourth quarter to field a punt but he let it past him and it rolled back to the Giants' 1-yard line.

"You have to ask the coach," a clearly perturbed Moss said. "I have no explanation. I really don't know what to say about what happened. When I did step on the field, I went out and did my best."

Asked if it was the most frustrated he's ever been, Moss said. "Of course, you don't think I'll be frustrated? I am. There's nothing I can do. I'm not the coach."

Derek Hagan also got on the field more than Moss. After attracting praise for staying healthy and playing solidly this summer, last night was a truer indication of what the Giants coaching staff really thinks. This might be the end of the line for Moss.

"I'm not worried about it at all," Moss said. "There's no need to stress myself out worrying about what's going on. Hey, [they] brought these guys in for a reason, they used 'em tonight to see what they could do and they did real well. I know what I can do for this team. I've been saying that since I've been here."

I sure the fuck hope not. He sucks.

from an article

Derek Hagan:Two catches, both on wide receiver screens. Hagan showed the ability toget some yards after catch on both plays, ending up with 25 yards. Healso worked hard to get out of bounds on one catch as the Giants weretrying to rally for a late score. Finally, Hagan flashed a little ofwhat he has been showing during practice in a real game.

I think you are spot on with the most likely scenario. Moss is clearly out of favor with the coaches and they always keep a WR on the practice squad and Hagan has earned it.

I think Moss is actually done now as he was tried on STs and still failed. If you aren't playing in the 3rd preseason game, typically when starters play the most, then pack your bags. The only surprise I can see is that Hagan may beat both Tyree and Moss.

I think Moss is actually done now as he was tried on STs and still failed. If you aren't playing in the 3rd preseason game, typically when starters play the most, then pack your bags. The only surprise I can see is that Hagan may beat both Tyree and Moss.

He patented the "run full speed for 5 yds after fielding the kickoff, then just go into fetal position when the first defender approaches" technique. :angry: