SportsWrath

How would you guys feel about Halladay?

so-cal dub

Supposedly, the BJs are interested in acquiring Joba. If it's a deal with Joba as the centerpiece, I say pull the trigger...but only if Joba is never going to make our bp again. Hughes I still get get myself to say OK on. I still think Hughes has tremendous potential.

If the Giants get Halliday- and they could for 2 of their prospects and maybe sanchez- they wouldn't need much else to go far in the playoffs.. I'd want him to commit to more than 1.5 yrs though.

But, you have Zito... why would you need Halladay? :confused:

Seriously, the Giants would be a good fit for him.

But, you have Zito... why would you need Halladay? :confused:

Seriously, the Giants would be a good fit for him.

hardy har har-

zito may be the reason we can't afford him. but halladay would terrorize NL hitters.

hardy har har-

zito may be the reason we can't afford him. but halladay would terrorize NL hitters.

Halladay may be the best pitcher in the game right now. To put up his numbers playing so many games against those offenses in the AL East is amazing. Whoever gets him is getting him for a while i think, he doesn't seem to be one of those guys that bounce around from team to team. My guess is whoever gets him signs him long term.

Supposedly, the BJs are interested in acquiring Joba. If it's a deal with Joba as the centerpiece, I say pull the trigger...but only if Joba is never going to make our bp again. Hughes I still get get myself to say OK on. I still think Hughes has tremendous potential.

Joba has the potential, too. He just has to mature a little bit.

Past experience tells me Halliday won't come cheap for the Yankees. Something like Joba, Hughes and Montero, and I'm sure against all that.

PS Too bad the Mets don't have someone to trade. That would keep him out of the div., and help them beat the Fillies.

if the giants were to acquire doc, theyd have the best rotations in baseball by far...possibly one of the best of all times.

Bluna, I really like what theyre doing in SF with their oitching staff...iminage if they never traded for pierzinski(sp?)

oh, Id love to get halladay, but if they want joba or hughes along with Montero and two other top prospect like AJ and Bentances I dont think Id do it. But I would give them joba or hughes and betances and say a guy like robertson or melancon and not think twice.

the only thing that worries me is halladays injury history, he has had many trips to the dl in his career and although he isnt really old, he is not a kid either. Id be wary on how much id give up for him. but id love to have him..who wouldnt?

oh, Id love to get halladay, but if they want joba or hughes along with Montero and two other top prospect like AJ and Bentances I dont think Id do it. But I would give them joba or hughes and betances and say a guy like robertson or melancon and not think twice.

the only thing that worries me is halladays injury history, he has had many trips to the dl in his career and although he isnt really old, he is not a kid either. Id be wary on how much id give up for him. but id love to have him..who wouldnt?

There is some stat website that tracks "pitcher abuse". In the past 3 seasons #1 is Sabathia. #2 is Hallady. The cost of both prospects and MLB ready players is too much for me.

I think VG's going to be quite happy. I think the Rangers are going to take the leap. You know Hicks is the kind of guy that will go for something like this. The Phillies are cooling on the deal reportedly... perhaps just to see if the price will go down. But I don't see the Phillies doing it, anyway... because they know they will have to give him mega bucks in a long term deal, and that's not their usual modus operandi.

if the giants were to acquire doc, theyd have the best rotations in baseball by far...possibly one of the best of all times.

Bluna, I really like what theyre doing in SF with their oitching staff...iminage if they never traded for pierzinski(sp?)

joe nathan is super nasty but wilson is a serviceable closer. luriano hasn't been able to stay healthy after tearing up the league- i don't know where bonser went. AJ was an ass.

I think VG's going to be quite happy. I think the Rangers are going to take the leap. You know Hicks is the kind of guy that will go for something like this. The Phillies are cooling on the deal reportedly... perhaps just to see if the price will go down. But I don't see the Phillies doing it, anyway... because they know they will have to give him mega bucks in a long term deal, and that's not their usual modus operandi.

Hicks is a cheap fuck, no way he signs off on trading for Halladay. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up what they'll want anyway, plus with all the teams interested the price is gonna go up. Word is the Jays already want Smoak and two top minor league pitchers.

Nah, stick to the plan and spend that money in the offseason to add starting pitching, just because we're above .500 for the first time in 20 years doesn't mean we suddenly need to make another deal like the one we made the Padres. (albeit getting Halladay would be a bit of an improvement over Adam Eaton)

If George Steinbrenner was still running things in yankeeland, Halladay would have been a yankee 2 weeks ago....and that means he would have traded Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero, Austin Jackson, Mark Melancon, Zach McAlister, George Kontos, Dellin Betances and Austin Romine for him.

I wouldnt mind getting Halladay. I would rather just pay money and not trade anyone. I dont like the current baseball model of trades, why should I have to give them anyone when Im taking salary off of their hands or when the players contract expires soon afterwards? Add to this the fact that Toronto has forbidden contract extension discussions with halladay before a trade is in place and it really looks like a medieval system.

If George Steinbrenner was still running things in yankeeland, Halladay would have been a yankee 2 weeks ago....and that means he would have traded Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero, Austin Jackson, Mark Melancon, Zach McAlister, George Kontos, Dellin Betances and Austin Romine for him.

We have two people in the farm system named "Austin"?