SportsWrath

Madden Ratings (New York Giants)

Bigblue25

Well I won't be buying this years edition.

They were pretty stingy with the speed all around it appears, and have some really questionable ratings throughout. Eli's arm strength at 88? I know he ain't Favre, but he's got a fairly strong arm.

Barden at 66 with 82 speed?

Steve Smith at 76? He was 83 last year!

I also think an early 2nd round LB should be rated a little better than 74, of course Boley is only 82 so...

Phillips at 78 is rather shocking as well.

They were pretty stingy with the speed all around it appears, and have some really questionable ratings throughout. Eli's arm strength at 88? I know he ain't Favre, but he's got a fairly strong arm.

Barden at 66 with 82 speed?

Steve Smith at 76? He was 83 last year!

I also think an early 2nd round LB should be rated a little better than 74, of course Boley is only 82 so...

Phillips at 78 is rather shocking as well.

Yeah they totally dissed us. Even if their dissing is comparable to other teams (AKA the 49ers or Raiders being an entirely 70 team) I am not going to send money to a group that scouted the Giants so poorly.

Doesnt matter what the ratings are, I still beat anyone with the Giants.

Though the Madden series has been going down hill since Madden '05, last years was an upgrade-ish but it brought about another whole shit load of problems/flaws to the gameplay. I'm keeping my eye on this years version but so far I'm not expecting much.

:TU:

Exactly. With no competition EA will do the bare minimum with the Madden franchise.

Unfortunately Sega the publishers of the 2K football series has dropped it entirely and no publisher out there wants to pick it up. Unless the NFL decides not to sell exclusively to EA, I doubt you will see any other licensed NFL game out there besides Madden.