SportsWrath

I think Amani will be missed more than Plax

JackStroud

Not just as a player, but a role model and pillar of sanity and professional behavior

I cannot think of a classier individual who ever played for us

Dear Jakk , i agree with you for once about Toomer

However it is perhaps ironic that you are the '' pillar of insanity'' on the Sportswrath MB

Kind regards

UK

Dear Jakk , i agree with you for once about Toomer

However it is perhaps ironic that you are the '' pillar of insanity'' on the Sportswrath MB

Kind regards

UK

In what regard? I do not agree with you.....ergo I'm insane? That's a bit pompous of you no? Now go back over to your Antonio shrine room and blow your toy airhorn a few times

With regard to Toomer I was reading and article in a magazine, and interview with Amani today.

Incredibly he never lifted weights. He said it tightened him up.

His routine consisted of Eliptical (1 Hr per day) yoga, workouts with a personal trainer (calisthetics), and Judo/Karate.

He followed no particular diet....said he just ate only when hungry.

On alternate days he goes for a long run in the evenings......no weights

He did not mention his Giants teammates but talked about the SB win, and the year 2000 SB loss....said Coughlin told the team to forget about SB celebration unless they won. Coughlin told the Giants if they lost they would not be in the mood to do any partying.....Amani concurred remembering the former appearance.

He did mention Shockey, Ron Dixon, and Ketih Hamilton as the biggest party animals he ever played with. it amazed him they could play football after a night on the town.

He did praise Strahan and said they helped each other through the tribulations of a bad divorce at the same times.

He expects to keep playing as long as his body holds out. I would not be suprised to see Amani hook back up with a contender. Perhaps Miami, NE.......maybe Buffalo or Minn......how about Amani in Green?....or wearing the Star?

Hey if the Giants do not want him he has a right to continue on whereever. i hope he does not play the the Giants division though.

All seem possible to me.....we should learn to treat our giants career leaders- Tiki, Amani etc with reverence and respect. I don't think Coughlin is the easiest guy to work for....having said that Amani did NOT badmouth him....all he sais was Tom is Tom and he's not changing.

As fo Strahan i just do not like the guys personality.......as a football player he deserves to go to Canton.....and more for the all round play and run stopping, than the tainted single season sack record.

In what regard? I do not agree with you.....ergo I'm insane? That's a bit pompous of you no? Now go back over to your Antonio shrine room and blow your toy airhorn a few times

With regard to Toomer I was reading and article in a magazine, and interview with Amani today.

Incredibly he never lifted weights. He said it tightened him up.

His routine consisted of Eliptical (1 Hr per day) yoga, workouts with a personal trainer (calisthetics), and Judo/Karate.

He followed no particular diet....said he just ate only when hungry.

On alternate days he goes for a long run in the evenings......no weights

He did not mention his Giants teammates but talked about the SB win, and the year 2000 SB loss....said Coughlin told the team to forget about SB celebration unless they won. Coughlin told the Giants if they lost they would not be in the mood to do any partying.....Amani concurred remembering the former appearance.

He did mention Shockey, Ron Dixon, and Ketih Hamilton as the biggest party animals he ever played with. it amazed him they could play football after a night on the town.

He did praise Strahan and said they helped each other through the tribulations of a bad divorce at the same times.

He expects to keep playing as long as his body holds out. I would not be suprised to see Amani hook back up with a contender. Perhaps Miami, NE.......maybe Buffalo or Minn......how about Amani in Green?....or wearing the Star?

Hey if the Giants do not want him he has a right to continue on whereever. i hope he does not play the the Giants division though.

All seem possible to me.....we should learn to treat our giants career leaders- Tiki, Amani etc with reverence and respect. I don't think Coughlin is the easiest guy to work for....having said that Amani did NOT badmouth him....all he sais was Tom is Tom and he's not changing.

As fo Strahan i just do not like the guys personality.......as a football player he deserves to go to Canton.....and more for the all round play and run stopping, than the tainted single season sack record.

:clap:

Okay which mod is using Jack's account? Good post and I think he will be on a team as a replacement. There is always a few injuries where veterans are signed. In the end it was a good career so he should have no regrets.

I like Amani, but he just can't do it anymore. Once the big threat of Burress was gone, he simply couldn't get open.

I hate to say it, but the Burress acquisition extended Burress' career by four years. I loved the catches he did make, but they were getting farther and farther apart.

In what regard? I do not agree with you.....ergo I'm insane?

Jakk , your record of ridiculous posts over a number of years on SW and GMB speak for themselves !

entertaining at times , but mostly crazy and irrational.

keep taking the pills sir !

UK

I agree with Tree. I respect all Amani did for the Giants, and he will be missed I'm sure as a leader and mentor especially in the WR corps, but he will not be missed on the field. The young guys have passed him by, and I would not be surprised if he finds work somewhere only to get cut shortly thereafter. I think he would do well in broadcasting.

I agree with Tree. I respect all Amani did for the Giants, and he will be missed I'm sure as a leader and mentor especially in the WR corps, but he will not be missed on the field. The young guys have passed him by, and I would not be surprised if he finds work somewhere only to get cut shortly thereafter. I think he would do well in broadcasting.

or he's gone because like all Fassel's Giants he did not tow the Coughlin line to the T

these guys knew a different form of coaching and could never swallow Coughlin's mechanical approach whole hog

I like what Tom has done for the Giants but really think with the move to the new Stadium its time for a more personable HC

I was the 1st guy to call for Fassel's replacement with Tom..........to be honest Ernie should have replaced Fassel with John Fox when he had the chance.....but under Wellington's watch that was not an option. Would appear too ruthless