SportsWrath

Anyone else getting Tim Lewis flashbacks?

JMFP

I read Sheridan plans to stay up on the box, and this sends Tim Lewis shivers up my spine. I’m worried about losing that Spags-mojo that seemed to fire up this defense.

On the flip side, I need to remind myself that some good defensive coordinators called the game upstairs. But the fact that all my favorite DCs (Fox, Belichick, Parcell, Spags) strolled the sidelines has my spidey senses a little worried.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

That has me worried too... but I downloaded his interview from Giants.com and aside from that, I think the "sky is falling" scenarios are a little far-fetched.

He wants to "minimally" change the defense... a few "tweaks," but that's it.

He wants to still dial up a lotta blitzes, but doesn't like zone blitzes as a DL in space isn't playing to his strengths... would prefer LB and secondary blitzes.

His scheme will remain an "attacking" scheme that is largely the same as Spags.'

He is excited about the personnel rotation that will happen with Canty and Bernard on board.

I read Sheridan plans to stay up on the box, and this sends Tim Lewis shivers up my spine. I’m worried about losing that Spags-mojo that seemed to fire up this defense.

On the flip side, I need to remind myself that some good defensive coordinators called the game upstairs. But the fact that all my favorite DCs (Fox, Belichick, Parcell, Spags) strolled the sidelines has my spidey senses a little worried.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

I made this same post, my man. I agree. It's sad, but it seems we no longer have a defensive coach who has as much fire as his players. Also, he said a lot of scary things about not asking players to blitz in zone coverage and a lot of other stupid changes that worked perfectly when Spags implemented them.

That has me worried too... but I downloaded his interview from Giants.com and aside from that, I think the "sky is falling" scenarios are a little far-fetched.

He wants to "minimally" change the defense... a few "tweaks," but that's it.

He wants to still dial up a lotta blitzes, but doesn't like zone blitzes as a DL in space isn't playing to his strengths... would prefer LB and secondary blitzes.

His scheme will remain an "attacking" scheme that is largely the same as Spags.'

He is excited about the personnel rotation that will happen with Canty and Bernard on board.

So he'd rather defensive ends drop into zone coverage? I guess I don't understand what he means...

So he'd rather defensive ends drop into zone coverage? I guess I don't understand what he means...

hes saying he doesnt want dlinemen dropping into coverage. some of spags zone blitzes involved that.

sheridan wants to get away from that.

hes saying he doesnt want dlinemen dropping into coverage. some of spags zone blitzes involved that.

sheridan wants to get away from that.

So if dlinemen are going to stay at the point of attack, and linebackers and cornerbacks are going to blitz, who is going to cover WRs?

No, thats what he's trying to get away from. Thats a Spags thing...and I think last year other teams started to sort of get a read on how to move the ball on our D, there was lots of space for RBs to get open underneath with all those zone blitzes.

ahh, alright, i'm sorry...

anyway, he's not right, our defensive ends are far more athletic than our linebackers and would actually fair better in coverage than Antonio Pierce and Danny Clark, that's for sure.

No, thats what he's trying to get away from. Thats a Spags thing...and I think last year other teams started to sort of get a read on how to move the ball on our D, there was lots of space for RBs to get open underneath with all those zone blitzes.

See, I tend to think that was because Antonio Pierce was following the RB across the field.

ahh, alright, i'm sorry...

anyway, he's not right, our defensive ends are far more athletic than our linebackers and would actually fair better in coverage than Antonio Pierce and Danny Clark, that's for sure.

It's a LOT harder position to do it from though. You have to start in a three-point stance to fake out the offense then cycle back into position. Having athletic DEs like we do is the only reason we could attempt it. Fact is it just wasn't that successful.

It's a LOT harder position to do it from though. You have to start in a three-point stance to fake out the offense then cycle back into position. Having athletic DEs like we do is the only reason we could attempt it. Fact is it just wasn't that successful.

Alright, I just don't see any benefit in relying on our pass coverage liabilities to...pass cover...

This guy has disaster written all over him

have you seen his picture......he looks like Mike Martz's younger brother

anyone who thinks football players dont need the rah rah........is a yo yo

nice of him to let the opponents know he's not dropping the D linemen into coverage...that should make their lives easier

what is he going to do let the fat little midget in the middle cover? LOL

This guy has disaster written all over him

have you seen his picture......he looks like Mike Martz's younger brother

anyone who thinks football players dont need the rah rah........is a yo yo

nice of him to let the opponents know he's not dropping the D linemen into coverage...that should make their lives easier

I guess that's what my gripe is, too...I never really noticed the Gmen getting picked apart in zone...it was more when Antonio Pierce, Danny Clark, or any one of our subpar at best linebackers attempted to cover.

At least we got Boley and Simtin now, though...both should immediately be starters, IMO

Good call. Let's take two of the best pass rushers in the game...and make them do something else. Dropping DEs into zone cover is not an answer for Pierce's coverage issues.

Good call. Let's take two of the best pass rushers in the game...and make them do something else. Dropping DEs into zone cover is not an answer for Pierce's coverage issues.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it does not work that way exactly

the coverage by the D lineman occurs occassionaly to throw off the other team......its not a steady diet

Pierce is a "dead man walking" on the field........hes a QB of the D with no athletic ability whatsoever

Might wanna read your own post Jack.