SportsWrath

Anyone else getting Tim Lewis flashbacks?

JMFP

Might wanna read your own post Jack.

Sorry have no idea what your talking about Tree

I read Sheridan's original interview in the Bergen Record. He actually came out and said he was not going to drop DE's into coverage

mind boggling talk.......why in the world would you say that

Mr Sheridan needs to go and attend a course at Bill Bellichek's Zippermouth University

or he might be planning to use that as a suprise weapon.......but that makes no sense either

I honestly don't doubt that.

In truth we totally agree on this

I wonder if Pierce will survive the gun hiding incident.....I can't picture Coughlin taking to a guy who drives our star WR into NYC with a gun hanging out of his pants

then spends 12 hours trying to hide the gun and injury

This guy has disaster written all over him

have you seen his picture......he looks like Mike Martz's younger brother

anyone who thinks football players dont need the rah rah........is a yo yo

nice of him to let the opponents know he's not dropping the D linemen into coverage...that should make their lives easier

what is he going to do let the fat little midget in the middle cover? LOL

So it's official... Sheridan will be the greatest coordinator in the Giants storied history! :TU:

The Dreaded Zone Blitz was a Tim Lewis specialty as well. I want my D-line man at the point of attack and going after the QB or running back. Not trying to run after TE or RB's in coverage.

Did he? I can remember a few instances of seeing Mike Strahan dropping SURE ints... but I remember a LOT more times when a game would go by and I'd be yelling, "Do you even KNOW what a blitz is, Lewis?!?!?!?"

Remember when we drafted all those LB/DE "tweeners" for Lewis' "exotic blitz schemes" that involved... rushing four down linemen?

Ugh. I hated that guy.

I guess that's what my gripe is, too...I never really noticed the Gmen getting picked apart in zone...it was more when Antonio Pierce, Danny Clark, or any one of our subpar at best linebackers attempted to cover.

At least we got Boley and Simtin now, though...both should immediately be starters, IMO

The professional side of me says the man has earned his tripes and is due a promotion. Yea I know the jitters of hiring an unkown but I trust the management see in him his smarts and his understanding of the game. Sure you can have fear of failing... but it can also easily go the other way around and this guy does an even more brilliant guy the guy he replaced.

So it's official... Sheridan will be the greatest coordinator in the Giants storied history! :TU:

Did he? I can remember a few instances of seeing Mike Strahan dropping SURE ints... but I remember a LOT more times when a game would go by and I'd be yelling, "Do you even KNOW what a blitz is, Lewis?!?!?!?"

Remember when we drafted all those LB/DE "tweeners" for Lewis' "exotic blitz schemes" that involved... rushing four down linemen?

Ugh. I hated that guy.

Yah, if Jack's against it, the guy's gotta be right.

Ugh. I hated that guy.

Remember the zone blitz started more or less with the Ravens and this guy was a believer in their system... thing was if he dropped two lineman in coverage he only sent two lineman to blitz...somehow I think most offensive lineman will win a battle of one on one with a LB.

In truth we totally agree on this

I wonder if Pierce will survive the gun hiding incident.....I can't picture Coughlin taking to a guy who drives our star WR into NYC with a gun hanging out of his pants

then spends 12 hours trying to hide the gun and injury

Any decent teamate would go to lengths to help out one of their own. What do you want him to do - Call the cops? He was looking out for the team... Question Pierce's speed or whatever you want on the field, but the guy loves playing for the Giants and it shines through in his interviews and he was looking out for the team

Any decent teamate would go to lengths to help out one of their own. What do you want him to do - Call the cops? He was looking out for the team... Question Pierce's speed or whatever you want on the field, but the guy loves playing for the Giants and it shines through in his interviews and he was looking out for the team

He is a good Giant...unfortunately he happens to be one of the least talented. And I've said this since we first picked him up, even when Money defended him when he attributed part of our playoff loss(I believe it was against the Panthers a couple years back) to the defense not having Pierce, who was injured. I've never been a Pierce fan as a player...he's a defensive general, that's his only value as a starter.

Remember the zone blitz started more or less with the Ravens and this guy was a believer in their system... thing was if he dropped two lineman in coverage he only sent two lineman to blitz...somehow I think most offensive lineman will win a battle of one on one with a LB.

you must have not read the 1st part of my essay where I described our little field general driving our star WR into NYC with a big fat gun hanging out of his sweatpants

please give me the wisdom of that move

HES A BLITTERING IDIOT

you must have not read the 1st part of my essay where I described our little field general driving our star WR into NYC with a big fat gun hanging out of his sweatpants

please give me the wisdom of that move

HES A BLITTERING IDIOT

it's blithering idiot, mr. 143 :)

The only way I get Tim Lewis flashbacks is if Ross and Webster start playing 25 yards away from the line of scrimmage, but i don't see that happening Sheridan seems to be using the same agressiveness that Spags installed and now we have pass rushing LB's (Boley and Sintim). I just hope Sheridan figures out how to put Kenny Phillips in the box for Pierce stops dropping into coverage or use Blackburn on passing downs.

I see a breakout season for Ross this year..Webster, already being a top cornerback in the NFL, I won't be looking out for him as much as I will for our 1st round pick.

I was watching the Tampa wild card playoff game the other day (kinda of a forgotten game cause the three games afterwards were incredible) but it was a very underrated game. One of the most physical games I have seen, and Ross and Webster played spectactular in that game and Tampa had pretty good wideouts, Bryant is one of the unnoticed good WR's in the NFL and we shut out him and Galloway. That game seemed to be the coming out party for Corey Webster who is now a pro bowl caliber corner

I see a breakout season for Ross this year..Webster, already being a top cornerback in the NFL, I won't be looking out for him as much as I will for our 1st round pick.

Actually...I see Terrell Thomas beating out Ross for the starting position this year.

I know this means nothing, but I felt Thomas was the better of the two..especially

later in the year.

Actually...I see Terrell Thomas beating out Ross for the starting position this year.

I know this means nothing, but I felt Thomas was the better of the two..especially

later in the year.

im a big thomas fan but i dont think he beats out ross.

I was watching the Tampa wild card playoff game the other day (kinda of a forgotten game cause the three games afterwards were incredible) but it was a very underrated game. One of the most physical games I have seen, and Ross and Webster played spectactular in that game and Tampa had pretty good wideouts, Bryant is one of the unnoticed good WR's in the NFL and we shut out him and Galloway. That game seemed to be the coming out party for Corey Webster who is now a pro bowl caliber corner

Antonio Bryant is garbage. Galloway is getting old, but still has blazing speed....but Antonio Bryant is complete garbage.

Antonio Bryant is garbage. Galloway is getting old, but still has blazing speed....but Antonio Bryant is complete garbage.

Antonio Bryant had 83 receptions and over 1,200 yards receiving in a Tampa offense that used a different QB and different scheme from week to week I would take Antonio Bryant over Anquan Boldin, honestly

Antonio Bryant had 83 receptions and over 1,200 yards receiving in a Tampa offense that used a different QB and different scheme from week to week I would take Antonio Bryant over Anquan Boldin, honestly

That's silly.

Bryant's career

Boldin

Anquan's been doing it his whole career.

Bryant had one solid season.

He is a good Giant...unfortunately he happens to be one of the least talented. And I've said this since we first picked him up, even when Money defended him when he attributed part of our playoff loss(I believe it was against the Panthers a couple years back) to the defense not having Pierce, who was injured. I've never been a Pierce fan as a player...he's a defensive general, that's his only value as a starter.

Actually when they guy is left to stay at home and defend the run he's great at blocking running lanes. It's when he's sent out in coverage against the same backs that he's exposed.

Actually when they guy is left to stay at home and defend the run he's great at blocking running lanes. It's when he's sent out in coverage against the same backs that he's exposed.

I'll give him that he's good at running forward, yes.