SportsWrath

Braylon Edwards Being Gay Is Why Giants Didn't Trade For Him?

Mr. P

First of all, let me start out with the fact that I think this is ridiculous. I have a friend who is inside the NY Giants and this morning I talked to him about the draft and the subject of Edwards came up.

No lie, he said that there was a big concern how he would fit in the locker room because a lot of people thought he was gay. He said that for some reason a good deal of the players believe that Braylon is gay and that is why he wants to go to New York (because it is a better atmosphere for homosexuals) and this has actually come up as a concern within the Giants in trading for him.

First of all, I think it is completely stupid. Whether he is gay or not, it shouldn't matter. I don't believe he is gay, but hell if I know. But obviously the NFL is filled with meatheads how aren't particularly tolerant and apparently there is a potentially big locker room issue.

I was blown away that this was actually a legitimate factor as to why the Giants didn't pull the trigger, and I was assured that this was not only a factor, but a BIG factor.

Again, I know this is ridicuolous and my goal isn't to slander Braylon Edwards or anything, but I found it absolutely absurd that this was a factor in the Giants hesitation.

I love Braylon and am thrilled that he is staying and hope he returns to his '07 form, so don't take this as any attempt to slander him. Also, I could give a crap if he is and I think it is a shame that he would be shunned because of his orientation.

I know I will get flamed for this, but I was floored when I heard that this was a reason for backing away from Edwards.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=4273429

1210339193braylonsuspect1.jpg

1210339194braylonsuspect3.jpg

This is pretty stupid... even if the guy is gay, this should have as much influence on anything as the color of his skin... Come to think of it, if he was really gay, then it may even be a bigger reason as to why our team should get him... the only to stand up to ignorance is to confront it head on.

This is pretty stupid... even if the guy is gay, this should have as much influence on anything as the color of his skin... Come to think of it, if he was really gay, then it may even be a bigger reason as to why our team should get him... the only to stand up to ignorance is to confront it head on.

nas i wouldnt really give this much credibility, i thought it was kinda humorous and thats why i posted it

nas i wouldnt really give this much credibility, i thought it was kinda humorous and thats why i posted it

This wasn't directed at you Pdoub... just the notion that because someone is gay, we have to treat him differently... like less of a human being. I'm sick and tired of it...

What do I give a shit if the dude is gay.. so long has he catches those touchdowns, I will be the first slap him on the ass.. lol.

This wasn't directed at you Pdoub... just the notion that because someone is gay, we have to treat him differently... like less of a human being. I'm sick and tired of it...

What do I give a shit if the dude is gay.. so long has he catches those touchdowns, I will be the first slap him on the ass.. lol.

Since you seem to be such a banner-carrier for the gay rights movement how about you head on home and start marching in the streets demanding equal rights? Check back and let us know how it goes.

Maybe he's dropping all these passes because it's pigskin and not foreskin? :o

Since you seem to be such a banner-carrier for the gay rights movement how about you head on home and start marching in the streets demanding equal rights? Check back and let us know how it goes.

Why should I head home when I can sit here and shove my dick in your mouth every chance I get, you fuck?

Totally agree Nas.

Sad how men uncomfortable with themselves need to prove how much of a man they are.

Totally agree Nas.

Sad how men uncomfortable with themselves need to prove how much of a man they are.

You know I remember me and my best friend being paranoid in the gym.. it took us 2 minutes to change and get the fuck out... but we're grown men now.. dudes will stare at you regardless.. so long as no one touches you or disrespects you, it's cool.

You know I remember me and my best friend being paranoid in the gym.. it took us 2 minutes to change and get the fuck out... but we're grown men now.. dudes will stare at you regardless.. so long as no one touches you or disrespects you, it's cool.

I dont give a fuck. I have quite a few gay friends and they have never tried anything "homo" towards me. People are people and nobody should be cast off like they're not.