SportsWrath

Ok you guys were right

ppodlesny

I thought for sure they were going LB in round 1 but when the LBers were coming off the board then WR was a no brainer....I like what I see from this Nicks kid on the highlight reels....big strong kid, could come in and produce right away...I also like the fact they address the LB and OL positions in round 2, both positions I felt needed to be addressed right away....not sure why they took another reciever, rb and QB, but they must have been rated to the level as to where they were taken.

I thought for sure they were going LB in round 1 but when the LBers were coming off the board then WR was a no brainer....I like what I see from this Nicks kid on the highlight reels....big strong kid, could come in and produce right away...I also like the fact they address the LB and OL positions in round 2, both positions I felt needed to be addressed right away....not sure why they took another reciever, rb and QB, but they must have been rated to the level as to where they were taken.

The rb is a steal from what I've read. Reese said Bomar was too much value to pass up at the spot and he wanted a good competition between the youngsters for the number two spot next year when Carr's gone. The other reciever is an enigma. Hard to pass up. A supreme physical specimen with good speed for his size.

does this mean the Sinorice Moss experiment is over?

I think it's going to depend on the health and development of the other receivers as they go through camp. If someone gets banged up, they may put them on PUP to start the year, then Moss will be retained. But, should everyone be healthy, and not be a total disaster, then I think Moss will be cut. Smith, Nicks, Barden, Manningham, and Hixon have to be considered safe. So it's really between him and Tyree, and I think a healthy Tyree provides much more value because of specials, and due to that Moss is the odd man out.

A word of caution: I saw somewhere a listing of the last 8 WR's the Giants drafted. Between them, they had a total of 40 catches their first year.

None of those guys were Hakeem Nicks! :P

I think this is going to be different for two reasons. One is because of the NFL body that Nicks has... he is a big physical receiver so he won't be intimated by NFL DB's. Secondly, there is that gaping hole at the 1 spot and I'm inclined to believe that the Giants want Nicks to start there over Hixon. Of course he will have to earn it, but they drafted him to be the kind of player that can do it all, and haul in anything thrown in his direction. The Giants need a guy like Nicks to play well and right away.

I think it's going to depend on the health and development of the other receivers as they go through camp. If someone gets banged up, they may put them on PUP to start the year, then Moss will be retained. But, should everyone be healthy, and not be a total disaster, then I think Moss will be cut. Smith, Nicks, Barden, Manningham, and Hixon have to be considered safe. So it's really between him and Tyree, and I think a healthy Tyree provides much more value because of specials, and due to that Moss is the odd man out.

and Tyree as a great specials player is also a veteran and knows how to handle pressure.

You need a veteran presence in the lockeroom for the WR group.

As Jim mentioned tyree has a lot more value than Moss.

Maybe Moss goes on PUP.

Can't wait for camp!!!!! shit its only April :doh:

Think positive. Its pretty much may, and June comes right after May. So, really, its almost June, which is right before July, which is when camp is! :unsure: