SportsWrath

MG Blog update on possible Draft Day trade up

echochamber

If we come away with edwards, lets say for our 2nd round (43) pick and 5th round pick... I wouldn't mind the gmen trading the 1st and the other 2nd round to move up in the draft if the right guy is there.

If we end up with Edwards AND Hayward-Bay, that's pretty sick... although, I think Hayward-Bey has bust written all over him, ala Troy Williamson that the Vikings drafted a few years back.

I think it was Mayock on NFL Network that said DHB has big bust potential in their opinion. I personally don't know. I like Britt because I think he is tough to bring down and has good speed. If we just go rookie WR's, then I would like Britt or Nicks in the 1st and Louis Murphy in the 2nd.

I think it was Mayock on NFL Network that said DHB has big bust potential in their opinion. I personally don't know. I like Britt because I think he is tough to bring down and has good speed. If we just go rookie WR's, then I would like Britt or Nicks in the 1st and Louis Murphy in the 2nd.

Yeah, there are also two TE/WR hybrid types that could go late 1st-early 2nd round. If we get Kenny or Nicks, draft one of these other two with one our 2nd round picks

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.p...y=Jared%20Cook*

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.p...=Shawn%20Nelson

Any combination of Britt and Cook/Nelson, or Nicks and Cook/Nelson will make me very happy.

Yeah, there are also two TE/WR hybrid types that could go late 1st-early 2nd round. If we get Kenny or Nicks, draft one of these other two with one our 2nd round picks

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.p...y=Jared%20Cook*

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.p...=Shawn%20Nelson

Any combination of Britt and Cook/Nelson, or Nicks and Cook/Nelson will make me very happy.

Shake, I know the scouts are crazy over Cook, but he and Nelson didn't really put up big numbers at the collegiate level. I know the measurables are good, but the fact that they didn't produce big time numbers scares me a bit.

If we come away with edwards, lets say for our 2nd round (43) pick and 5th round pick... I wouldn't mind the gmen trading the 1st and the other 2nd round to move up in the draft if the right guy is there.

If we end up with Edwards AND Hayward-Bay, that's pretty sick... although, I think Hayward-Bey has bust written all over him, ala Troy Williamson that the Vikings drafted a few years back.

Shake, it's interesting you mention Williamson. He's almost identical to DHB in size and speed when he was being drafted, and he posted very similar collegiate numbers. And Williamson's stock rose much like DHB in the '05 draft, with the Vikings taking him at #7 overall. You could make the case that this is truly history repeating itself.

Man I really can't wait for this draft to happen.

Shake, it's interesting you mention Williamson. He's almost identical to DHB in size and speed when he was being drafted, and he posted very similar collegiate numbers. And Williamson's stock rose much like DHB in the '05 draft, with the Vikings taking him at #7 overall. You could make the case that this is truly history repeating itself.

Man I really can't wait for this draft to happen.

DHB also has me thinking WR Thomas Lewis from the giants draft in 94. Anyone remember that guy?

If we don't get a LB in the the first two rounds, I'll be fucking pissed. Peeps love to repeat the "OLBs aren't important in our defense" mantra, but that is total bs. It has killed the Eagles for years and hurt us last year. You need good OLBs to take on TEs and RBs, as well as blitz when needed. Again, this killed us last year.

Anyways, I really have no idea about this WR MG is talking about. I'm stupid when it comes to college ball. I just want players drafted who we have a need for and the draft over already.

I wouldn't be happy with back-to-back WR picks unless there's no LBs left.

And I don't think we're getting Edwards AND keeping our 1st.

I don't. I think our 2nd and 4th or 5th should be sufficient.