SportsWrath

Braylon

Lughead

Don't know how true this is but I found this on PFT. I am not that familiar with the CBA rules

but this sounds like more of a reason why Jerry should pull the trigger.

Someone Might Trade For Edwards Without A New Contract

Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2009, 9:22 p.m. EDT It has been presumed that anyone interested in trading for Browns receiver Braylon Edwardsmag-glass_10x10.gif faces two hurdles — working out a deal with the Browns, and negotiating a long-term contract with Edwards.

But there’s now chatter that perhaps a team will trade for Edwards without signing him to a new contract.

The wildcard would be the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Without an extension to the CBA, there will be no salary cap in 2010. And without a salary cap in 2010, a player with fewer than six years of service won’t be an unrestricted free agent next March.

So Edwards, who is entering his fifth NFLmag-glass_10x10.gif season, would be a restricted free agent. And the team that holds his rights will be able to retain his rights for 110 percent of his 2009 cap number, which as we understand it is in the range of $5 million.

That’s far lower than the franchise number for receivers, which likely will exceed $10 million.

And by applying the highest possible RFA tender, the team that sends a first-round pick and a third-round pick to the Browns for Edwards now could get the first-round pick and the third-round pick back from another team if another team tries to sign him to an offer sheet.

Also a poster commented on the above with this statement, which sounds to me makes the best argument to get the deal done.

Brewster says:

April 20th, 2009 at 10:24 pm From a business standpoint, that’s a great deal. One year commitment on the part of the team & the player, and the team pays him a moderate sum for a “possible” elite receiver. Then if he plays like he did in 2007, out of his mind (except for the customary 10-15 drops)the team has an option to sign & pay him for the future, or take some high draft picks. It’s pretty much a no lose situation for a team one WR away from a possible Super Bowl run.

There are worse deals out there for WR’s. Boldin is not one of them, he’s the best option, but the deal may not be as good.

what's an imgrate?

all I found on it for a definition is from the Urban Dictionary:

imgrate- an immigrant that complains about his host country rather then being thankful we took in his sorry ass from the godforsaken hellhole country that he is from.

An "imgrate" sounds more like Nas than Jerry.

what's an imgrate?

all I found on it for a definition is from the Urban Dictionary:

imgrate- an immigrant that complains about his host country rather then being thankful we took in his sorry ass from the godforsaken hellhole country that he is from.

An "imgrate" sounds more like Nas than Jerry.

Someone on the GMB years ago had posted 'imgrate' as opposed to 'ingrate' when describing Ernie Acorsi's treatment of the fans. Can't remember who, but I'm sure someone will follow this up. So from then on, people post IMGRATE when they want something done.

Someone on the GMB years ago had posted 'imgrate' as opposed to 'ingrate' when describing Ernie Acorsi's treatment of the fans. Can't remember who, but I'm sure someone will follow this up. So from then on, people post IMGRATE when they want something done.

I totally remember that, but WHO did it escapes me at the moment.

IM SUCH AN IMGRATE!!!!

i say we tell this cat that we will extend him during the year if he proves his good year wasnt a fluke and that he proves he can fix his dropsies

sounds fair

but alot of times fair doesnt work

That'd be a huge risk to take. If the CBA gets hammered out he'd be a free agent at the end of the year and we'd potentially have given away a bunch of draft picks for 1 season.

And you know damn well thats exactly what will happen.

I totally remember that, but WHO did it escapes me at the moment.

IM SUCH AN IMGRATE!!!!

I can't remember either, but I know it's been the battle cry of posters who want something to get done for a long, long time, even on the GMB. JR or the Admiral will know who it was, trust me. Those cats should be working for the CIA.

I can't remember either, but I know it's been the battle cry of posters who want something to get done for a long, long time, even on the GMB. JR or the Admiral will know who it was, trust me. Those cats should be working for the CIA.

Was it SehornisGod?? For some reason he comes to mind.

Was it SehornisGod?? For some reason he comes to mind.

Nah, I don't think it was SIG. For some reason I want to say it was 'big blue revival' or something like that. I think it was the dude that always went back and forth with money. I honestly can't remember.

Nah, I don't think it was SIG. For some reason I want to say it was 'big blue revival' or something like that. I think it was the dude that always went back and forth with money. I honestly can't remember.

That could be 400 different people.

That could be 400 different people.

You're too harsh. I sure am glad I'm your texting buddy.

Say what you will about him, he has some good football knowledge, and alot of people looked to him when they were seeking information, not just someone's opinion. Him, Hank, and Midas owned that board hands down. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one poster I've come across in all these years that I've ever really had a beef with, except for that dude 'aces up' or something that thought you and I were the same when you were 'dead eagles are no fun'. Him and, well, you remember the other guy from sw1.

Say what you will about him, he has some good football knowledge, and alot of people looked to him when they were seeking information, not just someone's opinion. Him, Hank, and Midas owned that board hands down. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one poster I've come across in all these years that I've ever really had a beef with, except for that dude 'aces up' or something that thought you and I were the same when you were 'dead eagles are no fun'. Him and, well, you remember the other guy from sw1.

catpoot?

He can be the most knowledgeable person in the world, but that doesn't change the fact he tends be a giant douche bag too.

He can be the most knowledgeable person in the world, but that doesn't change the fact he tends be a giant douche bag too.

Fair enough. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Do you remember who started the 'imgrate' thing?