SportsWrath

Plaxico again?

Bigblue25

What a crock of shit. Seriously, who hasn't been guilty of speeding or 'improper lane changes'? And the dark window tint....if that's a serious offense, every car on "Pimp My Ride" would get pulled over on it's way out of the shop. I love what Mike Hunt had to say in the comments section:

mike hunt says:

March 12th, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Whatever. I speed all the time because I wanna get away from stupid old people, semi trucks, and dumbass drivers going 45mph on the interstate which is way more dangerous then going fast. My windows are tinted as dark as night, and what exactly is imporper lane change. Not using a blinker?? Pfft, who hasnt done that. Look this dude is a real doucher, but I’m not gonna bust his nuts over this kinda stuff.

I liked what this native of Canuckistan wrote:

VonClausewitz says:

March 12th, 2009 at 4:57 pm

There’s a growing movement of jurists taking matters in their own hands and acquitting people who are clearly guilty of the actual offense, simply because the punishment is ridiculous. This is one of those checks and balances things you Yanks like to talk about (and for good reason). In this situation I think you’d be hard pressed to rationalize how anyone would benefit by Burress going to jail for shooting himself. He might be the biggest jerk in the world and it wouldn’t matter. He shot himself, has likely gotten himself suspended anyway and probably lost his job. Now they want to throw him in jail and end his career, put another body in an overcrowded prison system that doesn’t belong there using taxpayer money, and cause untold pain to his family. All to demonstrate a point that gun crimes will be severely punished. Mindlessly. And for the crime in this case of not filing paperwork properly. Yeah. Sounds great. He’s frankly already paid his price. I wouldn’t blame the jurists at all if they pulled an acquittal out.

Guest StrahansGap

Bash the police all you want. Just know this: When your loved ones get hit by a drunk driver, the cops will be the 1st ones on the scene trying to save his/her life. Ticket writing is part of a police officers job just like it's a teachers job to make sure the few nitwits in her class pass too.....the analogies could last forever. And in case you forgot, Perpico Burrass IS a perp and should be treated like one. The guy is a 2nd tier cancer (Terrell Owens being a 1st tier) for any football team and he cost us a championship by shooting himself in the leg at a bar and trying to cover it up. I will always defend a cop ANY DAY over this asshole!

It doesn't matter if it seems like bullshit. He's had almost 6 months to show he can be a good citizen and abide by the rules and he flat out won't do it. Not can't, won't!. The Giants are going to bring him back if they can, but I think they are going to be dealing with the same shit as before.

I liked what this native of Canuckistan wrote:

VonClausewitz says:

March 12th, 2009 at 4:57 pm

There’s a growing movement of jurists taking matters in their own hands and acquitting people who are clearly guilty of the actual offense, simply because the punishment is ridiculous. This is one of those checks and balances things you Yanks like to talk about (and for good reason). In this situation I think you’d be hard pressed to rationalize how anyone would benefit by Burress going to jail for shooting himself. He might be the biggest jerk in the world and it wouldn’t matter. He shot himself, has likely gotten himself suspended anyway and probably lost his job. Now they want to throw him in jail and end his career, put another body in an overcrowded prison system that doesn’t belong there using taxpayer money, and cause untold pain to his family. All to demonstrate a point that gun crimes will be severely punished. Mindlessly. And for the crime in this case of not filing paperwork properly. Yeah. Sounds great. He’s frankly already paid his price. I wouldn’t blame the jurists at all if they pulled an acquittal out.

excellent...the dog says, let him go. This way, the next time it happens, maybe we all won't be as lucky and it will be some poor slobs head that gets in the way of the bullet rather than his leg. in addition, let's send him the message he already has gotten loud a clear: Dear Plaxico, you are clearly above the law. Don't mind any rules and regulations established to monitor society, as they do not apply to you. Please continue taking part in your profession in which you can make millions of dollars because you can jump high and catch a football, as your company needs your support asap. With those millions, please continue to ignore your financial responsibilities to other parties as you have 9 other times, as it was already stated that the rules do not apply to you. Finally, on your way out to the next club with your gun bouncing loosely in your sweatpant's pocket, don't let the threat of another filed restraining order stop you, and take a swipe at your wife as you walk out the door...Thank you, and we as society apologize for inconveniencing you with our silly laws to protect the average man.

excellent...the dog says, let him go. This way, the next time it happens, maybe we all won't be as lucky and it will be some poor slobs head that gets in the way of the bullet rather than his leg. in addition, let's send him the message he already has gotten loud a clear: Dear Plaxico, you are clearly above the law. Don't mind any rules and regulations established to monitor society, as they do not apply to you. Please continue taking part in your profession in which you can make millions of dollars because you can jump high and catch a football, as your company needs your support asap. With those millions, please continue to ignore your financial responsibilities to other parties as you have 9 other times, as it was already stated that the rules do not apply to you. Finally, on your way out to the next club with your gun bouncing loosely in your sweatpant's pocket, don't let the threat of another filed restraining order stop you, and take a swipe at your wife as you walk out the door...Thank you, and we as society apologize for inconveniencing you with our silly laws to protect the average man.

Hey the dog is back, where you been?

Bash the police all you want. Just know this: When your loved ones get hit by a drunk driver, the cops will be the 1st ones on the scene trying to save his/her life. Ticket writing is part of a police officers job just like it's a teachers job to make sure the few nitwits in her class pass too.....the analogies could last forever. And in case you forgot, Perpico Burrass IS a perp and should be treated like one. The guy is a 2nd tier cancer (Terrell Owens being a 1st tier) for any football team and he cost us a championship by shooting himself in the leg at a bar and trying to cover it up. I will always defend a cop ANY DAY over this asshole!

Im sorry, Im not trying to sound like a criminal, but I cant stand behind cops regardless. Yes, most are good, but we're all humans, and we all have the ability to have a bad day, abuse our power and get a big head, etc. Ticket writing is either one of two things. 1. An offense just occured and it is needed to ticket this perp. or 2. A cop need to meet a quota. Dont argue that 2nd one. If you do, you're just being ignorant. It happens....QUITE OFTEN. Ive recently been a victim of a big head cop, quota meetin cop, whatever you want to refer to him as, but I have NO record, and for the cop to iompound my car, etc all for a minor traffic violation, is ridiculous. I know I sound like Im crying about my situation, but Im not. Im merely pointing out that you are living life with blinders on if you think ALL cops are good. Not making excuses for Plax, but cops being on the scene when your loved one is hurt, thats their job. If they want me to think better about them, then dont write tickets to advance themselves.

Hey the dog is back, where you been?

Did the great purposely antagonistic one reply to one of my posts....why am I not surprised. :rolleyes: Maybe one of you guys can send it to me in a PM if you feel like it, and if I have the time to waste...I might read it. More likely not. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Did the great purposely antagonistic one reply to one of my posts....why am I not surprised. :rolleyes: Maybe one of you guys can send it to me in a PM if you feel like it, and if I have the time to waste...I might read it. More likely not. Whatever. :rolleyes:

best to let sleeping dogs lie.

It doesn't matter if it seems like bullshit. He's had almost 6 months to show he can be a good citizen and abide by the rules and he flat out won't do it. Not can't, won't!. The Giants are going to bring him back if they can, but I think they are going to be dealing with the same shit as before.

What if Plax had no record of trouble, and he got busted for these traffic infractions? Everyone, and I mean everyone, would be crying bullshit. The only reason this is a 'big deal' is because of his past. You are right about the rest of your post though, and he is an idiot/immature or whatever one wants to call him, but in this particular instance, it's bullshit. He'll get a fine and be done with it like the rest of us caught speeding. Now, the odds on him actually PAYING the fine.....not so good.

Guest StrahansGap
Im sorry, Im not trying to sound like a criminal, but I cant stand behind cops regardless. Yes, most are good, but we're all humans, and we all have the ability to have a bad day, abuse our power and get a big head, etc. Ticket writing is either one of two things. 1. An offense just occured and it is needed to ticket this perp. or 2. A cop need to meet a quota. Dont argue that 2nd one. If you do, you're just being ignorant. It happens....QUITE OFTEN. Ive recently been a victim of a big head cop, quota meetin cop, whatever you want to refer to him as, but I have NO record, and for the cop to iompound my car, etc all for a minor traffic violation, is ridiculous. I know I sound like Im crying about my situation, but Im not. Im merely pointing out that you are living life with blinders on if you think ALL cops are good. Not making excuses for Plax, but cops being on the scene when your loved one is hurt, thats their job. If they want me to think better about them, then dont write tickets to advance themselves.

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you're telling the complete truth in your story. As an NYPD officer, I can tell you first hand that a car does not get impounded unless you are DWI, DUI or you are driving w/out a licence or have a suspended licence. If it was what you say it is ("a minor traffic violation") than you have every right to sue the officer and the police department responsible....but I highly doubt this was the case. Not accusing you...just questioning your story.

And yes, you are correct that some police officers have "big heads". I agree with you 100%. Is there a quota? Yes. But you left out reason #3 on your ticket writing rules, which is the most important...allow me: 3. A crime (misd or felony) has not occured but the officer suspects one may occur due to the recklessness of the way someone is operating the vehicle. In other words...ticket writing is the best deterrent of a major crime or deadly accident. The REAL assholes you should be complaining about are the civilian traffic agents that pop up out of nowhere to scan your registration. Leave the cops alone!

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you're telling the complete truth in your story. As an NYPD officer, I can tell you first hand that a car does not get impounded unless you are DWI, DUI or you are driving w/out a licence or have a suspended licence. If it was what you say it is ("a minor traffic violation") than you have every right to sue the officer and the police department responsible....but I highly doubt this was the case. Not accusing you...just questioning your story.

And yes, you are correct that some police officers have "big heads". I agree with you 100%. Is there a quota? Yes. But you left out reason #3 on your ticket writing rules, which is the most important...allow me: 3. A crime (misd or felony) has not occured but the officer suspects one may occur due to the recklessness of the way someone is operating the vehicle. In other words...ticket writing is the best deterrent of a major crime or deadly accident. The REAL assholes you should be complaining about are the civilian traffic agents that pop up out of nowhere to scan your registration. Leave the cops alone!

Ahhh, that explains it. You're a cop yourself. Well, this convo can only go one way, so I wont harp on it too much. But at the time, I didnt have a license. So, you are gonna tell me, UNBIASED, that thats more than a minor traffic violation? If you say yes, thats being a hipocrit. Because Im sure you havent towed EVERY car that you found someone driving on a suspended license. It was a traffic speeding ticket that I merely overlooked. TOW MY CAR??? WHY?? Ive seen NUMEROUS people get a ticket for driving on a suspended license, and Im the 1st one to ever get my car towed to the best of my knowledge. Now, has anyone ever gotten their car towed? Sure. But not everyone. So how do you explain the selective choosing? Thats my point. Cops are human, so if a big payday or a spiff of some sort are within reach, they will ticket/tow when they normally wouldnt. My girl was there, her license good, she coulda drove. I have virtually ZERO record. I mean....why??

That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard.

"Let's suspect someone on a crime because they are driving like an idiot."

What if the driver is driving someone who is sick and needs to get to the hospital?

How the fuck can you possibly suspect a crime is going to occur, through osmosis?

best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Fine with me my friend. I actually have some work to do today. LOL!!! And tomorrow I have to go downtown to my main office for a meeting at 2:00pm....isn't it St. Patrick's Day.....will I make it to said meeting.... :P

That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard.

"Let's suspect someone on a crime because they are driving like an idiot."

What if the driver is driving someone who is sick and needs to get to the hospital?

How the fuck can you possibly suspect a crime is going to occur, through osmosis?

A cop is gonna side with a cop EVERY TIME. Dont waste your breath.

Bullshit, it will probably be a paramedic showing up as the first responder.

Guest StrahansGap
Bullshit, it will probably be a paramedic showing up as the first responder.

Hahahaha. :lol: NEVER!

The last time I called the cops was when my house was robbed back in the year 2000.

My brother was a day old and my father and I went to go visit him and my mother in the hospital,

we come back from the hospital around 4 and bam...our house was robbed.

The cops come to my house at around 10:00 PM and they start asking my father questions like what

was stolen and what not, etc. He said that around 4 of his watches were all gone and the cop goes "well

what kind of watches were they? He told them "one was a Rolex, one was a Tag Hauer that I had bought in

Jamaica and 2 others were Bulova" the cop starts arguing with my father on how "real" the Tag Hauer watch

was. My father flipped shit, I'd never seen him so pissed off before. He goes "I don't give a FUCK if my watch

was fake (it wasn't) or not..just find the fucking guy who robbed our house.

Protect and Serve!!!!!!

I don't know about in NY, but I think PE said it all in their 911 song.

Here in CA, the FD and private companies are the paramedics.

They show up pretty quick, the PD not so much, but they are always writing tickets during rush hour.

Hahahaha. :lol: NEVER!