SportsWrath

How would it really look?

Allstarjim

--------------Tuck---Robbins---Bernard---Umenyiora----------------------------

----------Boley--------------Pierce------------------Cushing?-------------------

Webster-----------------------------------------------------------Ross

-----------------Johnson----------------Phillips---------------------------------

That's pretty frickin' awesome right there.

But wait... 2nd string:

-------------Tollefson---Canty----Cofield----Kiwanuka--------------------------

--------Kehl-----------------Blackburn-----------Clark-----------------------------

Thomas--------------------------------------------------------Dockery

---------------???-------------------------------???--------------------------

I didn't even mention Jay Alford yet!

We need some backup safeties, but this could be the real return of the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. And of course I'm speculating with Cushing, but I really think that the Giants are going to get a top strongside linebacker in the draft.

----------Boley--------------Pierce------------------Cushing?-------------------

-----------------Johnson----------------Phillips---------------------------------

But wait... 2nd string:

--------Kehl-----------------Blackburn-----------Clark-----------------------------

We need some backup safeties, but this could be the real return of the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. And of course I'm speculating with Cushing, but I really think that the Giants are going to get a top strongside linebacker in the draft.

The first pick will be a WR and they will trade up if need be.

But wait... 2nd string:

You can remove Canty for now and slide Alford in his spot. Also If we move up It may be for A LBer Providing how the draft falls to us.

Isn't Cushing projected to go pretty high? I saw one mock draft that him selected 12th.

NFL Network mock draft had Giants taking a DE, Jackson from LSU.

I'm not saying these mocks are set in stone, but I just don't see Cushing falling to the Giants. Are there rumors of the Giants moving up or something?

bigblue coughlin has said that kiwi will remain at end.

and allstarjim coughlin has said that boley will be a weakside backer here

and i dont think bernard will start over cofield

The first pick will be a WR and they will trade up if need be.

What if Plax wins his trial and the league says there will be no further punishment come draft time?

I'd still draft a WR in the first day but it gets trickier.

Maybe trade up for a stud tackle.

What if Plax wins his trial and the league says there will be no further punishment come draft time?

I'd still draft a WR in the first day but it gets trickier.

Maybe trade up for a stud tackle.

then we pretty much are giving up on manningham who wont see the field for the next few years

unless we didnt resign hixon who i think is in the final year of his contract

then we pretty much are giving up on manningham who wont see the field for the next few years

unless we didnt resign hixon who i think is in the final year of his contract

We've lost Toomer and probably Plax for at least part of the season. Picking up a WR will not effect Manningham. We have to carry 5 or 6 recievers as they are very vulnerable to injury. The only thing that will get Manningham cut is if he doesn't progress to the level expected of him and it usually takes a few years for a reciever to get to the point of his potential.

We've lost Toomer and probably Plax for at least part of the season. Picking up a WR will not effect Manningham. We have to carry 5 or 6 recievers as they are very vulnerable to injury. The only thing that will get Manningham cut is if he doesn't progress to the level expected of him and it usually takes a few years for a reciever to get to the point of his potential.

if we sign another WR and plax comes back manningham would at best the 5th WR

hed rarely see the field.

though i doubt moss is back after next season but as long as we have plax, a signed guy, smith and hixon he would be 5th at best

if we sign another WR and plax comes back manningham would at best the 5th WR

hed rarely see the field.

though i doubt moss is back after next season but as long as we have plax, a signed guy, smith and hixon he would be 5th at best

Here's a look at our current roster and the first thing you notice is the empty space created by Toomer:

Wide Receivers

19 Taye Biddle

17 Plaxico Burress

80 Derek Hagan

87 Domenik Hixon

82 Mario Manningham

83 Sinorice Moss

15 Micah Rucker

12 Steve Smith

85 David Tyree

Burress is up in the air. Toomer is gone. Smith is the only reliable reciever on the chart. Hixon may blossum into a good one, but he's not there yet. Moss and Manningham are waiting to prove themselves in the wings. Tyree could be in trouble as he is not a reliable reciever....however, he's one of the best "gunners" in the league on special teams so they'll probably find room for him if he's healthy. All the other guys are fodder.

We definitely need to get a good WR in the draft. Could be Heyward-Bey, Nicks, Britt, or even Percy Harvin. With Crabtree and Maclin long gone by the time the Giants make their pick, one of those guys could easily fall in their lap in the 2nd round. A lot of people in the mocks have the Giants going after Harvin. Personally, I like Britt the most.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over who will be the number 4, 5, or 6 reciever. Whoever rises to the top will get more playing time and they all have the potential to break out. We just have to see what happens when they are put to the test.

i hope when his courtdate happens he pleads to a no jail time deal that day and we decide to bring him back.

then we only draft a WR early if they are the best talent on the board.

i think if its definite that burress comes back we dont need an early one.

id be very cool with burress/smith/hixon/manningham/moss/tyree

bigblue coughlin has said that kiwi will remain at end.

and allstarjim coughlin has said that boley will be a weakside backer here

and i dont think bernard will start over cofield

Yeah, I know Boley will be the weakside backer. Where did I say different? :confused:

I don't know if Bernard will start or not, I kind of think he might, but I don't think it will matter who starts, and that Cofield, Robbins, Bernard, and Alford will all see plenty of time being rotated in and out.

The only guy on the Giants radar that may be available in the 2nd is Robiskie, but Nicks could come in and contribute immediately.

Here's a look at our current roster and the first thing you notice is the empty space created by Toomer:

Wide Receivers

19 Taye Biddle

17 Plaxico Burress

80 Derek Hagan

87 Domenik Hixon

82 Mario Manningham

83 Sinorice Moss

15 Micah Rucker

12 Steve Smith

85 David Tyree

Burress is up in the air. Toomer is gone. Smith is the only reliable reciever on the chart. Hixon may blossum into a good one, but he's not there yet. Moss and Manningham are waiting to prove themselves in the wings. Tyree could be in trouble as he is not a reliable reciever....however, he's one of the best "gunners" in the league on special teams so they'll probably find room for him if he's healthy. All the other guys are fodder.

We definitely need to get a good WR in the draft. Could be Heyward-Bey, Nicks, Britt, or even Percy Harvin. With Crabtree and Maclin long gone by the time the Giants make their pick, one of those guys could easily fall in their lap in the 2nd round. A lot of people in the mocks have the Giants going after Harvin. Personally, I like Britt the most.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over who will be the number 4, 5, or 6 reciever. Whoever rises to the top will get more playing time and they all have the potential to break out. We just have to see what happens when they are put to the test.

Yeah, I know Boley will be the weakside backer. Where did I say different? :confused:

I don't know if Bernard will start or not, I kind of think he might, but I don't think it will matter who starts, and that Cofield, Robbins, Bernard, and Alford will all see plenty of time being rotated in and out.

it was sorta the way you lined them up appeared to me that you were penciling him in at strongside

my B

and i agree with it being a healthy rotation

Isn't Cushing projected to go pretty high? I saw one mock draft that him selected 12th.

NFL Network mock draft had Giants taking a DE, Jackson from LSU.

I'm not saying these mocks are set in stone, but I just don't see Cushing falling to the Giants. Are there rumors of the Giants moving up or something?

NFL Network are fools for thinking that we are going to go DE in round 1. We have Kiwi, Osi, and Tuck there, with Tollefson there, too, who played pretty well last year. We are going to go with someone who can come in and make an impact right away with our 1st round pick... and that will be a strongside backer or a WR more than likely. I can see us taking an end later, but not with the first pick.

I think it's going to be:

1 LB

2 WR

2 S

OR

1 WR

2 LB

2 S

Depending on what goes on with the rest of free agency. We have no depth at safety right now. We need some young talent there, and at OL and DL.

BTW, with the 2 moves we've made in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move up higher into the first.

it was sorta the way you lined them up appeared to me that you were penciling him in at strongside

my B

and i agree with it being a healthy rotation

OK, can someone who has played football particularly on defense answer this question? I was under the impression that the strongside and weakside is determined by where the ball is lined up on the football field. For example, if the ball is on the left hashmark, wouldn't the weakside be the right side of the field (the side of the field that has more green to cover)?

Or does it have to do with how the offense lines up? In this case, is the weakside the opposite side of the line from where the TE lines up? Somebody help me here.

But wait... 2nd string:

nice visual, jim.

nice visual, jim.

you cant keep Pierce in the middle

I project Pierce to be a summer cut, and he'll not be picked up by anyone

Blackburn is ready to move in there

Cushing or another topflight draft piick LBer will back up Blackburn at MLBer

Pierce sealed his deal with the Plaxico Fiasco.......and his attrocious play

its time to move on

you cant keep Pierce in the middle

I project Pierce to be a summer cut, and he'll not be picked up by anyone

Blackburn is ready to move in there

Cushing or another topflight draft piick LBer will back up Blackburn at MLBer

Pierce sealed his deal with the Plaxico Fiasco.......and his attrocious play

its time to move on

Blackburn is nothing more then a special teamer, the only reason he played this year is because Wilk was doing horribly out there. If we draft Cushing or a top LB look for Wilk to be cut and maybe even Blackburn, their nothing more then backups to backups at that point.

Peirce,(drafted LB), Boley, Goff, Kehl, Clark and DeOssie will be our main core of LBs for next year and Blackburn if the coaches want him for ST. Look for him to be let go in 2010 when his contract is up.

Blackburn is nothing more then a special teamer, the only reason he played this year is because Wilk was doing horribly out there. If we draft Cushing or a top LB look for Wilk to be cut and maybe even Blackburn, their nothing more then backups to backups at that point.

Peirce,(drafted LB), Boley, Goff, Kehl, Clark and DeOssie will be our main core of LBs for next year and Blackburn if the coaches want him for ST. Look for him to be let go in 2010 when his contract is up.

Pierce will be cut this summer.........book it