SportsWrath

How would it really look?

Allstarjim

NFL Network are fools for thinking that we are going to go DE in round 1. We have Kiwi, Osi, and Tuck there, with Tollefson there, too, who played pretty well last year. We are going to go with someone who can come in and make an impact right away with our 1st round pick... and that will be a strongside backer or a WR more than likely. I can see us taking an end later, but not with the first pick.

I think it's going to be:

1 LB

2 WR

2 S

OR

1 WR

2 LB

2 S

Depending on what goes on with the rest of free agency. We have no depth at safety right now. We need some young talent there, and at OL and DL.

BTW, with the 2 moves we've made in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move up higher into the first.

One thing about the Giants is it seems like they don't draft according to position. While safety and corner were needs the last two years, those players were up high on their board too.

NFL Network are fools for thinking that we are going to go DE in round 1. We have Kiwi, Osi, and Tuck there, with Tollefson there, too, who played pretty well last year. We are going to go with someone who can come in and make an impact right away with our 1st round pick... and that will be a strongside backer or a WR more than likely. I can see us taking an end later, but not with the first pick.

I think it's going to be:

1 LB

2 WR

2 S

OR

1 WR

2 LB

2 S

Depending on what goes on with the rest of free agency. We have no depth at safety right now. We need some young talent there, and at OL and DL.

BTW, with the 2 moves we've made in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move up higher into the first.

You'd be surprised how many mock drafts (from "pros") have the Giants taking Brandon Pettigrew in the first - a Tight End. The comments are that Boss isn't a breakout TE that the Giants crave. :confused:

--------------Tuck---Robbins---Bernard---Umenyiora----------------------------

----------Boley--------------Pierce------------------Cushing?-------------------

Webster-----------------------------------------------------------Ross

-----------------Johnson----------------Phillips---------------------------------

That's pretty frickin' awesome right there.

But wait... 2nd string:

-------------Tollefson---Canty----Cofield----Kiwanuka--------------------------

--------Kehl-----------------Blackburn-----------Clark-----------------------------

Thomas--------------------------------------------------------Dockery

---------------???-------------------------------???--------------------------

I didn't even mention Jay Alford yet!

We need some backup safeties, but this could be the real return of the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. And of course I'm speculating with Cushing, but I really think that the Giants are going to get a top strongside linebacker in the draft.

the reason why the Giants won the Superbowl two seasons ago was not only because of the immense pass rush, but also because our depth was off the charts and that kept the starters healthy. I think Reese understands that and is building tremendous depth.

The first pick will be a WR and they will trade up if need be.

I concur considering all the FA moves have been on D. Even if Plax returns I think they should draft a WR as he is a head case and will never straighten up. He gets his big contract that he wanted then proceeds to get suspended and shoots himself in the leg. This is not a guy that the Giants should be bringing back.

I concur considering all the FA moves have been on D. Even if Plax returns I think they should draft a WR as he is a head case and will never straighten up. He gets his big contract that he wanted then proceeds to get suspended and shoots himself in the leg. This is not a guy that the Giants should be bringing back.

I beg to differ. He did have success with us, and that's something that a guy like Christian Peter didnt have with us yet, and we turned that guy around. I think someone who has played well for us, and who the team wants back, should definately be given a 2nd chance considering how well our front office can handle head case players. What Plax did is mild compared to what alot do. I still think we should draft a WR early anyway, because that, besides safety backup, is our most pressing concern as of now. But we dont know what Manningham, Moss etc can do for a full season and with a D as strong as ours and a run game thats great, we dont need much more.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Giants draft only 2 defensive players through their first 6 or 7 picks or so. A LB and a safety.

As for Kehl, I like him as well and I believe the coaches do, but I've always thought of him as more of a WIL. I'd like to see the Giants get a SLB the caliber of Cushing. Pierce is not getting cut this offseason, Stroud. He's under contract for this season AND next. perhaps he's cut prior to the 2010 season, but he'll be a Giant for this year, and with speedy linebackers next to him, plus a huge D-line in front of him, he should be just fine. I like Chase Blackburn their in the future, though. He's always impressed me and just seems like a gamer who could take that MLB job and run with it, although I could be wrong.