SportsWrath

2009 Free Agency

socalscholar

Well they just announced that the 2009 Salary cap is 172 million giving the Giants an extra 4 million under the cap.

That changes who can be signed in FA.

I see a LB getting signed, cause they will draft a WR with the first pick.

you sir will be WRONG! they are not wasting a round 1 pick on a WR when they have two 2nds

you sir will be WRONG! they are not wasting a round 1 pick on a WR when they have two 2nds

Why does everyone want Kenny Britt? when we already have Smith and Manningham we are not gonna waste a #1 pick on a WR when they are more pressing needs like a good young LB someone like Cushing who can start right away or someone like Matthews/Laurinatis to eventually take A.P's place

Why does everyone want Kenny Britt? when we already have Smith and Manningham we are not gonna waste a #1 pick on a WR when they are more pressing needs like a good young LB someone like Cushing who can start right away or someone like Matthews/Laurinatis to eventually take A.P's place

exactly...we won the Superbowl with an immense pass rush and a solid ground game with a decent passing attack mixed in. We already have the OL and QB and RB, so WR is not a glaring need, its just a position we could upgrade on. However we need to add players that can flat out get after the QB

exactly...we won the Superbowl with an immense pass rush and a solid ground game with a decent passing attack mixed in. We already have the OL and QB and RB, so WR is not a glaring need, its just a position we could upgrade on. However we need to add players that can flat out get after the QB

We are missing the big receiver we had during the SB stretch. Britt has the body-type to be that kind of player, and put up really good numbers playing for a pretty mediocre passing offense.

And with a big time, double team commanding WR. I think we need to use that extra cap space and go get a bigtime, big name receiver. We still have the dominant paas rush(even though it dissappeared briefly the latter part of the season, Osi is coming back) and the Oline and ground game. The only thing from our SB run we dont have is that Plax like receiver.

And with a big time, double team commanding WR. I think we need to use that extra cap space and go get a bigtime, big name receiver. We still have the dominant paas rush(even though it dissappeared briefly the latter part of the season, Osi is coming back) and the Oline and ground game. The only thing from our SB run we dont have is that Plax like receiver.

Unfortunately none of them are hitting the FA market for acouple years.

The more I think about it the more I think we address the LB position through FA and go for Britt in the draft...or maybe Reese can pull some sort of draft magic and make something happen.

How any of you can be satisfied with our WR production from anyone not named Plaxico...?

Our letdown at the end of this past season should be evidence and proof enough that we need a big time WR.

britt is not gonna come in and demand doubles his first year

How can we know that for sure? WE NEED TJ, AND BRITT!!! If we get TJ then in the 1st round we can get either LB, DT/DE, or OL. Then in the 2nd we can get Britt, but if Burress doesn't come back, and we don't get TJ i have a very bad feeling about next year. We all know Hixon will never be anything near Burress, Britt/Nicks will take time to mold, Toomer is gone, Smith is a good route runner, Moss/Manningham unproven. We need a big time reciever, or Manning will get manhandled. Just remember the only game we won during the final stretch was versus the Panthers, and we barely won that. Our RB's won that game. And a missed FG by Kasey, I believe