SportsWrath

DeAngelo Williams a Giant?

lemmiwinks

25. Giants DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis

Tiki Barber finished only 20 yards behind Shaun Alexander for the league's rushing title in 2005, but depth behind him is woefully thin. Williams, the NCAA's career leader with 7,573 all-purpose yards, is a similar prospect who would give the team depth and someone for Barber to eventually pass the torch to.

Link

In there latest mock draft Fox Sports is guessing the Giants take Super Star RB DeAngelo Williams with their first pick. :unsure:

25. Giants DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis

Tiki Barber finished only 20 yards behind Shaun Alexander for the league's rushing title in 2005, but depth behind him is woefully thin. Williams, the NCAA's career leader with 7,573 all-purpose yards, is a similar prospect who would give the team depth and someone for Barber to eventually pass the torch to.

Link

In there latest mock draft Fox Sports is guessing the Giants take Super Star RB DeAngelo Williams with their first pick. :unsure:

:doh:

No way...

This was discussed in another thread already but I'll say my thoughts here again. If Williams were to be available that presents a great opportunity to trade that pick. If we couldnt I still would draft a LB, I wouldnt draft Williams just because he fell to me. I do not think we need a RB. Jacobs still has a ton of potential, im perfectly fine with him as the primary RB to Tiki. If one thing is for certain going into every draft there is always a good talent at the RB position.

I know people will say well he's the BPA. I dont buy into that, and I dont buy into drafting need. Its really a combo of the two. At pick 25 there will be a very talented LB there and I honestly think he will not be worth picking over. Whether its Greenway, Sims, Ryans, or Carpenter, to us there would be more value picking one of those guys then taking Williams.

This was discussed in another thread already but I'll say my thoughts here again. If Williams were to be available that presents a great opportunity to trade that pick. If we couldnt I still would draft a LB, I wouldnt draft Williams just because he fell to me. I do not think we need a RB. Jacobs still has a ton of potential, im perfectly fine with him as the primary RB to Tiki. If one thing is for certain going into every draft there is always a good talent at the RB position.

I know people will say well he's the BPA. I dont buy into that, and I dont buy into drafting need. Its really a combo of the two. At pick 25 there will be a very talented LB there and I honestly think he will not be worth picking over. Whether its Greenway, Sims, Ryans, or Carpenter, to us there would be more value picking one of those guys then taking Williams.

Well said.